Light freezing rain
High 34F
Low 22F
WEDNESDAY
Moderate snow
High 16F
Low 7F

Rest Day!

Sushi plans tonight with Dara, Jody and Agnes. In the middle of the predicted blizzard. I think I'm going to stay @ Dara's house since we're supposed to do OTF tomorrow AM in Wheaton and the studio is pretty close to her condo. I'll take Chris' 4 wheel drive SUV and worry about getting all the way home tomorrow morning. Hopefully the plows will be out overnight.

Hoooooooorrrraaaaaayyyyy Chicago! 6 to 12 inches expected. Blagh.

Monday  Rest
Tuesday  Noon 
Wednesday Bike (Peloton) 
Thursday  Noon 
Friday Rest/Dinner with the girls. 
Saturday  Wheaton with Dara 
Sunday  St Charles with neighbors.

• Health data: Hours slept: 10
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Felt just "OK" today. Legs were tired after yesterday's bike ride. LOL. Had to jump off the treadmill during the warm up so I could pee.

2G - Power/ Endurance.

Treads
Block 1: 5.5 minutes
2 min. Push
60 sec. Base
2 min. Push
30 sec. All out

60 sec. WR

Block 2: 5 minutes
2 min. Push
60 sec. Base
90 sec. Push
30 sec. All out

60 sec. WR

Block 3: 4.5 minutes
2 min. Push
60 sec. Base
60 sec. Push
30 sec. All out

60 sec. WR

Block 4: 3.5 minutes
2 min. Push
60 sec. Base
30 sec. All out

Floor

Block 1:
200 m. Row
Complete 3 rounds of:
4 S/A snatch each
10/12/14 Power sit up
Plank until time is called

Block 2:
150 m. Row
Complete 3 rounds of:
8 Goblet Squats
10/12/14 S/A Power Jacks each (No no no no no)

Block 3:
100 m. Row (Hit 310 watts on the rower!)
Complete 3 rounds of:
8 DB Skier Swing
10/12/14 Bench hop-over (improving)

Block 4:
Core Blast - Freestyle: Various situps with and without weights.

Monday  Rest
Tuesday  Noon 
Wednesday Bike (Peloton) 
Thursday  Noon 
Saturday  Wheaton with Dara 
Sunday  St Charles with neighbors.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.35 miles
  • 16.47 Mi/hr

So the little gym at work bought these Peloton bikes. 4 of them! They can be sync'd to live workouts (if they're happening) and you can also choose from a library of existing workouts. I did something called "45 MIN Y2K POP RIDE". It was a decent workout and these bikes are pretty nice.

About 3/4 of the way thru the "ride" we did a strange arm routine with 2 lb weights. I could have done without that, but all in all, it was not a waste of time, and I'm crossing bike off the list and this may not end up being a recovery week after all!

WORK OUTFIT ALERT! (also CAT HAIR ALERT!) I swear I can't get out of the house without being coated in cat hair. I rolled myself multiple times. (with a lint roller, not in a pile of cat hair.)

This dress is not nearly as baggy (or as long!) on me as it is on this girl. ^^^ But this is the dress I am wearing today. It's like a fashion show up in my blog.

The work gym got Peloton bikes. I am interested in this... Are they going to be hooked up to actual Peloton workouts? Will there be a charge to use these bikes? Are they just bikes and not "live studio" interactive? I will investigate. 

Monday  Rest
Tuesday Noon
Wednesday Rest Networking/CE event after work/"Projecting Power and Confidence in Speech" Sooo. Just found out that this event will not give me any CE unless I am an attorney. It's CLE, not CE. So unless I am dying to sit around and feel awkward in a room full of attorneys, I am going to skip it. Checked out the Peloton bikes and I'm going to try to ride one of them tonight after work, and get myself on a decent train home, and do OTF tomorrow!  Mission Accomplished!
Thursday Noon
Saturday Wheaton with Dara
Sunday St Charles with neighbors.

Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Holy Hell. Partner workout. This time my last partner specifically didn't choose me. Lol. Of course I didn't choose her either. She was very fit and competitive. I got another girl today who was about the same as me, motivationally and speed wise. We did pretty well.

Of course I almost choked on my own lungs.

CAPTURE THE FLAG

Tread 1: 2m push, 1m base, 2m push, 1m base, 90s push, 1m base, 1m push, 30s AO
Floor 1: 20/16/12/8 trx bicep curl, squat jacks, plank Spider-Man & sit-up to alt punch

Then

Partner A: 20 squat to twisting shoulder press with MB, 10 MB push ups and 10 MB double crunch, then run .2
Partner B: Row until tagged out.
Then switch.
Second run segment was .15, third was .10.
We rowed a cumulative 5098 meters, so we captured the RED flag for going 5000M. There was a green flag for 3000, an orange for 4000 and a red for 5000.

Monday  Rest
Tuesday Noon
Wednesday Rest Networking/CE event after work/"Projecting Power and Confidence in Speech"
Thursday Easy spin

Gonna try to make this a recovery week. I feel sort of tired and draggy, like I should give my body a break. This OTF workout routine  is completely different than triathlon training. It's shorter, but higher intensity, and it involves lifting some heavy things. Arthritis in my shoulders is creaking and complaining beyond just muscle soreness. However for once my knees both feel great.

Regardless, to that end, this week's schedule will be as follows:

Monday  Rest
Tuesday Noon
Wednesday Networking/CE event after work/"Projecting Power and Confidence in Speech"
Thursday Easy spin
Friday Rest/90 min massage @ XSport. 

Right here. This is the rest area.

Emily!!! I found some little icons to jazz up by BT blog. . Thank you for the inspiration. It's the little things.  

On an unrelated note: I am insanely sick of my working arrangements in the basement. It's COLD, it's CRAMPED, and I accidentally kicked my mouse cord AGAIN and knocked it off the desk. I spend 8+ hours a day jammed into a corner. I don't have room to do... ANYTHING. I had more room in my college  dorm room. It's also an ergonomic nightmare. I sit in this chair twisted over to the left all day, while a space heater blows into my eyes, drying them completely out by 3PM each day.

ENOUGH.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

So I have figured out why I can't (or won't? or don't?) push myself as hard as some people in the class... I don't trust my body. That's the bottom line. Every step I run, every stroke I row... I am assessing... "what if my knee pops? What if my shoulder snaps? What if I fall? What if what if what if???" I have had a lot of this throughout my "athletic" career, so why should OTF be any different? My body has betrayed me on a number of occasions, so I think it's wise to doubt it's utility... but I do think it holds me back a bit.

This was a 3G switch, so we hit every station 2x.

Treads
Warm up (I started here)
2 min push
1 min base
30 sec AO
WR
45 sec AO
WR
1 min AO
WR -- Switch to Rower

Row
200 AO
3 x 10 squat jacks + MB squats
Row for distance 600 -- Switch to Floor

Floor
6 DB plank on bench reverse flys on each side
6 single leg bench hop ups on each side
10 TRX pull ups -- Switch back to Treads

Treads
Same format as before maintain/exceed paces

Row
Row for distance... the same as your 200 + whatever distance was last time. Then:
3x 10 squat jacks and MB squats. If time remains, static squat with MB

Floor
16 DB plank rows
10 DB plank pull throughs total
10 power sit ups

Whizzzzz's Training Log

January 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26