Run
  • 32m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi

Ran to the high school and back. Mostly Z1.

Still didn't feel quite 100% when the alarm went off this morning, but I felt like I had to do something to keep the legs moving.  Got an easy, short run in which felt good.   If I can get to bed at a decent hour tonight, I might try to get that brick in tomorrow morning.

Forgot to put my swimming bag in the truck this morning so no swim today. 

Gameplan for today was a run focused brick this morning, but I was really fatigued and my legs were sore.  I don't know what was going on, but I've been feeling like I'm fighting off some type of bug the last few days.  My body was definitely giving the signals for rest so I slept in and ate a big breakfast.  After church, Bobby and I drove up to Tuckerton, NJ and picked up our new boat - she is a sweet rig!  It's going to be tough to stay focused on training the next two weeks.  With the geese showing up and having the boat, hunting is about all that's on my mind.
Standard Saturday.  Trimmed out the bathrooms upstairs and set the newel posts on the back stairs.  Also worked on some hand rail.
Bike
  • 2h 11m
  • 42.50 miles
  • 19.47 Mi/hr

Had planned on this being a very easy "just enjoy the day" ride, but the wind quickly put the squash on that idea. Definitely ended up being a solid workout. Had two 13 mile stretches into the wind that were tough.

Planning on riding this afternoon.  I've got about a million things around the house that need to be done so I'm feeling a little distracted.  Good riding weather is going to be in short supply soon so I feel like I should definitely get some miles in.

Run
  • 44m 30s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

Z1/Z2. 48 deg this morning. Summer is officially over in my book. This is perfect running weather in my opinion, but I did get a little chill after I broke a sweat and turned into the wind. The only thing that would have made this morning better was if I had heard the first migrating geese of the year.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1850.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 500
Drills:
100 balance
200 one-arm (mostly working on left arm pull)
200 fist
MS: All fast form focus
5x100 on 30" rest (1:32,32,32,30,32)
5x50 on 20" (45,45,44,45,45)
CD: 100

Bike
  • 46m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 20.87 Mi/hr

Perfect temps, but seriously windy. Did 5x2' big gear with cadence at 60-70.

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 300
1 x 2000 easy to mod pace (36:55)

500s were (9:09,9:20,9:13,9:09)
1000s were (18:29,18:22)
1 mile split was 33:14
CD: 200

1 mile split was 30" slower than the last time I swam a mile back in March. Kinda disapointed at that, but I kept a relatively easy pace throughout and I can't remember how hard I swam it last time. I'm wondering if I miscounted in March because I have no doubt that my swimming has improved since then.

An interesting and helpful discovery this morning was that my lower back was a little tight when I finished the 2k which is the same thing that happened at Dman and made for an uncomfortable bike ride. I think this could be b/c I have the habit of looking forward too much when I swim, but is going to require further investigation. Maybe I should swim more longer continuous sets like this so my body adapts?

The pool was empty this morning and there were no representatives of the Davis triathlon team which was surprising.

Run
  • 41m 20s
  • 4.75 miles
  • 08m 42s /Mi

Ran my Northbrook loop but found a paved path that connects each end of the development. My regular loop there is 4.5 miles - this was definitely a little longer but it's an estimate. I'll have to ride it with my bike to get the real distance. Threw in 4x30" strides and kept pace on the hills.

It's starting to feel like this happens more often than not recently, but I got home kinda late last night after a really long day yesterday so I slept in.  I've been around a lot of people that have colds recently so I really don't want to get run down.  I only have a run on the schedule for today so I'll get that in after work and before cutting grass (which seems to be growing an inch every day!)

Dtraining's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals