Run
  • 38m
  • 4.25 miles
  • 08m 56s /Mi

Watson Road loop. Form felt really sloppy today. Time is an estimate - I went totally sans electronics.

90 minute drive home from work yesterday and it was absolutely pouring so I never got my run in.  I worked on some new sea duck longlines in the garage so I was rather content.  Gonna try for the run again this afternoon.

Planned on running this morning, but bagged it because of the rain.  Hopefully, I can get something in after work.

Bike
  • 55m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 19.64 Mi/hr

Easy ride to Queenstown and back. Left the HRM at home and just rode.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1550.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 300
5x50 fish
5x50 one arm
5x50 fist
8x50 focused swim
CD: 100

More BS with Glenn than swimming this morning. I was in the pool for 70 minutes and probably only swam for 35-40 min. All drills and focused swimming. It felt really good on the kick drills to loosen up my legs and get some blood flowing. I feel 100%.

Maybe a quick 30 min easy spin tonight (trainer if it's raining) then a massage.  No complaints here.

Here's my buddy for the weekend!!!

Full acknowledgements go to "3558" for my new blog title.  I can't think of any other phrase that more appropriately describes my triathlon "career". 

I feel 100% better today.  It's amazing what two nights of 9+ hours of sleep can do for you. Hamstring tendons are still tight after sitting for a period of time, but my energy is back.  I've got a massage scheduled for tomorrow evening so maybe that'll help.  I felt so good when I got up I kinda kicked myself for not going and getting a short swim in, then I came to my senses.  Today's excercise will be cutting the grass when I get home from work.  I'll probably swim tomorrow and maybe go for an easy spin on the bike.
Race report is up, but I couldn't figure out a way to do my age group ranking and they didn't give that information.  This might be a good thing because I probably don't want to know how bad it really was!

Headed to Fuddrucker's for lunch!!!  Yeah baby.
Bike
  • 2h 50m
  • 56.00 miles
  • 19.76 Mi/hr

Happy

Run
  • 2h 30m
  • 13.10 miles
  • 11m 27s /Mi

Ouch!

Swim
  • 34m 15s
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 01m 38s /100 yards

Psyched

Not completely sure of my total time...I forgot to stop my watch and I wasn't looking at the finish clock. (I was too busy trying to get one foot in front of the other which was quite a task at that point!)  I think I came in somewhere around 6:05.  T1 was about 5:00 and T2 was 1:29.  The run was total misery from the first step.  I can't say the run was "fun", but I really had a great day even though I missed out on a couple of goals.  The positives were having a fantastic swim, a solid bike, great weather and no flats on the bike.  And it was awesome having friends like Glenn and Shelly and my wonderful wife pulling for me and waiting at the finish.  I have absolutely nothing to complain about.  In fact, I think this probably has me more fired up about Eagleman than I would have been if I had nailed the run.  With some more training, I know I can do better than this.  I immediately signed up for Eagleman and Columbia when I got home and I can't wait to have another go at this distance.

Bike
  • 20m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Easy warmup to stretch the legs out. Threw in a few 20" accelerations on the way back.

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.75 miles
  • 08m 34s /Mi

Quick run off the bike. HR was strangely high - not sure what's up with that.

It's all over now....just waiting for 7:18am tomorrow morning.  Just chilling the rest of today reading and watching movies.  I wonder how tomorrow will go?

Dtraining's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals