Saint Charles,IL 
Run
  • 56m 10s
  • 5.01 miles
  • 11m 13s /Mi

Treadmill @ 1.5%

I was feeling pretty good... Knees didn't give me too much trouble right off the bat. This was my longest run since marathon training... so since the beginning of October.

Kept the incline at 1.5 for most of it. Reduced it to 1% for the ending part and for a little while in the beginning.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 800.00 yards
  • 03m 45s /100 yards

This was the SWIM MEET!!!

I swam the following events:
100 IM
25 fly
50 fly
100 free
50 free in the Medley Relay. (with a group of 7 year olds)
-------

The rest of the swimming is warmup.

Chris and I were in our own heat for the 100 free. He beat me by about :15. I swam a 1:20 which is a new PR.

Although looking at my results from last year... I allegedly swam a 1:11 100 free. I doubt that. I'll bet I was looking at the wrong finishing time last year...?

Not sure what the times were for any of the other events.

Was in a heat with an ex-collegiate swimmer dude from Ohio State for the 50 fly. He only beat me by about :10, according to Chris.

Hard anaerobic work. I didn't even realize I was out of breath til AFTER I'd already exited the water half the time!

Strength
  • 20m

CORE EXERCISES

2 x 20 balance plate "around the world"
2 x 20 hip lifts off stairs
2 x 20 gluteal kickbacks
4 x 15 fitness ball crunches
2 x :30 plank

5:20 PM: Must motivate myself to do core exercises. Truth be told... I'M FREAKING BEAT. Watching Forrest Gump and relaxing on the couch with the kitties... Will snack on an apple and see how it goes with the fitness ball...

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2900.00 yards
  • 02m 04s /100 yards

Took it easy. But my performance was a little on the lackluster side as well... Oh well. HUGE suit strap hickeys on BOTH shoulders and sides of my neck. OW. :(

300 warm up
200 kick
8 x 25 sprint/easy
10 x 100 (descend 1-3/4-5)
100 backstroke
5 x 200 (descend 1-3/4-5)
50 backstroke
100 easy
----------
2900... maybe I inadvertently swam the short set?

4:53AM: Up Up Up for Master's Swimmy.... Then, I've got the day off of work! Yay! Going to have breakfast with Chris, and then he's got a bunch of errands to run... I'm going to set up a TV and VCR in my basement for the trainer, and lay around the rest of the day and relax. DOUBLE Yay! This is what I've been waiting for! Tomorrow is the Memorial Swim Meet... and a 5 mile run and some core work. My instructions for Master's today are to "take it easy". Therefore, no racing of Katie and Pete and Chris. No long workout. Just me, schwimmin' the short set. Or maybe the medium set... Hmmmmm.

Swam the medium set. I couldn't help myself... but it wasn't very long. After swimming I:
  • Went to Dominick's with Chris and bought breakfast supplies
  • Hung around Chris' house while he cooked eggs and facon.
  • Ate said breakfast
  • Left his house (he has an ART appt.)
  • Got my oil changed
  • Bought a white board for my trainer workouts
  • Bought replacement ink cartridges for my printer
  • Narrowly avoided an accident on Route 14 (It's freaking SLIPPERY out there)
Now I am going to install the printer cartridges and print some photos out! Then I will set up the trainer and the white board in the basement (still no TV/VCR but hopefully this weekend!) At some point Chris and I will reconvene and perhaps see a movie... if we are not snowed into our respective houses. It's really coming down out there. WOW.

Check it out: This is the snowy view from my bedroom window...

Run
  • 34m 14s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 22s /Mi

Treadmill @ 1.5 & 2%

Wasn't really feeling it today. The first .2 miles are always quite painful on the joints until the old bod gets going. I start this out slowly... (5.1 & 1.5% grade) and work up to 5.6 & 2% grade.

Didn't stay at 5.6 for very long today.

Still, not bad in comparison to what I was running earlier this year. I feel pretty good, it just takes me a long time to warm up and loosen up.

Treadmill run tonight at the gym. 3 miles.  Done Done Done! Was going to try to run this morning, but it's cold and dreary and still very DARK outside. What happened to all our sunlight? Days are getting longer, right? 

(P.S. for all you smart alecks... I know the DAYS aren't getting longer....we're just supposed to be getting more daylight... there. Is that better? You guys are a bunch of specificists. If that's a thing.) Tongue out

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

RECOVERY DAY! REST DAY! I've somehow lost control in the Palace here so I will spend this evening vacuuming (the gift you give yourself!) and putting away the goodies I got. Kiss

But first, of course, I will go to work. Always with the working...

"A Letter to Elise" by The Cure is on the radio... Wow. Am having a flashback. I do love the Cure. I feel all High-schooly when I hear them.
Check THIS out: http://www.quizyourprofile.com/guessyournumber.swf  Why does it keep working? How does it work? Did it work for you? I'm both fascinated and disturbed...

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5
Run
  • 32m 35s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 52s /Mi

Ran outside. Much to my chagrin. Although I think it was good for me to get out there and show myself I wasn't going to slip all over the place. I'm just VERY afraid of falling down and hurting my stupid knee again.

So, this was out, into the wind, and back with the wind at my back. Very nice. I got the layers right... although I could have skipped the hat....

Strength
  • 12m

Core stuff: "A half hearted Christmas collection of core exercises"

2 x 20 around the world on balance plate
2 x 20 hip lifts off steps
3 x 45 seconds plank (OUCH!)
Started to do some fitness ball crunches and lost interest...

Merry Christmas, BT!

Over here in Whizzzzzz/Dumpsterland we have workouts to accomplish today before hitting my Aunt's house later this afternoon. I have a 3 mile run and core work (which I have been putting off for the last couple of days) and Chris has a 1+ hour run!

We opened Christmas gifties this morning, after a restless night's sleep, thanks to Molly-the-cat-from-HELL.

I got crystal wine glasses, 3 bottles of wine, some cleaning stuff for my bike, a spice rack with spices, a wine game (I envision a lot of drinking in my future) and a wine/food pairing cookbook! I also got a BAD CAT calendar. LOVE IT.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 1h 28m
  • 4625.00 yards
  • 01m 54s /100 yards

12 days of Christmas. Swim spawned from hell. How ironic. ;)

300 swim warm up
200 kick
1 x 25 dolphin kick
2 x 25 backstroke
3 x 25 sprint
4 x 25 ketchup drill
5 x 25 breathe every 3
6 x 25 10 kick off every wall
7 x 25 pull w/paddles
8 x 25 dps
9 x 25 choice

So for day #1, we do day #1... for day #5 we do day #5,4,3,2, and 1. And so on, and so on.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

I had to go to work, so we called it off after Day #9.

OK, it's MONDAY... and not only am I UP at 4:56AM on Christmas Eve, I'm getting ready to go schwimmin, then to work, then to collect Chris for a family gathering, then collect Taetum and then have Christmas Eve night here at the Palace. I don't suspect I'll get any down time today. Surprised And you know me, I'm all about the downtime!

9:21AM Holy Moly. That was a long swim. I still feel like I'm in the water... probably much like this little guy:

He seems to be dropping his little cat hips too much. Will need to work on better body positioning for him....

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 46m 32s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 11m 38s /Mi

Treadmill @ 1% & 1.5%

Meh. I wasn't feeling it today.

Legs felt like cement pillars, running skirt sucked. Thought I lost iPod, but found it on the floor of my car. That was the longest 4 miles of my life.

Note to self: Running skirt is good attire for 2 miles or less.

It's blowing like Antarctica out there. Unbelievable. Seriously. Yesterday it was almost 50 degrees. Today it's 15... and waaaaaaaaaaaaay less than that with the wind chill! Frozen tundra. Left my car outside overnight @ Chris' house and when I came out this morning, it was covered in ice CHUNKS. They were fused to the car somehow. (Well, they were FROZEN I'd imagine...). They were chunky. Like rocks. Just lost power too... it came right back on... but now I have to reset all the clocks...

Am making chicken chili for tonight. I have bread bowls from Panera and everything. My feeble attempt at cooking pales in comparison to his Steak Diane last night. WOW. That was good. That's a tough act to follow... so I figured I'd just aim low. Cheater chicken chili. It's good stuff... but it's REALLY REALLY easy. Tongue out

Ya want the recipe? Here it is:

Cheater Chicken Chili

1 24 oz jar of Dominick's (Safeway) Salsa... I use the Southwest kind because it has beans in it already.

2 cans of white beans. I forget what they are called. But they are beans. And they are white. And they come in a can.

1 lb chicken breasts.

1 cup shredded cheese. (I use the mixed cheese, like Mexican style)

Some chili powder, to taste.

Cut the chicken up in cubes. Boil it until it's cooked. It will be opaque, and will break apart with a fork. Place all ingredients (except for cheese) into crock pot. Cook for 3-4 hours on low or 8 hours on high. Whoops! You know that should be reversed, right? Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese when there's 1/2 hour left to go... Sprinkle the rest on top when serving.

See how easy!?

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Whizzzzz's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance