Bike
  • 32m
  • 10.50 miles
  • 19.69 Mi/hr

Quick and easy Z1/Z2 spin. Glad I didn't have a longer ride planned - it was really windy.

Easy week coming up.  Although I haven't had anything resembling huge volume, I kind of feel like I need a down week so I was happy to see that the training plan called for one.  I might keep the cycling up, but I'm certainly bringing the running back a good bit after the hilly runs in Atlanta.

Bike
  • 54m 13s
  • 19.50 miles
  • 21.58 Mi/hr
Run
  • 22m
  • 3.10 miles
  • 07m 06s /Mi
Swim
  • 16m 30s
  • 900.00 yards
  • -----

Lum's Pond Sprint - RR is below.

Marianne had been watching the weather forecast while I was in Atlanta and on Thursday she took the liberty of calling Piranha  Sports to see if it was possible to register for the Lum's Pond Sprint on Sunday even though online registration was closed.  They said they had a few spots that could be had by showing up Sat. afternoon.  I had not planned on doing this race simply because it's August and last year it was 110 deg.  I just felt like racing and the weather was going to be awesome so why not do it, right?  I also wanted to get a little more open water swimming in before Diamondman since the swim was cancelled at my last race.  It turned out to be an incredible day and I had an awesome time.  This was the most fun I've ever had racing.

Worked with Bobby all morning.  Got the tongue and groove ceiling up on the back porch.  Left at noon, grabbed my bike and the checkbook and headed up to Lum's Pond and registered for the race on Sunday.
Run
  • 1h 40m
  • 10.50 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

Ran the same route as Wednesday but did two loops through the very hilly section. The training plan called for a 2 hr. run which I had planned on but the hills finally got to me. I got to the point were I was low Z4 on hills and barely recovering on the downhill sections. I should get credit for 2.5 hrs of running for the hills. My legs were absolutely trashed when I finished so I sat in the hot tub for 10 minutes. This was by far the hardest run of the year for me.

Still in Atlanta...back tonight!

In Atlanta for a conference.  (hopefully skipping some meetings to run :))

I had planned on a long swim today but there were some pretty serious t-storms all evening and it was an outdoor pool so I wasn't able to get it in.  Major bummer.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.50 miles
  • 09m 14s /Mi

Ran a 6 mile loop for which the hotel had a cue card which was handy. Awesome route through a very old wealthy Atlanta neighborhood. This route had some serious hills! Only the first and last mile were flat and other than that you were either uphill or downhill. Some hills were a mile long and gradual, others were short and felt like they were vertical. Nice change of scenery and difficulty, but this was a tough run.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 300
6x50 build
3x200
6x100
CD: 200

This was in a 25 meter pool at the hotel. No lines on the bottom so I had to really focus on swimming straight.

In Atlanta for a conference.

Bike
  • 44m 45s
  • 14.00 miles
  • 18.77 Mi/hr

Nice easy ride this morning just to get a few more miles in. I won't be able to ride again until Sunday so I figured I'd get a little more time on the bike.

Decided to change up the schedule last minute because I found out that the hotel I'll be at for the next 4 days has a 25 meter lap pool.  How sweet is that!  I'll be swimming and running the rest of the week so I decided to get a few more miles on the bike.  I'm a little concerned about swimming in a 25 meter pool because I only know how to swim in a 25 yard pool.  I hope I don't drown.  ;)

I'm southbound for Atlanta at noon today for the rest of the week.  It's supposed to be hot and humid down there - hopefully I can get a few good runs in.

Dtraining's Training Log

August 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals