Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 19.80 miles
  • 19.16 Mi/hr

20 mile loop. Very sad to see some of my favorite roads freshly tar and chipped. It'll be several weeks before they're ride-able again. I saw my friend the piebald deer on Spaniard Neck. I haven't seen him in almost 9 months so that was cool. I also saw a turkey bolt out of some beans, across the road, and into a cornfield. Lots of wildlife out tonight. Got caught in a little rain and wind, but nothing too bad.

I'm loving the extra sleep.  Back to early swimming next week.  Perfect day for an evening spin on the bike!  (actually, a perfect day to ride all day long).  On another note, I'm seriously sore in my glutes, hip flexors and quads from yoga last night.  Ouch.  I can definitely see where that would be a good addition to the training plan, but there's only so many hours in a week.

Run
  • 44m 30s
  • 4.50 miles
  • 09m 53s /Mi

I was hoping the storms early this morning would cool things off a bit but it was pretty nasty and grey out this morning.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Tried a yoga class with Marianne. I had some seriously twitchy muscles on a few of the positions. She focused on stretching which is what I need.

Bike
  • 1h 27m
  • 28.00 miles
  • 19.31 Mi/hr

Warm ride out 309 then home past the alpacas.

Off to D.C. for a meeting at noon today and hopefully a ride tonight if the storms don't mess me up.

Against my wishes, I guess today's going to have to be a rest day.  I had to get in the office early and I've got to cut grass tonight.
Run
  • 40m 15s
  • 4.25 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

Watson Rd loop. Sans HRM. I have a feeling we're going to be missing the cool spring weather running starting this week. Definitely toasty this morning.

Bike
  • 1h 25m
  • 26.00 miles
  • 18.35 Mi/hr

Rode up to the swim with Glenn from my house.

Swim
  • 53m 55s
  • 3500.00 yards
  • 01m 32s /100 yards

2-mile option at the Swim for Life ows in Chestertown. Nice to be able to swim hard and not worry about pacing for a bike and run afterwards.

Bike
  • 30m
  • 8.00 miles
  • -----

Dropped Marianne's car to have new tires put on and rode to work and back.

I had to bring Marianne's car over today to have new tires put on so I brought my bike and rode it from the shop (over by the mall) to work.  I took Bestgate and the road that parallels Rowe into town (I think it's called Ritchie or Ridgley or something) that the Annapolis bike course is on.  Very nice  road with a little undulation.  Traffic was a little nuts, but it'll be nice on race day.  Glad I don't ride over here much....drivers are either asleep, stupid, mean, or a combination of the three.
The booze cruise last night was too much fun.  I'll spare you the details, but I'll give the key words and you can piece it together:

Painkillers
Coronas
Cuervo
Boats
Water cannons
Water balloons

Dtraining's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16