Met Glenn on 213 a little after  0600 on my way to Bobby's.  It was killing me to see him on the bike with the weather breaking.  Gave him a hollar and headed to Cambridge.  Finished the hardwood floors (my hamstrings are happy) and set the bottom kitchen cabinets. 
Bike
  • 3h 20m
  • 59.00 miles
  • 17.70 Mi/hr

Rode to the pool (8 miles) then 50 after the swim.
Headwind for about 35 miles from the pool to Sudlersville and into Church Hill.

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2600.00 yards
  • -----

4x200 30" rest
1' rest
6x200 30" rest
CD: 100

All at race pace.

Today was supposed to be a swim, 3 hr. bike and 45 min. run, but I started feeling really bad on the bike and never recovered.  I had been in bed most of yesterday evening with stomach problems, but felt ok this morning.  After about 20 miles I started feeling really bad.  I took a break in Sudlersville for about 3-4 minutes and my HR wouldn't fall below 130 so my suspicion now is that I had or have some kind of stomach bug.  I stuck with it as best I could and got the ride in but it wasn't pretty.   I'm really bummed to not get the run in (or even a short transition run), but I just had nothing left and it was really starting to heat up outside since the swim and bike took a lot longer than planned.  I just laid on the cool tile floor for 20 minutes when I got home.  I should have just put this workout off until Sunday - live and learn.

Run
  • 18m
  • 2.00 miles
  • -----

Quick run just to get the cobwebs out from the champagne and wine with dinner last night.

Back from the beach a little early.  Had a good time and some awesome food, but it was just too stinkin' hot.  It wouldn't have been so bad, but the wind was very light and out of the west so the beach was just sweltering hot.  The Thrasher's Fries thermometer sign said it was 103 at 4:00 yesterday afternoon.  It felt like 120.

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.40 miles
  • 08m 49s /Mi

80 deg and 93% humidity. The only way to describe this weather pattern is "cruel". Glad I got up late and only got a short run in. I would have surely died on anything north of 5 miles. I ditched the HRM and the watch this morning so the time is an estimate. Just felt like running without all the gizmos. Kinda felt naked to be honest.

Headed to the beach for a couple days.  Hopefully there will be a decent onshore breeze because it's most definitely going to be hot.  If all goes well, hopefully I'll be about 3 lbs heavier when I get home from all the ice cream I'm going to eat.  :)

Everybody be safe training in this heat!!

Swim
  • 1h 10m
  • 2800.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 300
300 drills
8x100 20" rest
8x100 10" rest
400 pull w/ pads
CD: 200

Bike
  • 2h 40m
  • 48.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Rode down to Glenn's house to drop off his jerseys then took a quick spin down to the landing. (lots of good childhood memories down there) Saw that crazed lunatic in the Ford with the crooked front license plate. Thankfully, he didn't try to run me off the road again. Rode back to C'ville then met up with Marianne for an easy 21 miles at a conversational pace. First 27 miles were at 20.1 mph. Last 21 were somewhere around 16-17 mph.

Had hoped for a swim this morning because my hamstrings and back are really tight and sore from laying hardwood floors all day Saturday.  The pool was closed due to some kind of problems with the pumps or filtration so I put a couple extra miles on the bike.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 1h 35m
  • 10.50 miles
  • 09m 03s /Mi

Good run this morning. Probally the most consistent mood and energy level for a 90 minute run I've ever had.

I don't think there are grey foxes on the eastern shore, but I saw a really dark one early this mornig cross the road ahead of me. I'll have to research that.

Dtraining's Training Log

August 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals