Saint Charles,IL 
Bike #1
  • 1h 26m 59s
  • 26.18 miles
  • 18.06 Mi/hr

A very nice bike ride. Felt fast. A little windy but not too bad... was able to keep it in Z2 for most of this ride... til the very end, when this guy in a Kona jersey passed me like I was standing still. (I was going 18.5 @ the time) I, of course, couldn't let that stand, so I busted up to him, and stayed on him til I turned off...I was close to him, but not close enough to draft. I wanted to race him, not creep him out. We were going 22-24 mph. Loved it.

I didn't know the guy, which is unusual, since he's a triathlete tooling around my 'hood. I think I shocked the heck out of him, though. Heh.

I realize that wasn't on the plan, but I like to do those things to remind myself I *can*. I don't think it had too much of a negative impact on my run afterwards.

------------

The "LAP" info is all messed up, as I think it kept going while I was doing my "transition" or something. There's 10 extra minutes in there.

Run #1
  • 59m 30s
  • 5.05 miles
  • 11m 47s /Mi

Not so bad. Stiff to get started, but felt pretty good, considering my little hammer fest.

Bike #2
  • 57m 46s
  • 16.26 miles
  • 16.89 Mi/hr

This is where it started to get windy and hot. Hot. Windy. Windy. Hot.

Run #2
  • 29m 54s
  • 2.44 miles
  • 12m 15s /Mi

HALP! I'm melting. My legs are stiff and sore and I'm choking on my own sweat. I'm 6 inches from the surface of the sun!

HALP!

8:45 AM: Home! I have a righteous 4 hour bricky today. Bike/Run/Bike/Run. Am scared. Spent the night at Chris' house watching OLD SCHOOL and sharing 1 too many bottles of wine. So, not only am I a wee bit scared, I'm also a wee bit hung over. Now, don't you worry, OLD SCHOOL was over in time for us to see Sylvain Chavanel win the TdF stage after a long ass break away. Yes. We're geeks.

Now, the plan is to get myself re-hydrated here, get my crap together, and get on my bike.

If you need me, I'll be biking and/or running someplace in a 16ish mile radius to my home in CL. Just sos you know.  Surprised

Swim
  • 1h 05m
  • 3300.00 yards
  • 01m 58s /100 yards

200 swim
100 breast
400 swim (sprint every 4th) :20
4 x 200 @ 3:00 & descend
(This didn't work out so well, did the first one at 3:00 and the last 3 @ 3:04-05)
2 x 400 (6:10 & 6:12ish) :20
200 cool down
-------------

With our new swim coach George. He's gonna kick our asses. Took Katie out of Pete's lane and put me in, in an effort to make us both faster. We'll see how that goes.

Small group today. Swam outside, though, so that was nice. :)

5:09 AM:
Up early for Masters. Wow. I'm tired. Had dreams all night about Steelhead. Not good ones. Like disorganized, Icantfindthefinishline dreams.

Also had dreams about my HS reunion. It was taking place in a library where we could take books without checking them out... but it was an "honesty" test. Like you were NOT SUPPOSED to take the books without checking them out, but you COULD. I started to take a yoga book and something else, and I wasn't going to check them out. But at the last minute I just left them behind. I didn't want the pressure of having to return them on time, and I'd have to return them on time if I checked them out the "honest" way. So I just left them. WTF could that mean?

Dreaming so much is draining. I got some crappy sleep last night. Cats running all over the place too, playing with shoelaces at 3:18 AM. Don't they need to sleep!?

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.75
Run
  • 1h 06m 30s
  • 5.69 miles
  • 11m 41s /Mi

Run run run run run. A decent run for me.

Got up voluntarily early today... (6:20ish) so I could put my laundry away. I've had this basket of clean, folded, laundry sitting in the TV room for several weeks. MUST. PUT. AWAY. Have no idea why this has turned into such a chore for me. And it took the better part of 45 minutes to file it all away into my closet and drawers. *SIGH* I may have too many clothes. Surprised
In the photo flipper today: A blast from the past. January 1987. I love how the snow is falling in those great big giant flakes in this photo. My haircut was a real hack job. Bangs were too short and curling up my forehead. EEEEEK. On the left is my friend Michelle. On the right, of course, is Rachael. In front is Tammy. I have no idea what happened to Tammy. Rachael and Michelle and I still keep in touch regularly.

4:28 PM : "Oh Sherry!" Is on the radio... Sing it with me...

• Health data: Hours slept: 8.25
Bike
  • 1h 29m 09s
  • 26.73 miles
  • 17.99 Mi/hr

Felt fast today. :)

Probably would have averaged over 18, but I slowed down in one spot to send dumpster a text message. Hmmmpf. ;)

Strength
  • 15m

Corework

3 x 30 situps on fb
3 x 15 hip lifts off edge of step
3 x :30 planks
2 x 15 gluteal kickbacks

7:14 AM: Goooooooood Morning! I can tell you I'm feeling much more rested. My house is a little more in order, and I had a chance last night, after my run, to finally clean out the interior of my car. Hooooray!

In the photo flipper yesterday, actually:

That's my Mom and Dad @ their wedding. My Mom was 27 and my Dad was 28. It was my Mom's second marriage, as her first husband died of a heart attack... when she was just 24! Imagine. My Dad was from Luxembourg. I'd love to see how how thrilled he'd be to know that Franck Schleck was in the yellow jersey for even a moment of this TdF.  

Today's photo flipper photo is nothing exciting. So I saved yesterday for today.

On the workout docket... I have a 1:30 bike ride. Mostly in Z3. We'll see how the legs feel. I also have some core work that I'm going to do this morning...

9:50 PM: I'm excited! I just ordered a new wetsuit. Xterra was having a sale. I got the Vortex 2 long john for 50% off. Even if it sucks rocks it's got to be better than what I've been using... and it was a bargain, to boot! Durable and flexible according to the website... sounds just like what I need. I've been putting this off for years. Am glad I did it. Now, let's hope it fits.

I can't wait to pee in it!

Run
  • 24m 30s
  • 2.05 miles
  • 11m 57s /Mi

Leisurely. :) A happy run.

(Yes, I know I just said that.)

Unusual, I know. But I did just say that.

Oh my. I just slept for 9 hours. Glory be. Got clearance from the tower to NIX my OWS this morning in favor of sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I needed it. Am almost caught up from this wacky weekend. Am happy to report THIS weekend is a rather leisurely one... with a 4 hour brick on Saturday and a REST day on Sunday. Whatever will I do with myself with a FULL SUNDAY rest day? I'll probably sleep til noon. Laughing

Then I get a weekish taper to Steelhead. I've found I do better with a shorter taper.

More Spirit of Racine photos available... click the photo!

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Tromping around Chicago from the train station and back. In the rain. You should see my hair. The term "FRIZZBALL" comes to mind.

6:07 AM: Been up for about 20 minutes and I need a nap. Surprised

2:14 PM: Am home! What a waste of time! I dragged my ass all the way to the Daley Center only to be told the defendant didn't show up, and we were going to take a Non-Suit. AAARRRGGGHHHHH. To add insult to injury, I misread the train schedule and could have slept an extra hour or so this morning... I did get to walk around the city in the rain, though, so, you know that was a bonus. Tongue out Now I have to figure out how to hook up the Company computer to my home cable connection... and work for a moment or two. I placed 13/28 yesterday. A little better than upper 50%. My transition was 4:49. Jeez. Race Report to come. Eventually.
For your reading pleasure. Here is a teeny tiny RACE REPORT 

8:46 PM: Watching Intervention and CLEANING my house. There's stuff strewn everywhere. I can't handle it. 

Bike
  • 2h 42m 20s
  • 56.00 miles
  • 20.70 Mi/hr

About 3 minutes better than last year.

Swim
  • 30m 43s
  • 2111.99 yards
  • 01m 27s /100 yards

Hammered. It. Total time for a 1.2 mile swim (shortish, though) and a 56 mile bike ride = 3:17 & some change. No data from me or my bike. Pending official results. Had a wonky transition. Put my flip flops on instead of my bike shoes... (WTF?)

More later, as right now I'm exceptionally tired. And there's no relief in sight. Working from home tomorrow, but not before a 9:30 AM court appearance downtown. Which means a 7 AM train ride. Which means getting up EARLY again. Boo.

Whizzzzz's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
Time
  • August's totals