Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

I think this was a strength day. I don't fully remember. *facepalm*

Monday: Zwift Week 3 Day 2
    Tuesday: OTF 6:30 AM

Wednesday: Zwift Week 3 Day 2 Travel --> MOBILE ALABAMA
   Thursday: MEDIATION, MOBILE 
   Friday: MOBILE -- > CHICAGO (Jackson Galaxy tonight!)
     Saturday: OTF 10:15 AM St. Charles (Surprise Party!)

Sunday: Zwift Week 3 Day 3.
     Sunday: (WORKOUT 2) OTF 9 AM

Surprise 50th birthday party tonight for our friend and original BT'er Scott Schmeiser. (Schmize) We all met right here on this website 14 + years ago. I can't believe we're all so old now. 

Soooooooo.... I arranged for a cab to pick me up at the hotel at 5:30 AM so I could get to the airport by 6 for a 7 AM flight. No problem. I was awake and up and in the lobby at 5:30. No cab. I waited til 5:45 and then I started to panic. The front desk was calling the cab company with no answer. I checked Uber and Lyft and it was going to be 15 min before a car got to me. I ordered up a Lyft, and rummaged around in my purse to find the card of the cab driver that dropped me off. I said he had a "cab friend" in the area, also going to the airport, and he'd call him and ask him to come get me. So I canceled the Lyft to the tune of $5. 

The cab guy came. We had to pick up one other passenger, so we loaded him up and took off. This cab driver drove like 300 miles an hour, running through redlights and generally driving like a NASCAR driver. I arrived at the end of boarding, got on the plane, and finally had a moment to breathe. Sweet God in heaven that was quite a lot of unnecessary stress. 

Long story longer, I landed before the blizzard. HOWEVER, when I got to  Chicago and went to the washroom in the terminal I found 4 stacking wedding type rings next to the sink. I wandered around for another half hour trying to find someone at the terminal that could tell me where the lost and found was. I ultimately went to Customer Service (which had a SOOOOOOOPER long line, due to the impending storm and multiple flight cancellations) found a manager/team leader and gave them the rings. I then drove the 45 min home.

We didn't go see Jackson Galaxy. I worked some eMail from the laptop in front of the TV and went to bed early. No workout. No nothing. Bah.

I don't know if these are even real gold/diamonds or not... couldn't tell, however they looked sentimental to me... so I made a point to turn them in. I hope someone thinks to check the lost and found and is reunited with their rings! 

PSA: DO NOT TAKE YOUR RINGS OFF IN PUBLIC RESTROOMS! THEY ARE EASILY FORGOTTEN AND NOT EVERYONE WILL TURN THEM IN.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

12:54 PM: Hello from Mediation. We are 3 hours and 54 minutes in and my policy is almost blown. Need to put the brakes on and eat some lunch before I spend the rest of my $$ and hopefully get out of here with time to explore a bit around downtown Mobile. We shall see.

Spent my policy, but settled the case. Went back to the room, worked some eMail, and went out for a lil dinner. Leaving early early early tomorrow. 

Monday: Zwift Week 3 Day 2

Wednesday: Zwift Week 3 Day 2 Travel --> MOBILE ALABAMA

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Worked from 9-1. Then to the airport. Traveled from 3:45 onward. Finally set foot in my hotel room at 10:30 PM. OOOOOFFFF.

Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Strength day. Ran. Knee is feeling...meh

2G - Strength - Inclines and drop sets!

Treads

Block 1 - 6.5min
2 min base at 5% (like a push)
1 min base
90 sec base at 6%
1 min base
1 min AO at 4%

WR

Block 2 - 6.5min
1 min base
90 sec base at 6%
1 min base
1 min AO on flat road

WR

Block 3 - 6.5min
1 min base
90 sec push flat road
1 min base
1 min AO flat road

WR

Floor

Block 1 - 6.5min
15 strokes on Rower (just once)
Bicep Curls - 5 reps heavy, 10 reps lighter
Side Plank crunch - 10 each side

Repeat exercises until time

Block 2 - 6.5min
Overhead tricep extensions lying on bench - 5 reps heavy, 10 reps lighter
Seated torso rotation with dumbbell - 10 total

Block 3 - 6.5min
Sumo squats - 5 reps heavy, 10 reps lighter
Bird dog planks - 10 total

I am getting into the vacation mood. I bought this ^^ I have 11 months to get my Cabo wardrobe together. I wonder where else I will go in the meanwhile? Chris and I have been kicking around the Bahamas for our anniversary, but we'd also like to hit Washington DC and actually see the city and the monuments and museums as adults. 

We've also discussed New York in the summertime or spring, and I'd like to go to Maine. Maybe do a "New England" week. I don't think we're gonna be able to do a European trip this year with all of the extra expenses we've had with the house lately, but who knows. Chris may get a nice commissions bonus and I plan to ask for a raise, so... dunno. 

As predicted, I am sore today. Like OMG WTF sore. Gonna plan on my trainer ride tonight. We'll see.

6:58 PM: Just signing off work computer now. BBBBLLLLAAAAGGGHHHHH. No trainer ride.

7:52 PM: We have reached a consensus on girls trip #1. We're going to Cabo in OCTOBER. OCTOBER! This seems like forever away. 

Wednesday: OTF 6:30 AM ? Travel --> MOBILE ALABAMA
    Saturday: OTF 9:00 AM St. Charles (Surprise Party!)

Whizzzzz's Training Log

January 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance