THURSDAY
Partly cloudy
High 77F
Low 61F
Bike
  • 1h 16m 32s
  • 17.30 miles
  • 13.56 Mi/hr

Easy little ride with Chris on the path.

My TdF Fantasy Team RULES. I am doing really really well. I probably won't win a prize in the overall contest, but I'm ranked 297 OVERALL and 26 in the USA. I am pretty good at knowing the strengths and weaknesses of professional cyclists. The yellow jersey has been on my team EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE TOUR. Actually, all 3 major jerseys are currently on my team. 

Sport
  • Walking
  • 33m

Walked to the restaurant from the office and then from the restaurant to the theatre... then back to the office after the show. It was a really nice night and it didn't make sense to take a cab. Was about 2 miles total. Maybe a little more.

So this has been a rather meager week of workouts. Lots of socializing and not a lot of exercising. I have been working the LoseIt plan though, so I don't think I have done too poorly in regard to calorie/food intake and consumption. My stomach/intestines/etc seem to have recovered from whatever was freaking them out. I am eating carefully. 

Hamilton was again amazing. Of course. If you have the opportunity to see it when it comes to your city, go! Read a little bit about the history and story first, so you don't get lost in some of the rapid fire quick moving lyrics. I was completely bewildered the first time I saw the show. Last night, it was all I could do to KEEP FROM CLIMBING UP ON STAGE and joining in!  Unfortunately, I'm not the dancer I once was, and those of you who know me know I have never been a talented singer. So, while wildly entertaining for me, my performance would have been a bit of a bummer for the audience, that's for sure. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Hamilton tonight for the 3rd (and probably final) time! So excited to put the musical together with all of the songs that I now know by heart. 

Today's outfit. ^^^

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

My TdF fantasy team is kicking some serious ASS. I am proud of myself. 

Work is kicking MY ASS. Ugh. 

In other news I took a food sensitivity blood test. I am basically mildly reactive to almost everything, while moderately reactive to sunflower seeds and sesame seeds. 

Dairy:

Egg whites and yolks, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt, Cows Milk, Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese. ( I think I am a little lactose intolerant, honestly...) 

Fruits: 

Coconut, Apple, Watermelon, Pineapple, Banana, Lemon, Blueberry, Peach, Tomato, Grape, Pear, Grapefruit, Cantaloupe, Strawberry, Orange. 

Grains: 

Gluten, Rye, Wheat, Malt, Yeast, (both bakers and brewers) Oats, Barley, Bran and Brown Rice

Meats:

Turkey, Lamb, Chicken, Beef, Pork

Seafood: 

Shrimp, Lobster, Tuna, Salmon, Clam, Crab, Scallop, Cod, Haddock, Sole, Swordfish.  ( FYI meeting the girls for sushi tonight. I still intend to fucking eat it. ) 

Seeds and Nuts: 

Sunflower, Sesame (These two were in the YELLOW range) Black Walnut, Safflower, Peanut, Chia, Cashew, Almond.

Spice: 

Ginger, Black pepper, Oregano, Cola, Coffee, Black Tea, Cocoa, Dill, Tarragon, Garlic, Bay leaves, Honey, Mustard, Cinnamon. 

Vegetables:

Kelp, Basil, White Potato, Spinach, Kale, Green Beans, Mushrooms, Eggplant, Squash, Celery, Asparagus Soybeans, Broccoli Onion, Lettuce, Carrot, Sweet Potato, Green Pea, Lima Bean, Corn, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Bell Peppers, Avocado, Green Olives Cabbage. 

Um. OK? I gotta say, I'm even more confused now than I was before! 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 56m 13s
  • 3.61 miles
  • 15m 34s /Mi

The normal route.

LOOK WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!! 

I am an unapologetic cycling nerd. I can't help it. It seems to be getting worse. 

I joined a Fantasy TdF  league or something.  I still am not sure of the rules and I don't know what I might win, but I'm doing pretty well! I am ranked 478 world wide and 28 in the USA. Ha. Who knew I was good at this? My team is as follows: 

• Peter Sagan
  • Julian Alaphillipe
  • Greg VanAvermaet
  • Matty Hayman
  • Someone Castroviejo (I needed one last person and he was all I could afford... figured he was gonna be good since he's on Sky, but... so far he's done nothing for me)
  • Nikki Terpstra (chose him bc he won Paris Roubaix one year... and I knew about the Cobblestone stage)
  • Fernando Garviria (He was MONEY for the first couple of stages and will continue to be relevant in the closing stages and the final day) 
  • Geraint Thomas (He was a switch. I traded Marcel Kittel for him, since Kittel doesn't do anything in the mountains)

I have one more change left and I cant make it until after the next rest day. It's a budget problem... Who do I give up and who do I take? Hmmmmmmmm. 

Departed Door County at 6:00 AM to get home before a 12:00 PM phone call. I had a 9 AM phone call in between and Chris had calls from 7:30-10 pretty much straight through. At one point we were both trying to conference at the same time. I had a headset and he was trying to run his call through the hands free car phone. I drove most of the time bc I had only 1 call. Got us home in plenty of time for my noon call which was pushed to 1:30 PM. 

This is the excitement of working remotely. 

Also, today is a rest day. Because I have been doing SO MUCH WORKING OUT. I must recover. Right? Right. In reality, I need to do 400 loads of laundry and regain control of the house. We left on Friday in a rush like a couple of refugees. The house was a tornado

Whizzzzz's Training Log

July 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
Time