Saint Charles,IL 

Going to Walgreens Minute Clinic today. Gonna hopefully get me some drugs. I am surviving on a steady stream of DayQuil during the day and NyQuil at night. I am also taking Mucinex. My ear will not pop. It remains clogged and it squeaks occasionally. Weird.

Double ear infection! Good

times!

Birthday Dinner @ Beckon, Denver, Thursday 8/15/2019

Really liked my dress! Too bad I am so super ultra awkward at bathroom selfies. How do people get cute photos of their outfits? I have yet to master this skill.

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 10

Worked for like 2 hours, went back to bed and slept the rest of the day. Got up, triaged eMails, went back to bed. Coughing, clogged ear, blah blah blah.

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 15

I have some sort of sinus infection/inner ear infection. My head is completely clogged and my ears are ringing. I was fighting a cold when we arrived in Denver, and altitude + no sleep = extreme head infection. My whole face is swollen and if my ears pop, I am extremely dizzy. No bueno.

• Health data: Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8
Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m

11,831 steps, or 5.75 miles of walking today (Sunday...)

Sport
  • Walking
  • 3h 00m

17,745 steps or 8.57 miles of walking today (Saturday)

Up at 2:30 AM, to the start line by 3:30 AM. Kristin took off at 4. Then we went back to the house for a moment, and then we were off to the first check in point, May Queen, which was 13 miles in. Parking was a disaster there, so Chris and I opted to go ahead and meet her at Outward Bound instead. We got there super early so we were able to sleep in the back of our rental van for 2 glorious hours.

Kristin came through, then we hightailed it to Twin Lakes to get a spot. We thought we were being crafty and early, but we BARELY got a spot there, and had to walk 1.8 miles with all of the crap from the van. The rest of the crew showed up later after walking 2.5 miles from the car. The logistics of this event are fucked.

We waited and waited for Kristin to come through, and apparently somehow missed her. She finally arrived at our station very upset and emotional. We sat her down, calmed her down, switched her packs, and got her going again.

Chris, Scott and I then attempted to get up to Winfield, which was the turn around point. There were busses running to and from Winfield. The bus schedule was fucked at best, and we ended up waiting in a line for 2.5 hours. They sent the pacers up ahead so we got separated from Scott. He took all of the gear with him, and we were supposed to take it from him if we arrived in time.

We barely got there in time, but we were able to get the gear from him. Kristin came through, we took all of the gear, and Scott took off with her. Meanwhile, Dan Arnett (Marvarnettt from here, 4000 years ago) came through, missing the 6 pm cut off.

Chris and I got on the next bus back down to Twin Lakes (Which didn't come until 7 PM) and made it back to the staging area around 8:30 PM. By that time, the random pacer guy had arrived, and we were chatting with him and getting to know him. He was really an amazing guy, a 20 year Army veteran that was in charge of health and wellness of 25,000 army guys on a base... I forget the specifics, but he was also a motivational speaker with a great attitude and he was 100% exactly what Kristin (and we) needed in the moment. I am grateful to have met him.

Kristin came in around 9:40, he ripped off her shoes, lubed up her feet, changed her socks, got her pack all ready to roll and pretty much told her he was there for her and her alone and anything she needed he'd provide. He had all kinds of equipment, including an ELT, a mirror and some flares, and jackets and gloves and other stuff. He ended up staying with her for over 25 miles, since the original middle of the night pacer was sick at home with diarrhea and altitude sickness.

Chris and I went back to the house after Twin Lakes, and we skipped Outward Bound the second time. Instead, we went with Scott to May Queen to pick up John and drop off Scott and do the last equipment juggling routine. We had to park about 1.5 miles away from May Queen here as well.

The sun was just coming up, and Kristin seemed to be in pretty good spirits. Now just 13 more miles. We took John back to the house so he could shower and maybe nap, and then we all headed to the finish line.

A super log day, which started today, Saturday, and finished tomorrow, Sunday.

Click the map for a larger map.

Room service breakfast @ hotel in Denver, then we drove leisurely up to Leadville. Dinner in Leadville and then to bed early, getting ready for a big day ahead tomorrow!

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Whizzzzz's Training Log

August 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time