Saint Charles,IL 
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Yoga for Athletes, Rodney Yee. Rodney kicked my ass tonight. I'm not as flexible as I used to be, and my knees don't bend so well... Used the "FLEXIBILITY" option. Was still hard!

7:06 AM: Yoga on the sked today. I'm pretty stiff, so I wonder how that's gonna go. I have a Rodney Yee DVD that I use while the cats sit and stare. Smile Otherwise...it's back to work in the actual office today. Poo. Being at home is so nice. I'm going to have to shower, I suppose.

In the photo flipper today:

The group shot at Pleasant Prairie... 2006. This was the first time I met Schmize, Hangloose, and Jen and John. Also the first time I met ChiRunner. I'd met Cindy and Mark several times before. This was before Chris and I started dating (there was a before?) And I thought Schmize was in a gang, because it looked like he was flashing a "gun" signal @ Cindy's leg. Heh. Wow. Seems like a really long time ago. And it's weird to see a photo with the whole posse and no dumpster!
Just got an email with some photos from Whitney (my pal that was stuck in her home during Hurricane Ike...North of Houston...) her damage wasn't too bad (just a broken fence and a bunch of uprooted trees) and her power got turned back on today! Hooooray!

Run
  • 31m 30s
  • 2.66 miles
  • 11m 50s /Mi

This didn't feel this slow. No HRM because I chafed from it on Sunday and didn't want to irritate it today. Hopefully it will heal up by Saturday.

Strength
  • 20m

Corework

Misc. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. Core 1 & 2 from here, but modified...

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Walked my friend Katie's 3 dogs around the neighborhood for about 15 minutes at lunchtime today. BEAUTIFUL day. :)

7:44 AM: It has finally stopped raining! The sun is shining and the birds are chirping and water is not coming out of the sky! Hoooooooooooooooray! Lucky for me, I'm working from home today. I slept until 7:30 AM... now I'm cleaning things up a bit around here and I will be online for work around 9. Kiss Maybe even sooner! WaaaHooooooey! I get so much accomplished when I'm working from home... both home and work wise. It's amazing. Later, when I take a break, I'll search the Whizzzzzzz archives for a really good photo for today. I'll take something out of an album. Heh. Just you wait.

8:47 PM: Wow. My computer is acting weird. Going to log this stuff and get off of it before it freaks out on me again. I think it does not agree with Garmin. A screen full of vertical stripes. Each time spaced differently. Strange. Scary. Bizarre. Computers. It's like they're alive, and operating on their own agendas. Surprised

Here's today's photo though....

Quite possibly my single favorite photo from my entire college experience. Heh. Looks like I kicked him in the nuts.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9.5

10:27 AM: I just paid for IMWI 2009. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...

"You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load."
Paul "Bear" Bryant, I Ain't Never Been Nothing but a Winner

Photos from Schmize's party:

That guy ought to look familiar... it's HANGLOOSE. He lives.
Holly & Schmize, cuttin' a rug.

The band wore caps and goggles and race numbers. Heh.

The Cary-Crystal Lake-Algonquin BT crew.

Me and Holly... Look at the time! It's 10:15! I have to run in the morning! EEEEEEEEEEEK!Was having too much fun! 

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 2h 55m
  • 14.27 miles
  • 12m 16s /Mi

Uhm.... wet. Utterly rainy wet soggy and drippy. Like wring-out-your-shirt-and-shorts wet. Like WOW, it's totally raining wet. For almost 3 hours!

The plan called for 2:52, so this is actually an overachievement. Ha. Really lost my enthusiasm for it toward the end. Squishy, soggy. At least it wasn't hot. Quite cool and nice.

Wildlife saves today = 3 toads (frogs?) a large worm and 1 crawfish. (WTF was a crawfish doing on the bike path? In Illinois?) Maybe it was a baby lobster. But that wouldn't make it any less remarkable.

^^^^ That's not him (or her) but that's exactly what he (or she) looked like! I picked him up and moved him off to the side of the path so he wouldn't get squashed in case a biker came by.

Going to try to get Garmin to upload. That will be a miracle. It got wet and started freaking out around mile 9. It kept beeping and changing screens by itself. Garmin is still beeping. And I've been finished running for over an hour now. I can't turn it off. I think it's been water logged.

8:50 AM: Long run on the sked today. Am going to suck it up and do it in the rain. Might feel refreshing. Was out too late at Schmize's IM party... Chris left at a responsible hour, while I stayed for dancing and cake and too many half glasses of wine. And the cops. I stayed to see cops come and break up the band. Awesome. Photos to come. Who knew a garage party, in the rain, with a middle aged band could be so much fun? Now. To run 3 hours... BTW: (I say "middle aged" with the full knowledge that the band was my age...!!!)

Bike
  • 45m 28s
  • -----
  • -----

A teeny tiny trainer ride. Swapped today for tomorrow due to rain.

9:53 AM: Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain! It's raining like a Mo Fo. It's been raining very steadily since last night... not storming... just lots of rain. Heavy at times. Was going to do my long run on the treadmill... since Moraine Hills is likely flooded... but got the OK to move the long run to tomorrow... in hopes that it won't be quite as rainy. I can run in a little rain...or drizzle... I'd rather not run 3 hours in a deluge. So today is a trainer ride, instead. Hooray! Long run tomorrow... hopefully outside. Laughing
Today I searched for a photo of Whitney... she's currently all holed up in Conroe TX, about an hour N of Galveston, getting pounded by Hurricane IKE. Her house is all boarded up and all of her patio furniture is in the house. Here's to hoping Whitney & her husband and her wiener dog Murphy get thru it without much damage.

7:03 AM: I'm so tired. Tired. Tired. Tired. Or something. It just seems like it's exponentially harder for me to drag myself out of bed lately... I'm getting 8 hours of sleep. EVERY NIGHT. Maybe I need more? I can't imagine I need more sleep than that. Going to go chug a pot of coffee. I'll let you know how I feel in a couple of hours.

BTW, today is a pre-emptive Recovery Day! I need it in preparation for tomorrow's long run in the rain. 3 hours. WOW.
10:45 AM: Feeling much more perky now. It was just sorta humid and stuffy and dark this morning... Plenty of water and coffee have revived me nicely. Now I'm at work...
In the photo flipper:

That's me and my Aunt and my Mom. At my rehearsal dinner. Date = 4/19/2002. I'm looking at something else... not sure what...

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 37m 55s
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 01m 49s /100 yards

Swim, Swam, Swum!

I had my stopwatch today, so I timed everything. What the heck? Why not?

200 easy free (3:16)
50 breast
50 back
4 x 100 w/bands
1) 1:49
2) 1:48
3) 1:47
4) 1:45

Nice little descending set with ankle bands. :) Me likey.

6 x 200 (3:23/3:33)
1) 3:10 Whoops
2) 3:13
3) 3:10 Whoops again.
4) 3:12
5) 3:14 Goggle full of water
6) 3:11
200 cool down
-------------

Can't swim that slowly. 3:23 for a 200. I was swimming steadily, but not working too hard. Focused on my catch and my pull and gliding in the water. A very nice swimmy tonight.

Whizzzzzzz = happy.

7:17 AM: Wow. I am sore. Like stiff achy and sore. I took an icebath last night after my run... but I'm not sure it helped. I think it's pretty hard to train for a marathon and not have aches and pains... but wow, I'm pretty sore. I don't feel injured, just overused. And I do know the difference. Nothing is swollen. I have a normal ROM everywhere. I just feel like I'm 98 years old. Someone hand me my cane! Surprised

I can't believe it's been 7 years since 9/11/2001.

*sigh*

What a day that was.
Thank you to our men and women in service. Freedom isn't free.

In the photo flipper:

Me and my friends Nora and Lynn (from work) out on the town. It was August of 1999. This may have been the "YMCA"... can't be certain...

Whizzzzz's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
Time
  • January's totals