Run
  • 58m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 36s /Mi
"Long" and easy run today in the rain. I only went 5 miles but I am tapering for the 3M Half Marathon next Sunday. I really felt fatigued in my legs after yesterday. The slightest uphill really taxed my desire to continue. With that said, I still had a pretty good run and felt much better after it was done. Looking forward to an off day on Monday and a good taper week:) I am going for a PR (sub 2:00) in the Half Marathon on Sunday, so it's all about the run this week.

Bike
  • 5h 00m
  • 65.00 miles
  • 13.00 Mi/hr
Run
  • 15m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 10m /Mi
We rode today instead of Sunday due to the rain forecast for Sunday. It was windy (10-20mph) out of the north again. We rode in Georgetown, from Christine's house and did the 35 mile loop twice. Most the first 20 miles was uphill (1-3%) and into the wind. The trip back was not as easy as I hoped but we did get some breaks from constant peddling. This was a great workout for IMFL as there was no let-up from pushing the cranks. My quads were toast after I got home. I actually enjoied getting off the bike and running. I took a power nap after getting back and showering. Without that I would have not been enjoyable to be around.

Off today except for power yoga and polymetric stretching/core.
Run
  • 30m
  • 3.00 miles
  • -----
Swim
  • 30m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards
Easy run in the morning. I should have done some trainer work to get in an additional bike but the weather was so nice I had to go for a run. Swim tonight was better than last week. Still not hard but started to pick-up the speed work (did a 1:12/100 yard).

Run
  • 45m
  • 4.50 miles
  • 10m /Mi
Ran 45 minutes of speed and interval drills today. Feeling much better.

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -
I need to get in a 45min run today and some core work. However, I don't feel motivated this morning. It's cold and windy (25-40mph gusts). I am going to postpone until this afternoon and then just gut-it-out. I did the core work but skipped the run. I just don't have it today.

Ok, I have not been keeping-up with my training log, although I have been doing base training in preparation for next year. I think I'm organized enough to start keeping a better log. After the last Half Ironman in October, I cut back all the training (and logging) and just started going out and running for fun. I really didn't bike or swim much until the end of November. I am swimming once a week, focusing on my run as I do a couple of Half Marathons and am starting to get back into once a week trainer sessions on the bike and the weekly long ride of 60ish miles. I have been really focused on core strength in the gym, flexibility and stretching (and the running). 291 days until Ironman Florida!

mkmbharris' Training Log

January 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals