Run
  • 28m 30s
  • 3.30 miles
  • 08m 38s /Mi

C'ville hills. I haven't run through town and back in quite a while. I sprinted the hills and cruised in between. HR hit 187 on the 3rd hill - felt like my lungs were going to burst! Strange weather this morning. It was cool, but humid. I worked up a pretty good sweat and was wearing short sleeves, but I could see my breath like it was sub-freezing out. Weird.

Bike
  • 57m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 16.84 Mi/hr

Easy leisurely ride with Marianne to just enjoy the weather. The smell of the freshly cut corn and bean fields was incredible - it always reminds me of riding in the combines and playing in the corn and beans in the back of the trucks on my grandparent's farm when I was a kid.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1850.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 300
Drills:
100 one-arm, 150 fist
MS: 12x100 at T+3" (1:43)on 20" rest

1:35,39,40,42,39,40,38,42,41,39,40,40

CD: 100

Once again, I can't dial in the T+3" for a pacing focus workout. My times were all over the place, but this was probably the lowest PE for times around 1:40 ever for me.

Swim at lunch and maybe a ride this evening.

Bike
  • 31m
  • -----
  • -----

Trainer.
10' warm up
3x5' in biggest gear I could hold at 85+ cadence.

Run
  • 54m 35s
  • 6.30 miles
  • 08m 40s /Mi

Run focused brick per coach Davis. Did 3x5' 5k race pace (Z4) intervals. With the cool temps it was really tough to get my HR up. I barely touched Z4 at the end of the first two then had an uphill stretch on the 3rd which got me into mid-Z4. Another perfect running morning. Lots of geese showed up last night!

I can't ever be allowed to buy Honey Sesame Cashews or Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans from TJs ever again.  I have absolutely no willpower to stop once I get started on them.

Run
  • 32m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi

Ran to the high school and back. Mostly Z1.

Still didn't feel quite 100% when the alarm went off this morning, but I felt like I had to do something to keep the legs moving.  Got an easy, short run in which felt good.   If I can get to bed at a decent hour tonight, I might try to get that brick in tomorrow morning.

Forgot to put my swimming bag in the truck this morning so no swim today. 

Gameplan for today was a run focused brick this morning, but I was really fatigued and my legs were sore.  I don't know what was going on, but I've been feeling like I'm fighting off some type of bug the last few days.  My body was definitely giving the signals for rest so I slept in and ate a big breakfast.  After church, Bobby and I drove up to Tuckerton, NJ and picked up our new boat - she is a sweet rig!  It's going to be tough to stay focused on training the next two weeks.  With the geese showing up and having the boat, hunting is about all that's on my mind.
Standard Saturday.  Trimmed out the bathrooms upstairs and set the newel posts on the back stairs.  Also worked on some hand rail.
Bike
  • 2h 11m
  • 42.50 miles
  • 19.47 Mi/hr

Had planned on this being a very easy "just enjoy the day" ride, but the wind quickly put the squash on that idea. Definitely ended up being a solid workout. Had two 13 mile stretches into the wind that were tough.

Planning on riding this afternoon.  I've got about a million things around the house that need to be done so I'm feeling a little distracted.  Good riding weather is going to be in short supply soon so I feel like I should definitely get some miles in.

Dtraining's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals