Saint Charles,IL 
Bike
  • 3h 01m 59s
  • 40.76 miles
  • 13.44 Mi/hr

Ummmmm, yeah. I should have stayed in bed.

Or something.

Guess I just didn't realize how hard I pushed it yesterday. Going back out for another 3 hour helping of hills was just insane.

I had nothing in the tank. No power, no energy... nothing. I think I needed to eat more (and probably drink less...) Saturday night. One thing is for sure, I'm not as tough as I think I am sometimes...

ELEVATION GAIN TODAY = 3,656.9 ft

I was the lanterne rouge. Joining the ranks of other not-so-famous cabooses... Kiss

Bike
  • 4h 30m 05s
  • 63.15 miles
  • 14.03 Mi/hr

The hills are ALIVE in Baraboo, with the sounds of the SCTC moaning as they climb! Holy Mother of God!

Wow. Rode 3 hours of hills (and these aren't BV hills, they are longer...) and then decided to go with Chris for his last 1.5 hours. That really cooked me.

But, I figured, I'm here to ride, right?

ELEVATION GAIN TODAY = 5,867.8 ft

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 3718.29 yards
  • 02m 01s /100 yards

Meters @ LTF

Jana's still out of town.

300 @ 4th non-free
500, 5x100 ( on hard pace interval, ~5s rest )
400, 4x100 (same sendoff)
300, 3x100 (same sendoff)
200, 2x100 (same sendoff)
100, 1x100
100 Stroke
----------

I want my Mommy. I forgot to eat breakfast. I don't know how I FORGOT to shove food in my face, as that's one activity at which I usually excel. I woke up, started packing my stuff up, and before I knew it I was in the car driving to the pool.

And my stomach started grumbling...

So, yes, I did that whole swim on a cup of coffee with cream and sugar...and half a bottle of Heed. Do not try this at home.

I gave myself 2:00 on the intervals. I swam them hard, coming in no slower than 1:45 for each of them, but then allowing myself :15 rest, not :05. I didn't think I'd make it thru as it was. I came in around 1:39-1:40 for about half of them... so that gave me :20 rest sometimes. :)

Definitely blargled by the end of this, though. Stopped at McDonalds and jammed an Egg McMuffin down my throat. Dirt. Engine. I know.

I'm quite tired. Not sure why.

On the schedule for today: Swim. Finish packing crap. Meet Kelly @ Chris' house and drive to Baraboo. It looks like rain. I hope it's not RAINING all day today!!

I need coffee.

Run
  • 31m 53s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 38s /Mi

Z1 & 2 run. RPE. No HRM.

Decided not to worry about zones and just see how I did when I set out to run @ a "moderate" pace. Not too bad.

Had to cut it a wee bit short because I got out of work a little late and I needed to pick up Taetum before 6:45. I made it. But it was like 6:42 when I got to the vet. (!!!)

Strength
  • 20m

Misc. Corework.
Plank, standing and laying hip lifts, Fitness ball situps... etc etc...

Shorty run tonight. 35 min Z1-2 by RPE. And core exercises. Then get all my crap together for Baraboo.

I must preface this by saying "I'm PMS-ing"... But when I heard this song on the radio yesterday on my ride into work... I started crying. With the top down for all to see. A 30-something woman in a red convertible weeping on the way to work. *SIGH* What's even worse... I'm blaming it on my period! The cliche is complete. The song is "Incomplete". Isn't that ironic? (Also an Alanis Morrisette song...Wow, that's creepy)

Alanis Morrisette -- Incomplete

One day I'll find relief
I'll be arrived and I'll be a friend to my friends who know how to be friends

One day I'll be at peace
I’ll be enlightened and I'll be married with children and maybe adopt

One day I will be healed
I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy

I have been running so sweaty my whole life
Urgent for a finish line
And I have been missing the rapture this whole time
Of being forever incomplete

One day, my mind will retreat, and I'll know god and I'll be constantly one with her night dusk and day
One day I'll be secure, like the women I see on their 30th anniversaries

Urgent for a finish line

Ever unfolding
Ever expanding
Ever adventurous and torturous
But never done

One day, I will speak freely
I'll be less afraid
And measured outside of my poems and lyrics and art
One day I will be faith-filled
I'll be trusting and spacious authentic and grounded and whole

Urgent for a finish line

Meet Molly. My strange cat. She eats vegetables. She does not want to haz a cheezburger. She'd rather have a salad. Dressing on the side. kthnxbai.

Bike
  • 1h 34m 03s
  • 26.75 miles
  • 17.07 Mi/hr

Z1 & Z2 ride. No HRM, went by RPE.

Went out by Union again, was going to go out and back, but decided to see where "Sunnyside" street went...

Made a little loopage and then came back.

Nice ride. Wind. But not too bad, and I couldn't pin point from which direction. Seemed like I felt it everywhere a bit.

Slept like a rock last night. 8 full hours. Comatose. It was wonderful.

Happy Wednesday! It's a new day, sun is rising. A little chilly, but I can't argue with that fireball.

1:25 Z1-2 ride on the sked today. Am working through lunch and leaving a bit early so I can ride while it's still afternoonish.

11:37 AM: Am having trouble getting my photo flipper pictures delivered from my phone to my work email address... Oh Gno!
2:54 PM: Photo flipper photos are not arriving in my work email! I have no idea why. I am sending them just like usual. Nothing happens. Computers. Arbitrary electronic devices. I sent it home, instead. We'll see if it shows up there. I think we have lots of filters here at work. We have filters to filter what the filters have already filtered.

Here it is: Arrived at home just fine!

The date was 8/11/2000. The Phi Mu reunion. You can see I'm squatting. After 5 years of triathlon training and running, arthritis and knee surgery, and generalized joint abuse, I am no longer able to squat like that. I hope I appreciated my time in that position. I also hope to see it again someday. Jury is out on that. Surprised

Grand Theft Audio -- As Good as it Gets

8am with a coffee kick start
Step outside to my broken down car
I know Ive forgotten my pack of cigarettes
The whole days like a slow train coming
Sometimes I find myself running
Tell me man is this as good as the whole worlds gonna get?

I get the feeling its a new day, sun is rising
I get the feeling everything is gonna change

Search the road for some friendly faces
My legs lead me to some strung out places
My mind burns with the words that I forget
I don't seem to be able to lose me
I warm the streets that shake and bruise me
I get the feeling this was sent to test me
Can I please get someone to bless me
I still forgot those damn cigarettes
Cos I travel in my own illusion
Cut a path through all the confusion

I get the feeling its a new day, sun is rising
I get the feeling everything is gonna change

I fall asleep with the tv too loud
Spending time staying in with the out crowd
Dreams come and leave me in cold sweats
Tomorrow feels like a new day coming
I cant see it being all for nothing
And I know its as good as the whole worlds gonna get.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 1h 08m
  • 3390.20 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

250 warm up
IM SET
2 x 150 75IM/75Fr + 150 Free
3 x 100 IM,FR,IM
4 x 75 FR, IM, FR
2 x 25 easy/back
BAND SET
2 x 150 BAND/FREE
3 x 100 BAND/FREE/BAND
4 x 75 BAND/FREE/FREE/BAND
2 x 25 easy/back
PULL SET
150 PULL (no paddles)
3 x 100 PULL w/paddles & bands (all implements on deck!)
4 x 75 PULL no paddles
4 x 25 easy/back
100 cool down
------------
3100 M. I did an extra easy 50 on the back end because I only did 150 pull.

Here's the highlight of this swim... the elderly man in the lane next to me asked me first, if I was a man, and when I said I was not, he told me he thought a man could wear my swim cap and it would still look appropriate. I agreed and gave him the Kiefer website.

I have no idea what that was all about.

Run
  • 45m 01s
  • 4.05 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

10' Z1
25' Z2
10' Z1
-------
45' by RPE

My RPE is always off, so I'm willing to bet this was out of Z2 and into Z3ish. The whole time.

10' Z1 10:56/mile
25' Z2 10:54/mile
10' Z1 11:54/mile

I started to feel freakishly good about 20 minutes into the Z2 stuff, and I could feel my stride lengthening.

Got rained on 2x, but saw an awesome rainbow and a family of foxes. Watched a Mama fox deliver a chipmunk to her babies. Dinner, presumably.

4:57 AM: Up early (even earlier than usual on Tuesday) for a morning swimdate with dumpster @ his pool. Jana is out of town, so it doesn't make it worthwhile to go to Masters. We will do a Gordo Justin Daerr swim in some configuration in Meters. I'm barely awake.

Then tonight I have 45' run in Z1-2. Nice and easy and I'm looking forward to it, actually. Just to see how I do when there are no intervals or time requirements. Will not wear my HRM. I'm such a rebel. Kiss

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Dr. Fager stretched the hell out of me. Unbelievable.

He also worked on my upper back and neck a bit... and both knees.

I am dead-dog-ass-tired.
Today is a Recovery Day!

Hooray!

ART after work. Knee is a little sore. Can definitely tell I'm using my joints. My joints are notsomuch for the use. Wink Although I have to say... training keeps them moving. I've noticed I'm even more stiff and sore if I take a bunch of time off.

Am going to have Dr. Fager work on my neck too... it's all kinked up from riding this weekend...

Determined I had a funeral hangover. I think it's gone now. Hard weekend of training + cleaning + some good socialization last night (in a semi-coma state) with Mr. Kreuser and the SCTC have done their job to clear my head.

Special thanks to my dumpster for listening to me blather and tolerating my "moods" smack in the middle of one of his biggest IM weeks to date. I appreciate it. I do. I do. I do.

IN THE PHOTO FLIPPER TODAY: A classic. Just days before graduation. 5/1/1992. Whitney, me and Amy @ our Phi Mu/Pike exchange. Drinking. Of course. Mamma always told me to share. And that's just what I'm doing.

Couple of interesting things you might want to know about this photo:

1) The shorts I am wearing came from a dumpster. (Not OUR (coredump) dumpster, but a GARBAGE dumpster, in Champaign) I pulled them out, bleached them, cut them off, and called them my "vintage shorts". They were a hit.

2) I still have that rasta-belt. And I still wear it.

3) I'm wearing Whitney's shirt.

4) Amy had a coordinating scrunchie hair thingy to go with every single outfit she owned. NOT KIDDING. I'm surprised she chose WHITE when she probably had a blue and white striped one at her disposal.

Now I'm sure you can all carry on with your day.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.25

Whizzzzz's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time