Saint Charles,IL 
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

In St. Charles at 9 AM. We had some wine @ Jill's house, but we were in bed before 10 and we got an extra hour of sleep so that was nice. Endurance day. Hard class today, and I rode the bike. Imagine if I would have tried running. Ugh.

2G - Endurance

Exercises
1) 10 x squat to bicep curl
2) 10 x hip hinge tricep kickback
3) 10 x skier squat
4) 10 x high row
5) 10 x S/L V-Up (total)

Round 1
100m row
Exercise 1

Round 2
200m row
Exercises 1-2

Round 3
300m row
Exercises 1-3

Round 4
400m row
Exercises 1-4

Round 5
500m row
Exercises 1-5

Bike
I don't remember it all and I had the intel from Reddit but I clicked somewhere and I lost it. So. I dunno. 30 push + 30 base.

Monday: rest. 
     Tuesday: OTF (run if I can) 6:30 AM (#4) 
   Wednesday: Rest Day / Maybe Office

Thursday: OTF (run) 6:30 AM (#5) FREE HELL WEEK TANK TOP BITCHES!
   Friday: Rest Day (dinner with Tom Demerly and Jan!)
    Saturday: OTF (run) 7:35 AM in Wheaton (J'sgiving with my friend Jill)
    Sunday: OTF (bike) 9:00 AM

Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

In Wheaton, with Dara, but without her sister. I ran. It was a tornado, 3 rotations around the room, so not a super fast tornado. Started on treadmills. Our workout was nothing like what's posted on Reddit. So.

Me and Jill ^^^

Here we were all singing FROZEN, in an attempt to entertain Jill's daughter. LOL.

Hope the cats manage to get along better today. Yesterday they were not great. Everyone was crabby and Freddie was OFF THE WALL. Like BOUNCING OFF THE WALL. He's not totally familiar with this "house" thing and he tried running out the door when the trick or treaters came. We had to lock him in the bedroom again. Poor thing. Part of me feels guilty for keeping him (against his will?) but I know it's way better for him to have a home and a family than it is for him to be wandering around in traffic and in random people's back yards.

Kevin has been an asshole. And when Molly sees asshole behavior she likes to jump right in and join! She's better by herself. Kevin is a bad influence.

Freddie is back behind the curtain today, and we're ordering another baby gate for his wing of the house. A set back for sure, but we have the room, so we may as well use it to keep these cats separated until they're ready for prime time.

Major setbacks all over the place. And we're leaving on vacation Wednesday. Kevin and Molly got locked in our bedroom by accident. One of them (Kevin) peed all over Chris' side of the bed and his towel and made a poo in his jeans. Like clandestinely INSIDE his jeans. *sigh*

In other news, dinner with the Demerly clan was very nice.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

The last hell week class. To be honest, I don't think Hell Week was that hard. It was just 5 classes that I would have taken under normal non-hell week circumstances. Every day is different @ OTF anyway, so I don't see what the big deal is. It was fairly easy to meet the minimum requirements. If they would have required 7/8 or even 6/8 that would have been harder... but I think that would have also encouraged people who aren't up to it yet to try something that could injure them. People who aren't either chronically injured (like me) or super in tune with their bodies (like most endurance athletes/triathletes) could get hurt pushing themselves to do something they're not ready to do. Not everyone has a governor like I do. So. I don't know. I'll do it again and maybe next time aim for 6/8. I do like my recovery days, you know.

This was a Random Tornado Started on Rowers

Row: 90 sec for distance
Floor: 90 sec of either pop jacks, skaters lunge, bench sit ups with jump, bridge low rows, bicycles, plank jacks, hands to elbows, bench hop over or running man
Tread: 90 sec run for distance with varying random inclines.

Every 90 seconds we switched and then got our random exercise and/or incline.

Well, we all know Poltergeist is a movie. So I think I have verified the Hell Week Theme. Just in time for it to be over.

#truestory

I also hosted a minor cat fight.

OMG it's snowing. No. No. No. No. Ugggggghhhhhh. No. Hell no, I'm not going into the office in the damn snow. ALSO, I have so much to do the endless office complaining is too much of a distraction. I'll stay home and try to corral these cats, instead. That's not a distraction.

In cat-related news Freddie is out and about free form in the house. We have not had any cat fights (yet) however there has been some hissing and moaning. This is normal. We are still sleeping with him sequestered in the guest room at night. He has jumped the baby gate barrier several times, even though it's high. He leaps and sort of hangs/levitates in the air for a moment, then lands gracefully on the other side. It's really amazing. I'm only slightly jealous of how damn nimble and flexible he is. I can barely bend my legs. You should see Chris and I try to get over the baby gate. We need a step stool.

Friday: Rest Day
     Saturday: OTF (run) 7:35 AM in Wheaton
     Sunday: OTF (bike) 10:15 AM

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Rode the bike. Because discretion is the better part of valor. This misery would have been infinitely more miserable had I attempted it on the treadmill.

Misery - Hell Week Day 6

Bike
Bike/Row
1 mile push at 1%
200m row
1 mile push at additional tension
400m row
1 mile push add 1 level
600m row
1 mile push add 1 level
800m row

Floor
Floor block 1
Push up x1/2/3/4/5
Plank jack x2/4/6/8/10
1 minute “rest” holding an ab v

Floor block 2
Straight leg hip raise x1/2/3/4/5
Toe reach x2/4/6/8/10
1 minute “rest” holding BW squat

Floor block 3
Pop jack x1/2/3/4/5
Alt. pop squat x2/4/6/8/10
1 minute “rest” plank hold

Floor block 4
Repeat floor block 1
1 minute “rest” holding ab v crunch thingy

Floor block 5
Repeat floor block 2
1 minute “rest” holding BW squat

Floor block 6
Repeat floor block 3

Wednesday: Rest Day / Office

Here we have young Freddie. He's young. Young young young. He runs around and jumps super high and sprints up the stairs. Seriously, watching him run up the stairs is like witnessing a feat of feline athleticism. He's a little panther. Or a puma. He's solid and fast. That vertical leap is pretty amazing. Reminds me that Molly and Kevin are old cats. They waddle up the stairs. Senior citizens. GET OFF MY LAWN!

An actual photo of Kevin. ^^^

Wednesday: Rest Day / Office

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

Whizzzzz's Training Log

November 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30