TUESDAY
Partly cloudy
High 59F
Low 43F
Bike #1
  • 29m 36s
  • 7.56 miles
  • 15.32 Mi/hr

THIS WAS ALSO HARD. Apparently the FTP building workouts are pretty easy.

Bike #2
  • 09m 24s
  • 2.54 miles
  • 16.21 Mi/hr

OMG SO HARD.

This was the first little ride. Only made it 10 minutes. Sheesh. 

Looked for a half hour workout to finish the day and found this...

Bike
  • 36m 27s
  • 8.55 miles
  • 14.07 Mi/hr

ZOMG. Well, whatever I do tomorrow will seem easy.

Cut it short. Oh boy.

9:21 AM: In the office for a meeting today. Scooting out of here around 4. Then going to do a trainer ride tonight. REALLY.

I have been spending some of my spare time reading Alexander Hamilton's correspondence. (Spare = the time I probably could have been on the trainer...) To Eliza, his wife and also to Angelica, her sister (his sister in law). I am not embarrassed to admit his letters make me smirk and smile a bit even today, some 200+ years later. He's clever and I like that.

A bit scandalous to be flirting with his own sister in law, though.

It's too bad we don't write anything now that will be of any interest to anyone in 200 years.

I have also read the Reynolds letters... the blackmail/extortion letters back and forth between Hamilton and Maria Reynolds & Maria's husband. Mr. and Mrs. Reynolds were very poor spellers.

Next up, THE FEDERALIST PAPERS!

(Absolutely kidding)

Morning: For those of you who may be interested, my digestive issues are pretty much gone! I feel 100% better and am crapping like a regular "normal" person. No more extreme burping or farting or odd digestive gurgling. No more stomach pains. So freaking weird.  I am no longer taking Prevacid, just taking Align. I have been avoiding the foods on the list, or having them only in minute doses. And definitely not combined with each other. I have not done another smoothie yet... not sure that I will. Am afraid. That was MISERABLE.

6:36 PM: Signing off the work computer now. Ugh. I'm being beaten to a pulp by this place!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Crack that whip! Back to work! Back to SNOW?!!?! !?!?! This is the worst spring I can remember.

Ankles still pretty swollen from traveling and walking around NOLA in heels. Giving myself a day off. Also need to unpack, do laundry, and put in 8 hours of work. So. Next time I travel I WILL NOT FORGET MY COMPRESSION SOCKS. I WILL NOT. I WILL NOT.

And of course as soon as I go out of town, eBay explodes and everyone orders stuff. So I had 4 things to pack up and get out into the mail today. A good problem to have. Am clearing stuff out. Slowly but surely. This makes me happy. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m

Hangover. Walked around the riverwalk. About 2 hours. Got Beignets and Cafe Au Lait. Walked around French Quarter Fest. Tried to rally, but ended up going back to the hotel and taking a 3 hour nap before dinner. Chris was so hungover he couldn't eat dinner. Packed up our stuff and went to bed early, so we could get up early to come home,

So hungover. And it was cooooooooolllld. 55 ish, but sunny.

I rallied for dinner, however Chris did not. He sat across from me and just looked miserable for about an hour. I had a single glass of celebratory champagne and he had lemonade. He hardly touched his meal. Walked back to hotel and went immediately (back to)  to bed.

Sport #1
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

Deep Tissue Couple's Massage. Yeowch. Felt great.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m

More walking. Today was RAIN so we walked to lunch and then walked around the WW2 museum. Then walked back. Maybe only 2 hours collectively.

Whizzzzz's Training Log

April 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
Time
  • April's totals