Saint Charles,IL 

WORK OUTFIT!!!!!

This morning, while I was feeding her breakfast, Molly had what appeared to be a seizure. I think. Or a stroke. I am not certain. She was up on the countertop begging for cottage cheese, I got her bowl ready for her and I set it down over by where she eats. When my back was turned I heard a thud. I think (this is conjecture) she fell off the countertop and hit a wine glass. That landed on the carpet making the thud. Molly was on the very edge of the table, completely stunned. She couldn't move her back legs, she looked to be weak and unable to control her limbs. She wasn't shaking... just... very clumsy looking, like she was having a hard time standing up. I picked her up and set her down by her food bowl and she was waving her back leg around in a strange manner. I called for Chris, who got out of bed and came to look. He picked her up and held her and she didn't complain. I looked into her eyes; and her pupils were equal and reactive.

She seemed to snap out of it... she started growling at Chris, (this is normal) so he put her down. She walked carefully over to her cottage cheese and started eating.

She was wobbly for about 15-20 min and then was back to being herself. We are taking her to the vet tomorrow for some tests. I don't know what could be wrong but I don't like the sounds of any of it. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Monday: REST
   Tuesday: OTF 6:30 AM

Wednesday: OFFICE! Peloton or maybe Zwift when I get home.
  Thursday: OTF 5:45 PM
Friday: REST
   Saturday: OTF 10:15 AM St. Charles

Sunday: OTF 9 AM St. Charles

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Ohhhhhhh boyyyyy this was hard. Christ on a cracker. I don't know what's going on but these workouts are way harder than "HELL WEEK" or whatever other gimmick they have dreamed up. Ran today. Felt like croaking. Run/Row. That is all.

In unrelated news, the cat situation here appears to be sorting itself out. Today Freddie, the big fat stray pacifist cat, swiped Molly straight across the face. It's about time. I love Molly dearly but she's been nothing but bitchy to Freddie and he has done nothing but tolerate it. No more. She cornered him and was doing her screaming, hissing, swatting routine and he decked her. Perfection. Her demeanor changed immediately and I am hopeful this is what it takes to bring a bit of order to our household and among these cats. We should be so lucky. Molly thinks rules don't apply to her and she can behave however erratically and meanly she likes. She is wrong and Freddie just provided her with some much needed social feedback in a language she understands.

Now if someone could get Kevin to quit peeing on things we'd have the whole deal handled.

Wednesday: OFFICE! Peloton!

Week 2 of the Transformation Challenge. I am supposed to be losing 1 lb per week. I have no idea if that's happening or not, as I am terrified to weigh myself. I know it's just a number, but Good God, it's a big one. This week will be 4 OTFs and at least 1 trainer ride. We'll see how I do. Am logging all of my food. I was overeating again, which is so so so so easy to do... and when I add wine with dinner I was way over my maintenance cals and of course over my weight loss cals.

I feel like a train that derailed but got back on the track after running through a cookie and wine factory.

My Alabama mediation top. It was a new blouse, no jacket. It was pretty warm for January there! No jacket required. A work outfit update will happen this Wednesday! Woot!

Wednesday: OFFICE! Peloton!

Bike
  • 59m 40s
  • 15.36 miles
  • 15.44 Mi/hr

The elusive Zwift workout. I had trouble calibrating again, and this makes riding a lot less fun. I had to stop about midway through to adjust my shorts and when I got back on the bike the damn pedals wouldn't move. I had to crank and crank and crank, then finally recalibrate, then crank some more, then finally close down the work out and just ride. I don't knw what happened, but I will say this NEVER happened when I first rode Zwift or this trainer in 2018. It was so easy and fun. This is frustrating and unfun. But I did it. So.

Monday: OTF noon

Wednesday: REST or maybe a bike?
  Friday: Zwift. Whatever workout I'm on now? 

Sunday: Rest. Trudy's dad's memorial in IN. 

Here's the group of us after Trudy's Dad's memorial service. #ironsisters. The girls flew in from all over, Texas, Michigan, North Carolina. Every woman on these stairs has done at least one Ironman, and there's one Kona qualifier in the group. This sport has brought so much to my life it's... insane. A real game changer.

Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Endurance day. Blagh. I rode the bike. Was out til about 12:30 last night and slept in today. Was a bit disappointed to see an Endurance day, but... whatever. This is coming from a 4x Ironman. Oh how the mighty have fallen! LOLOLOLOL.

I am ridiculously sore from yesterday's Orange Theory class. Like Ironman sore. Good God.

So, of course, I didn't do that trainer ride. I need to get on the trainer soon. I am just not there yet. Ugh.

Out for dinner and drinkies with Dara, Agnes and Jody. The Cabo crew:

Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

After a stressful and busy (but surprisingly productive!) Day at work, we went to OTF at 5:45 PM. My heart rate was in overdrive the entire time. I didn't recover as well as I usually do and I spent a lot of time in RED and ORANGE. So unusual. Got there early, but not early enough to start on the treadmill. We started on the rowers. It was a 3G. I swear I almost had a grabber.

Whizzzzz's Training Log

January 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
Time
  • July's totals