Saint Charles,IL 
Bike
  • 59m 40s
  • 15.36 miles
  • 15.44 Mi/hr

The elusive Zwift workout. I had trouble calibrating again, and this makes riding a lot less fun. I had to stop about midway through to adjust my shorts and when I got back on the bike the damn pedals wouldn't move. I had to crank and crank and crank, then finally recalibrate, then crank some more, then finally close down the work out and just ride. I don't knw what happened, but I will say this NEVER happened when I first rode Zwift or this trainer in 2018. It was so easy and fun. This is frustrating and unfun. But I did it. So.

Monday: OTF noon
   Tuesday: OTF 6:30 AM

Wednesday: REST or maybe a bike?
  Thursday: OTF 5:45 PM
  Friday: Zwift. Whatever workout I'm on now? 
   Saturday: OTF 10:15 AM St. Charles

Sunday: Rest. Trudy's dad's memorial in IN. 

Here's the group of us after Trudy's Dad's memorial service. #ironsisters. The girls flew in from all over, Texas, Michigan, North Carolina. Every woman on these stairs has done at least one Ironman, and there's one Kona qualifier in the group. This sport has brought so much to my life it's... insane. A real game changer.

Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Endurance day. Blagh. I rode the bike. Was out til about 12:30 last night and slept in today. Was a bit disappointed to see an Endurance day, but... whatever. This is coming from a 4x Ironman. Oh how the mighty have fallen! LOLOLOLOL.

I am ridiculously sore from yesterday's Orange Theory class. Like Ironman sore. Good God.

So, of course, I didn't do that trainer ride. I need to get on the trainer soon. I am just not there yet. Ugh.

Out for dinner and drinkies with Dara, Agnes and Jody. The Cabo crew:

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

After a stressful and busy (but surprisingly productive!) Day at work, we went to OTF at 5:45 PM. My heart rate was in overdrive the entire time. I didn't recover as well as I usually do and I spent a lot of time in RED and ORANGE. So unusual. Got there early, but not early enough to start on the treadmill. We started on the rowers. It was a 3G. I swear I almost had a grabber.

NADA.

Worked all day with intermittent texts back and forth between the HS girls *still* planning this 50th birthday trip. One of the girls called for a conference call at 8:30 PM and that's when I tapped out. I told them to decide on a place and a date and I would book my ticket. I stopped caring. So much back and forth and rigamarole.

Turns out we're going to Scottsdale AZ and renting an Air b-n-b. Fine. I absolutely don't even care anymore. A very stressful day, with work exploding all over the place and this planning fiasco, I had to pull the plug on something.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Endurance day. After yesterday, I wasn't really up for a lot of "endurance" efforts. I rode the bike and was generally lower intensity the whole time. I am sore and tired. 4 OTF days in a row. ENOUGH.

Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

CAPTURE THE FLAG. It's generally a rowing thing. You and a partner go back and forth taking turns rowing and then running and doing floor work. This year I got 5130 in distance... would have gotten further but my partner was kind of a dud. That's OK. I rowed my ass off, and I can imagine the number of times I was the duddy partner. LOL. I mean, anytime it's a running challenge!

Same workout, about a year apart... ^^^

Whizzzzz's Training Log

January 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
Time