Saint Charles,IL 

7:20 AM: Up early to fold some laundry... and get ready for work. Work all day, then meet my HS girlfriends @ Champps in Lombard for some dinner and a birthday celebration for myself and Rachael. Kiss

I have a REST DAY today! Yay! 

The remainder of the week looks like this:

• Wednesday --  Another short swim
  • Thursday     --  1:15 bike
  • Friday          --  :30 easy run
  • Saturday     --  REST DAY!!!
  • Sunday        -- 1:20 run.

That's the calm before the marathon storm. I'm considering doing Pleasant Prairie as a sprint next weekend. Just for fun. I'd like to have carefree race that goes according to "plan" at least once before this season is over. And it doesn't take much to planning to do a sprint, so I'm thinking that's going to be the ticket.

***PLUS***

If Pleasant Prairie gets turned into a duathlon, the worst case scenario is a 3 mile run/12 mile bike/3 mile run. I can do that. Now I have a whole new angle to consider.... my races morphing into duathlons.

Swim
  • 23m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m 18s /100 yards

100 swim
150 swim
150 kick
150 pull
150 drill
100 IM
100 IM
100 cool down
---------

The most basic and rudimentary swim ever swum.

FWIW, my Steelhead swim cap finally got in the water today. Heh.

The muscle aches started yesterday. Hamstrings, and arms mostly, shoulders. Funny, cuz we didn't swim at all... I think it might be from being tense while running. Knee stiffness is getting better. ART today at lunchtime. Wooo Hoooo! Going to ask about getting some custom orthotics, they might help with my homegrown BUNION. (heh, thanks, Jazz!) We'll see what Dr. Fager says.

Am also going to start wearing my Brooks Adrenaline 7s for my long runs. The Sauconys, while I really do like them, are not good for more than 7-8-9 ish miles. That will not do for the marathon. I've always had good luck with the Adrenalines, but after they changed from model 5 to 6 they were not as comfortable. I tried on the 7s at the marathon expo last year and bought them, because they seemed OK,  but I have not run in them yet. We'll see how they do. I have tried every make and model of running shoe in an effort to replace those Adrenalines... and nothing has come close. There are alot of crappy running shoes out there, believe me.

Short self directed drilly swimmy today. 30 minutes. Was going to do it this morning, but it's storming. (Hey, that kinda rhymes!)

Tomorrow another rest day and dinner out with my HS girlfriends! Yay! Laughing

Photos from this weekend are available HERE .

Or click the photo below:

Click on me and trixie for rkreuser's album.

Bike
  • 2h 46m 21s
  • 54.00 miles
  • 19.48 Mi/hr

Consciously held back. Could have gone harder. Was being very conservative. Any time my HR felt high, I backed way off.

Concentrated on getting all my nutrition in, and making sure my damned visor didn't get in the way of my handlebars. Yep, I started the bike with my running visor on under my helmet. Took it off around mile 2 of the bike, and held it around my handlebars for the remaining 50+ miles.

I can't wait to see the photos.

Run #1
  • 2h 59m 42s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 13m 43s /Mi

Run walked great til mile 8.

Then started to falter.

Then decided I didn't care and walked miles 12 and 13.

Trixie was a laugh and a half. :)

"Sir? Why are you pulling down that sign?"

Run #2
  • 22m 01s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 11m 01s /Mi

First Godforsaken run. Should have been a swim!

Uhm, yeah. Run. Bike (shortened slightly) Run.

Not my idea of a geat time, actually. Take the event I'm best at, and remove it. Now, shorten the event I'm second best at, and add an extra two miles to the event I hate the most. I did not sign up for that. No way. 

But I did it. First run = not too bad. Bike = windy, but OK, held back so I could still run afterwards. Run = Meh. I was OK til around mile 8. (That's progress) Thanks to Trixie for running with me. I only cried twice and hyperventilated once. (All after mile 8) I don't know why I do that.  *sigh* Race report will follow. We've got a boat load of photos from the house, too. Kiss

Congratulations to Jazzy and Birkie on their Clearwater spots. Damn runner-types. Wink

• RACE DAY: Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon
7:19 AM: Up, going to finish the last packing, and get on the road around 9. Don't want to go much earlier than that because I'll just wind up sitting around in traffic. There's really no good way to get from the NW suburbs of Chicago to Michigan... I'm going to have to go around the lake and through Indiana, on higways that are riddled with construction. Hooooray! See all you Steelheads soon! Laughing

7:21 AM: Got up early today in order to pack up for Steelhead. Had my nervous freak out yesterday, so I'm feeling much better today. Just had to get it out of the system, I think. There really isn't that much stuff to bring with me... just need to remember my cycling shoes and my running shoes!!! And my bike. Must remember to bring my bike. Surprised

In other news: Chris is bringing Taetum to the University of Wisconsin's Vet Med school in order to see if they have any sort of treatment to help control or eliminate her seizures. Keep your fingers crossed.

AND.....

In the photo flipper today:

Homecoming Westmont High School, Fall 1988. These are my high school pals. The boys in our "group" and, of course, the core girls. There's me, Suzi, Rachael, Michelle and Robin... all right there jammed together in this pile. Can you find me?

This is timely because we are working on our 20 year reunion...

I was supposed to swim, but I didn't. Got all wound up with stuff at work and didn't end up getting out of there til 7. Got home almost at 8. Chris was at my house making dinner, and I was a stress case. Had dinner, went to bed. No swimmy. Bah.
Bike
  • 52m 20s
  • 15.04 miles
  • 17.24 Mi/hr

This was supposed to be intervally, and for once I actually did it. Tough sometimes with traffic and intersections and stuff, and I forgot to hit the LAP button for the first 10' interval. So the first set of numbers includes warm up + 10' Z3.

1) 25:01 AHR 126/ASPD 16.4
2) 2:00 AHR 124/ASPD 14.1
3) 10:00 AHR 133/ASPD 19.2
4) 2:00 AHR 125/ASPD 15.8
5) 10:00 AHR 127/ASPD 19.4
6) 3:05 AHR 113/ASPD 13.6
---------
Now! Run!

Run
  • 21m 35s
  • 1.73 miles
  • 12m 29s /Mi

1) 10:11 AHR 131
2) 16:23 AHR 129
3) 09:54 AHR 145
4) 19:12 AHR 131
5) 09:52 AHR 145
6) 19:27 AHR 134
7) 10:18 AHR 147
8) 18:03 AHR 140
9) 10:03 AHR 147
10) 19:51 AHR 140
11) WALKING 18:36ish

This average includes the last walking... for 5+ minutes until I got back home. So I'm not really THAT slow.
------------
Can't upload this stuff like normal because it's considered a MULTISPORT workout. :P

In the photo flipper today:

This is one of my favorite photos of me and my sister, despite the fact we were sitting on a parking curb. The date was 8/19/2000.  Almost 8 years ago! Wow! None of those clothes fit me anymore. All too big and long gone, but I do still have the shoes, which I still think are adorable, if not ridiculously uncomfortable. Anyway, we were at an outdoor event @ Hooters, featuring Kevin Matthews, a local Chicago ((hilarious)) DJ. 
7:10 AM: WOW. I've been sleeping like there's no tomorrow. Knocked out cold, dreams all night long, comatose sleeping. Last night I had a dream Schmeeeeeeze came to my office and demanded I put BT on a CD for him so he could take it with him someplace... I was like... "It's the internet, you can take it where-ever you go if you have a computer..." I was very irritated because he didn't make sense and he was in a hurry, and I had work to do. Told him to go find Chris. (Who apparently worked with me...) THEN I had a dream I was on tour with Motley Crue. [I've been reading the Heroin Diaries (Nikki Sixx,) so at least we know where that came from....]

Whizzzzz's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals