THURSDAY
Moderate or heavy rain shower
High 85F
Low 65F
Bike
  • 1h 43m 57s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 11.54 Mi/hr

SUPER SUPER SUPER easy recovery ride with Trudy and Scotty. Scotty is getting over pneumonia and Trudy is still getting used to riding with her replacement hip. So... this was slow. And leisurely. Down the path to the 10 mile mark and back. nbd.

It was hot. Extremely extremely hot and humid.  

Bike
  • 2h 30m 46s
  • 46.80 miles
  • 18.62 Mi/hr

First ride on the tri bike outside since IMWI. Felt really amazing for about 2 hours. Then I hit the proverbial wall. Actually, if I'm being honest, it wasn't proverbial. I felt like I actually hit a wall. A brick wall.

Hot. So very very hot. And early. So very very early. This was an August effort in May. I have speed and power but not enough endurance yet. My neck and back and shoulders were KILLING ME.

Definitely not used to riding a bike for more than 2 hours. And definitely not heat acclimated. For God's sake last week we were wearing jackets! Suddenly we've been thrust into an oven.

I really and truly wonder how this 56 mile hilly bike ride is going to go... 2 WEEKS FROM TOMORROW?!?!?!?!

The penis map.

Power distribution.

Chris Parker's daily life ^^^

Anyone interested in yesterday's office outfit? I don't know why I am finding it necessary to document my outfits but I am. I guess I am hoping it makes it easier to dress myself in the future. 

This is pretty basic, although it does have all of the required elements (as per Stacy London & Clinton Kelly... circa 2013 before their show was cancelled)  Anyway... there's color, pattern, and shine. No texture. Hmmmmmm. The pants are cream with black horizontal stripes. Upon my feet are the aforementioned shoes. Then a black top with gold zipper detail and pop of color with the sweater. The jewelry adds shine. Taaaadaaaaaa!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 56m 58s
  • 3.56 miles
  • 16m /Mi

An estimate. Left the train station and walked to CVS to pick up my RX and a birthday card. Then walked the rest of the way home. My backpack weighs 13 lbs.

8:45 AM: In the office. Just me. There is not another soul here. Will probably scoot out of here on the 4:05, walk home, and then maybe head out over to the Outlet Mall to pick up a giftie for my friend Jill's birthday. I know what I want to get her, I just didn't buy it when I originally saw it... and now I'm wishing I would have. 

6:30 PM: That walk was hotter and heavier than I expected. Cracked open a beer and sat on the porch after taking a cold shower. How is it we go from January to August in the span of 2 weeks? 

Interesting. A random (older) man (Now I fully realize by most definitions that *I* am an "older" woman... however this man was older than me. A borderline OLD man.)  Anyway, he complimented me on my shoes this morning as I was riding the escalator. It's amazing how nice things are recognizable. Shoes and purses have a better design. Clothes have a better cut, and drape/fit and quality is obvious but understated. 

Also interesting is that this (older) man tripped up the escalator step and almost fell after mentioning my shoes. 

Meet the Aquatalia Shaw Peep Toe Bootie. Making men trip up escalator stairs since 2018. 

Bike
  • 1h 21m 09s
  • 20.13 miles
  • 14.88 Mi/hr

Easy ride on the CX bike.

We saw U2 again last night. This is my third time seeing U2 and I wouldn't even call myself that big of a fan... Chris is, though... so I went! 

The concert was pretty good! I guess if I'm a U2 fan at all, I'm more of an old school U2 fan. They played a decent set, though. There were some songs I didn't know, but most of them were familiar. Of course they played Sunday Bloody Sunday... In the name of Love... One ... but no MYSTERIOUS WAYS or ALL I WANT IS YOU or SWEETEST THING which are probably my 3 favorites.  

Here we are 3 years ago for the first part of this tour. (iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE)

Oh boy, my hair! 

And here's last night: 

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE. See what they did there? 

Man, U2 has been touring non stop since Godknowswhen

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

So. I never thought I'd say this, but.... I'm taking a break from Facebook. 

I generally roll my eyes when people talk about how they're taking a break, but the atmosphere there has been... UNFRIENDLY lately.  I have had to delete a couple of my own posts because of name calling and fighting between my "friends" ... Then yesterday when a college friend of mine posted a video of some baby bunnies in her yard, her step son responded with how he likes to kill little animals...and how he specializes in turtles. I asked him if he was kidding, and he doubled down and posted a photo of a turtle he bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat. (Psychopath much?) 

He became argumentative, ultimately calling me a "yuppie pussy". 

This is my friend's step son. I am pretty good friends with his step mom, and I became friends with his Dad when the two of them got together. We see each other outside of FB fairly frequently.  I don't , however, know this kid at all. 

Would you ever, in all your life, consider calling a friend (or even an acquaintance?) of your Dad's a yuppie pussy?  

It's not the name calling that upset me, though. Obviously it was the cruelty to animals. A turtle of all things. I mean, REALLY? It can't even defend itself. I reported the post. And now, I'm out. I was so upset yesterday I actually cried. 

So I've removed the app from my phone. I'm not sure why I think engaging in a digital world that is so upsetting and mean spirited is a good idea. I certainly don't need to cart it around with me everywhere I go on my phone. I can still access on my computer if I want to... and I think my Instagram still cross posts to FB. But I don't use Instagram much.

Regardless, I won't be checking anything or commenting on anything. Not for a good long while. As if the constant school shootings, the election and all of the divisive shit that has happened since then hasn't been enough... killing turtles for fun drove me over the edge. 

It all just seems so... wrong. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 1h 10m 30s
  • 16.36 miles
  • 13.92 Mi/hr

This was hard.

IT WAS ACTUALLY RAINING ON ZWIFT TOO!  

9:54 AM: More rain.

6:21 PM: Still raining. Trainer ride tonight. 

Whizzzzz's Training Log

May 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
Time
  • May's totals