• 50m
  • 2600.00 yards
  • -----

4x200 no warm up on :30 rest. (3:27,28,23,24)
500 at race pace. (8:43)
Rest 1'
6x200 at race pace with 30" rest. (3:25,27,27,25,27,24)
100 cd.

It took a lot of work to convince myself that swimming was better than sleeping this morning. Once I got in the water I was ok, but I definitely felt fatigued throughout the swim. I'm pretty happy with the 200s all being under 3:30, but I'm not sure what happened on the 500. I really felt like I was lifting my head and losing balance when I breathed to the left this morning. I've really got to work on that.

  • 2h 11m
  • 14.10 miles
  • 09m 17s /Mi

Managed to drag my butt out of bed early this morning and got on the road by 0430. It was a lot darker than I thought it would be. I ran Coon Box, Spaniard Neck, Northbrook and 2 loops around the Heights. There was a 2 mile stretch on Coon Box Rd. where there were tall trees on both side of the road and it was so dark I couldn't even see the yellow line in the middle of the road...I was just feeling my way down the middle by finding the crown of the road. The only thing I was nervous about was encountering dogs when it's that dark - you just don't know what you're up against. Running in the dark is a very cool experience because all my senses are at full attention so I wasn't even thinking about running. Before I knew it the sky was starting to lighten up a little. Now for the most incredible part of the morning...seeing an albino whitetail fawn on Spaniard Neck Rd.! I had been spooking tons of deer all morning (even got a few good snorts out of a buck that was pissed when I scared all his ladies off - I snorted back at him and he ran off. What a sissy). Anyway, up ahead on the left side of the road I saw a small deer (still too dark to see much) trotting away from me with it's tail up. All of the sudden, when it turned broadside to get a look at me, it lit up like a neon sign. It was unbelievable how white it was. He skirted off about 5 feet inside the treeline and stood there watching me as I ran by. He probably thought he was camoflaged, but he was snow white head to hoof. What a beautiful animal and what an amazing experience at 5 in morning. It made my day. It was too dark to tell if he was a true albino, but there wasn't a spot of brown anywhere on the side that was turned to me. The rest of the run went great. I felt really strong until about the last 1.5 miles. I had kept my pace right around 9 minutes all morning at the checkpoints I know, but the last couple miles were pretty slow. This is my longest run ever, so I'm happy regardless of pace. What a great morning.

PS.  For everyone that's busting my chops about the chocolate donut....I was fueling up for my run this morning!  :)

  • 1h 15m
  • 24.00 miles
  • 19.20 Mi/hr

What a perfect night for a ride! Warm, but not hot. Just a hint of air out of the north..couldn't have been better. On 309 I saw another bike up ahead swerving all over the shoulder. I could tell it was a hybrid or mountain bike. When I got up there I slowed down and tried my best not to scare him and said "on your left". Of course, there's nothing you can do about it - I scared the crap out of him anyhow. Turns out it's a good friend from church. Pretty cool. I rode easy with him for a few miles and chatted.

  • 1h 05m
  • 2800.00 yards
  • -----

Swim: Swim TT
Assess Fitness
WU: 500 warm up (wu).
8 x 25 ez/fast
MS: 1000 yd TT (*16:39.9*)
(500 splits were 8:24.0,*8:15.9*)
3 x 200 on 15" rest
8x25 ez/fast
CD: 300

Two more PRs today at 500 and 1k distances. I rarely swim 500s so I always seem to set a new 500 PR when I set a new 1k PR. I went out way too hard and after the first 250 I knew I was either going to have to back off or I wasn't going finish so I eased off. When I saw my 500 at 8:24, I really got fired up and gave it all I had. This was definitely the hardest effort I've ever given in the pool. The 200's were supposed to be at race pace, but my stomach was feeling nauseous and my arms were spent so I just cruised through them.

  • 1h 04m 30s
  • 7.10 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

Z1/Z2 run. Northbrook, Watson Rd., and the Heights. My legs were like lead this morning. I guess Sunday's brick caught up with me a little. HR was low due to the cool weather which was a nice change, but my legs just wouldn't go. I've got a long run planned for Thursday morning so I hope they get some spring back in them. A soak in the whirlpool usually does the trick so maybe I'll do that tonight.

    &          &        :) 

  • 50m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 19.20 Mi/hr

Easy ride. Z1/Z2, cadence 90+. Nice evening to be on the bike.

  • 1h 00m
  • 2400.00 yards
  • -----

400 warm-up
8 * 25 ez/hard
8 * 100 on 1:00 rest - go thru the following set twice
1.) 75ez - 25 fast (1:49,1:51)
2.) 50ez - 50 fast (1:40,1:39)
3.) 25ez - 75 fast (1:34,1:36)
4.) 100 fast (*1:26:60*,1:28:20)
200 loosen (easy swim)
6 * 100 pull on 1' rest
200 warm down

Good swim this morning. Felt tired and sloppy during the warm up but seemed to work through it as I got further into the swim. 1:26:60 was a new 100 PR by almost 3 seconds. Those hard 100s after building up were really tough. I haven't done that set in a while - good thing I forgot how tough it was or I might not have done it!

Note to self:  Be sure to grab some pool toys from the gear room prior to each swim when that fast guy is in lane 4.  It's fun to throw things at him.

  • 3h 09m
  • 56.50 miles
  • 17.94 Mi/hr

Rode the Dman course with TRIBMAC, Wycrab and Shelly123. Good solid ride - nothing too crazy to report. It was great to ride with a group (especially this group!)- the time went by really fast. Had a pretty good headwind for the last 10 miles or so which got my HR up. I really don't seem to do well riding into a headwind - I guess I need to work on leg strength in the gym this winter.

  • 1h 00m
  • 6.00 miles
  • -----

Brick. Took a few minutes to put the bikes in the truck and get straight for a run. Followed the Dman course down to the canal path and went out 30 minutes and back. Distance is just a guess. I was actually pleasantly surprised how good my legs felt in the first mile or two since this was the longest ride I've ever followed with a run. We got down on the canal about 25 minutes into it and I started feeling lightheaded and my HR was through the roof. I walked and got a gel and some water down while Glenn went ahead for a few minutes. Started feeling better so I ran just a little further then turned around. Although I felt like I was just shuffeling along, we ran back to the hill where we exit the path and walked up it. Glenn ran up like it was nothing - I thought it was difficult to walk up, let alone run it! Ran back to the transition area and stuck my head under a water spigot then walked back to the truck. I'm a little dissapointed in this run, but it was starting to get really hot and it was my longest brick ever so I'm not going to worry about it. I just really hope it's not this hot on race day.

Worked with Bobby all day.  Worked on crown moulding in the hallway, kitchen and library.

Dtraining's Training Log

 August 2006 
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2011 totals
  • 2010 totals