3) 7:07/139
4) 6:35/142
5 x(.25 @ 9:14 + 2' recovery)
1) 8:40/155 (first one always too fast)
2) 9:20/153 Tried to slow it down a bit
3) 9:10/153 Closer
4) 9:01/154 Too fast again
5) 8:40/156 Also too fast.
I've never had a problem with going too fast before. This is weird. I don't think I could hold those paces for much longer. I don't know, though, I've been surprising myself.
4:43' Z1
---------
42:52

Ran at the forest preserve near work. Figured I could squeeze this in and maybe only get rained on for the last little bit... WRONG!!! It started to sprinkle during the strides, and by the time I started my first interval it was downright POURING. I was saturated from stem to stern. I felt quite... elemental. Or something. It was wet and squishy and rainy and there were worms and birds and mud and puddles and the smells of spring and blooming trees.

Quite a sensory experience! And that doesn't even include the exquisite feeling of mushy wet socks.

Strength
  • 25m

Corework

4 x 30 fitness ball situps
2 x 20 hip lifts off edge of step
2 x 15 "marching" exercises on FB from ART
2 x 10 band exercises for knee from ART
3 x 20 straight leg situps against wall w/6lbs of weight.

All while watching WHEN HARRY MET SALLY. I love that movie. I love the Sally Albright character. I am a bit creeped out that I have unwittingly taken parts of her dialog (over the years) and embedded them into my life. I *quote* that movie unknowingly. Several times already in the first 39 minutes. Heh. I love it.

Wednesday evening intervals! Hooooooray! If it is raining, I'll do them on the treadmill. Boooo. If it is not, I will do them at the forest preserve near work. We shall see. I will need to pack clothes for both possibilities. I hate packing and dragging all my stuff with me where-ever I go, but unless I want to do these intervals nude or in my work attire, it's a necessary evil. Surprised

(I just had a vision of myself running naked on a treadmill...EEEEEEEEEK!!! Yeow! Then I had a vision of dumpster running naked on a treadmill... that's better, but still a bit... floppy. Hmmmmm....Then I had a vision of... eh, you don't want to know)

Happy RIOW!

Nothing exciting in the photo flipper today. A picture of me and 2 friends from 2005. We all look pretty normal. What fun is that? Tongue out
11:28 AM: OK, after this, I will stop giving you incessant boring hourly updates on the minutiae that is my life. BUT, allow me to say this... walking down the hall in the office, got stopped by a guy in our maintenance department... he does the work for all of our offices, including the office I spoke at last Thursday. He said he missed my talk, but he has heard nothing but awesome reviews and people are STILL buzzing about it! *MY* part! And he was just there yesterday. TUESDAY. Wow. That's cool.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 58m
  • 2900.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

300 warm up
4 x 75 slow/med/fast
200 side kick
5 x 100 odds sprint, evens recover
20 minute continuous swim @ race pace...(1200)
100 easy
4 x 50 sprint kick
100 easy
---------
2900 (??) Thought this would be longer?

This took less than an hour. Did the medium set so I would have a little something left in the tank to run.

Run
  • 36m
  • 3.02 miles
  • 11m 55s /Mi

Treadmill

10' Z1
10' @ 10:42 pace (on the treadmill, couldn't get 10:45)
4 x :30 stride + 1' recover
10' Z1
--------
36'

Not so bad. HR info is in the car, buried in my bag, buried in the trunk. Will post it tonight.

9:49 AM: Yay! Swim and run are in the bag! Slept like a rock last night. It was awesome... until 1:18 AM when someone rang my door bell. I have no idea who, as I didn't get up and answer. I didn't hear anyone outside, and my bedroom window is pretty close to my door. If anyone would have driven up, I would have heard them. So I was a little freaked out, but a bit too tired to care. I was having a dream about a blue Cannondale bike.... and I went right back to sleep. Figured the cats would protect me.... isn't that why they have claws? Guard cats?

All I could think about was opening the door, and having some masked man push me inside and strangling me with electrical wire. And then at the crime scene they'd say.... "There was no forced entry...." And then I went right back to sleep. See? Too tired to care. Surprised

IN THE PHOTO FLIPPER:

The date was 4/11/1999. The place: Dolphin Research Center in Grassy Key Florida.
I was so sunburned in this photo I could barely walk. Wore expired sunscreen and actually had to go to the Emergency Room because my legs swelled up and my whole body blistered. It was horrible. But I wasn't going to miss out on my chance to swim with the dolphins. So I put a WETSUIT on over my sunburned mess of a body and swam. My dolphin's name was Santini. That was the absolute highlight of the trip. We drove to Key West. Me and my ex-husband... (before we were married). Those of you who know stories can imagine how that went. I often called that trip my vacation to KEY WORST. Tongue out
9:43 PM: Doing the closet switchover... hello summertime fashions! I just found $13.00 in the pocket of a pair of pants I haven't worn since last September! Hooray! How 'bout that?

10:40 PM: I still have not unpacked my gym bag from this morning. Can I get a collective EEEEEWWW? No HR data until sometime tomorrow. That's more for my coach than for anyone else. No one else cares about my HR... do you? (Please. Tell me you don't.)

Sport
  • Massage
  • 30m

Rest Day!

I was a little worried I wouldn't get my customary MONDAY OFF since I just had a rest day on Thursday... but that was part of a recovery week... so I guess it didn't count. Or something. Either way, I'm GLAD I've got nothing on the docket today, except ART for the old knee and a complimentary 1/2 hour massage! Yay! Will vacuum and do the other miscellaneous house hold chores tonight, too... Smile

9:36 AM: My fish, Oliver, is not doing so well. He's pretty old and he stopped eating last week. I've had the old boy for over a year. Almost 2 years, I'd bet. I don't expect him to make it thru the day. I actually didn't expect him to make it through the weekend. Poor baby.

In the photo flipper today...

That's me and my college room mate Whitney on a visit to Houston in 1999. June 17, 1999 to be exact. I was exceptionally sunburned.
12:27 PM: I'm going to register for the Spirit of Racine HIM Aquabike. Because I don't want the pressure of running. I want to hammer w/o consequence. ON YOUR LEFT!!!!!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 2h 08m
  • 27.49 miles
  • 12.13 Mi/hr

Bull Valley Route with STT and MissKelly. Pretty much took it easy between hills. And there were lots of them. Rode a loop from www.mapmyride.com. I am pretty familiar with the area, but I've never ridden it by myself. It was good to have a map and some sort of direction and purpose.

Going to ride this for 3 hours next weekend. :)

Climbing = 2,795.9 feet.

I'm going to feel that tomorrow. Actually, I feel it right now.

Run
  • 12m 14s
  • 1.20 miles
  • 10m 11s /Mi

T run. After a medium-long transition. I had to go to the bathroom, change my shoes, take off my top, etc etc. I have to say, my legs felt like two cement pillars. Wow. I remember. These T-runs suck.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 25m

One mile with Chris and Taetum tonight and another .25 after my brick.

Meeting MissKelly and StartingToTri @ my house for a little hilly action in Bull Valley. We are going to try the 16 mile loop, as I'm fairly confident it hits all the hills. I have a brick, and I'm sure this ride will go long, so I'm interested to see how that t-run is going to go... (!!!!) EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

I just sent Chris out the door to get started on his 6:45 for today. Bringing a bag of extra supplies to my house in case he needs them. Laughing

Had a very leisurely lunch with Kelly and Laura. Like almost 2 hours worth of leisure! Then went to Super Wal-Mart and bought supplies for tonight's dinner surprise for dumpster. (Wine & Mustard pork chops and green beans and a potato). We dined alfresco on my severely weathered table watching the birds decide whether or not to approach the bird feeder with us so close by. Then hung around the living room and lounged on the comfy couch and chairs and talked for awhile before going upstairs to watch an episode of COPS! Chris ate 2 ice cream Dove bars. I ate one. And I'm not convinced I deserved it, given my workouts this week... Ah well, a biggish week next week will certainly make up for it. Smile Happy Sunday night, everyone. Back to the grind tomorrow. And a REST DAY too! YaaaaaHooooey! I have ART and a massage in store.

I'm a big fan of the interpretive dance. Just sos you know.

Run
  • 45m 24s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 11m 21s /Mi

All by RPE
10' Z1 (11:06)
2 x 30' stride + 1' recover
1) 7:55
2) 7:20
Man, my legs were stiff and slow to get going.
20' Z2 (11:00)
10' Z1 (11:27)
---------
43'
But I wanted to go an even 4 miles.

It was cold out there. I had a hard time warming up. I felt bone chilled. :(

Strength
  • 20m

Core Exercises
2 x 10 Statue of Liberty w/ 3lb wt
2 x 15 LA/RA opposite touching w/ 3lb wt
2 x 15 hip lifts of edge of step
3 x 15 Around the World on balance plate
4 x 25 fitness ball crunches

Running today. This is a recovery week, so this run is Z1 and Z2ish. After running (or maybe before!) I would like to accomplish the following tasks:

• Get watch batteries replaced. (I've got a very nice watch that is sitting in my jewelry box. I've been wearing my Nike swimming watch for everything. Not very glamorous. And I'm all about the glamour) DONE! That has been pending since SEPTEMBER!
  • Get oil changed and car washed. (Am 3,000 overdue)
  • Pick up dry cleaning. (It took me from October 2007 til last week to drop it off, and it will probably take me til October 2008 to pick it up)  Look at that. 5 months ahead of schedule. Ha!
  • Do the closet switchover. Good bye winter clothes!
  • Although I didn't switch over the closet, I did clean the bathroom shower drain.
  • Drove around Bull Valley talking to Kelly (who had a map) trying to figure out our route for tomorrow.

Swim
  • 1h 08m
  • 3608.92 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

600 warm up (Every 4th stroke)
8 x 50 (fly/back, back/breast, breast/free, free/fly)
4 x 100
1) 1:40
2) 1:39
3) 1:41
4) 1:40
2 x 200 (didn't time these)
3 x 400 (descend)
1) 7:19
2) didn't press button
3) 7:14
8 x 25 (fast/easy, easy/fast, easy, fast)
100 cool down
-----------

Swimmyswimmyswimmyswimmyswimmy. (early!) Later. 4:55 AM txt message from dumpster... he slept like crap... so we're going to have a swim date tonight instead of Masters-in-the-morning. I took off my swimsuit, put down my bag, and went back to bed!
Boo. Just found out one of my ((non BT)) friends that was training for CdA fell off her bike and broke her collar bone. She's out. Bummer. I think she's still gonna come out to Idaho to help us jockstrap, though. Her husband is still doing the race, as well as one of their other friends.

IN THE PHOTO FLIPPER: (this photo was already in my albums, so the quality is better...)

This is me and my friend Pete, November of 2005. We rode our mountain bikes with a group of pals. Got mud in my eyes, mouth, ears, under my helmet. Everywhere.
4:35 PM: I just ate a Ding Dong. Dirt in the engine. Couldn't help myself. *Sigh* (It was really Ding Dong good... I must say...) Laughing

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.5
Strength
  • 20m

Corework

Meant to do these last night after my run. Got distracted patting myself on the back, and then went to bed!

Fitness ball situps
Straight leg crunches w/weight (wall)
R/L crunches with weight
Hip lifts off edge of steps
Side leg lifts.

REST DAY #2.
Rejuvenate! Recharge!

What a wonderful way to start MAY! Kiss

It appears as though the Photo Flipper has picked up a following... so I will continue with the grainy reproduction of the daily photo that appears on my desk @ work. Today we have....
HAPPY 18th birthday to me! This was the summer before I left for college. My friends made me a cake and we had a teeny tiny party. August of 1988.

3:32 PM: I just got back from giving my triathlon presentation. WOW. I had no idea (no one told me) this was going to be such a big deal. My Company has partnered with Dr. Ian from Celebrity Fit Club to promote weightloss and healthy lifestyle changes in the African American Community and beyond. My little portion of the event going on today was videotaped and photographed. To be preserved for posterity. I'm not sure where it will resurface, but Jeez am I glad I wore some lipstick and a cute dress. There were 2 other employees there speaking... one on weight training, and another other on healthy eating. It was an awesome experience and I bumped into a couple of influential & high level people within the Company.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Whizzzzz's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time