SATURDAY
Moderate or heavy rain shower
High 81F
Low 65F
Bike
  • 59m 55s
  • 15.99 miles
  • 16.01 Mi/hr

7 min @ 120 watts and 1 min recovery. With a warm up and cool down. No problem.

It's so nice to get this done in the AM!!!

Hoping to have at least a thousand extra miles in my legs by the time I get outside this spring. I'm already at 548 or so! 

Bike
  • 1h 00m 57s
  • 15.70 miles
  • 15.46 Mi/hr

London. This was last week's fasted ride. Intervals of 2 minutes of 120 watts and 5 minutes of 85 watts. A real snoozefest.

Bike
  • 1h 31m 36s
  • 23.64 miles
  • 15.48 Mi/hr

1,050 feet of climbing. Not terrible. Some tough intervals, and I had some trouble with the resistance toward the end of the ride, but overall, glad that's over.

Tomorrow is a fasted ride. Supposed to be today's ride, but since I didn't ride on Friday I'm one behind. 

Bike
  • 1h 09m 56s
  • 17.22 miles
  • 14.77 Mi/hr

I cracked level 10 so I was able to get to a different part of the island. Waterfalls! Jungles! More hilly, so I was slower.

So, we had some wine and watched the Opening Ceremonies last night over dinner. I was mush after working yesterday... I could hardly tell you my own name. Finally signed off the computer around 6:30. No Zwift. I literally laid on the carpet in the living room for a minute to just... STOP. 

I've given up on Dry February. Am going to make a goal however, and keep it simple. Drink less. I am doing this already bc my stomach has changed and it seems that everything gives me gas these days... including red wine. It's no fun for anyone, least of all me.  Who the hell wants to go out and have a bunch of wine with someone who smells like a porta pottie? And who seems to keep wandering off? 

So. drinking less and Zwifting more. I feel the difference with my body after having even one glass of wine. I feel bloated and smushy in the morning when I wake up. With beer I feel draggy and like I have a sour stomach. It's not a worthwhile pursuit anymore. A glass here and there, sure. A bottle with every dinner? I just can't. 

Ohhhhhhhh boy. It's been a pretty long hard day here at home. I still have a trainer ride to do.

There's 8+ inches of snow on the ground. I have had multiple complex conversations today, about topics with which I have limited to moderate familiarity. While I do like my job... it's sometimes just a whole LOT to take in.

My brain feels soft and mushy. 

No more. No more. I just want to do some catch up type stuff and then drink a gallon of vodka. Dry February. Shit.

Zwift. Shit.

Uuuuuuuggggghhhhh.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Lots and lots of snow in the forecast for tonight. Like 6-10 inches. Am working from home tomorrow, so it doesn't really matter. I will be in the basement tap tap tapping away on my computer, cat on my lap, watching the snow accumulate.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 1h 15m 45s
  • 20.14 miles
  • 15.95 Mi/hr

MY CROTCH IS STARTING TO HURT! TOO MUCH TIME IN ONE POSITION ON THAT LITTLE SEAT!

The workouts are all slightly longer this week. Much to my dismay. Am going to have to do this in the morning bc I have dinner plans with my friend Kathy after work.

We've been trying to do a "DRY" February. Figure it's the shortest month of the year it should be our first "DRY" victory. Chris so far is doing better than I am. He has abstained for 6 out of the 7 days of February. I'm at 5 out of 7. Suddenly all of these social plans are jumping out of the woodwork. Tonight Kathy and I are specifically meeting at a different restaurant than we usually do... since it's WINE DOWN WEDNESDAY @ Kona Grill and I don't want to be tempted. Plus, we really only go to Kona Grill BECAUSE of WINE DOWN WEDNESDAY and if I'm not planning to drink wine, what's the point? We are expanding our horizons. 

I don't find that I'm sleeping any better or differently. I sleep pretty well as a rule no matter what I'm eating or drinking. I do feel a little less bloated. Don't know if that's attributable to the lack of wine or to the increased Zwifting. Whatever. Let's see how this unfolds. 

That workout is in the CAN! Yay! I'm freeeeeeeeee!

10:26 PM: Dry February Failure. I'm 4 out of 7 as of today. Oh well.  

Whizzzzz's Training Log

February 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28   

Time
Distance
Time
  • May's totals