Saint Charles,IL 

More recovery and unpacking. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

Recovery. I didn't sleep that well on vacation. Agnes likes to leave a light on. I do not like to leave a light on while sleeping. 

Finger is burning and throbbing to its own heartbeat. 

We had a 2 PM flight, so we had to leave the resort around 11:00. Agnes and I got up early, and we were at the pool by 8 in order to suck up our last rays of Vitamin D. Due to my prodigious application of sunscreen (I went through the tube of 30 I brought + a bottle of 50 I bought at the resort) I managed to not sustain any real sunburn. Like nothing that looked pink or red for longer than a day. I have never worn so much sunscreen in my life. But I still got a little tan. No peeling, itching or burning. All welcome developments, since I ALWAYS somehow burn myself in random stripes on vacation. 

I did, however, manage to get stung by a bee. This was my stupid fault. We dipped ourselves in the pool and I saw a honeybee drowning. I inspected the critter to make sure it was an actual honeybee, and not some fucking wasp or something. I saw his little pollination hairs and I knew he was a honeybee. So, I figured I'd fish him out of the water and save his little endangered life. I mean... who voluntarily touches a fucking bee? I do. Dr. FUCKING Dolittle over here. 

So I got him out of the water. I blew on him to get him off my hand. He promptly fell right back into the water. I tried again. This time I got him on my finger and he stung me, leaving his stinger in my finger, and dying anyway. No good deed goes unpunished. My finger swelled up to enormous proportions and I couldn't bend it at all. It appears we're all a little worse off after that interaction. 

I got an upgrade on the way home, though, so that was nice. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Pool + whatever show was on the docket for the day. I have already forgotten. 

This is my favorite vacation outfit. ^^^

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Pool + Latin Show. We didn't take many (or any?) Photos this day. ??? 

Oh, I was able to find this... Agnes must have taken it on her way up to the room. She generally left the pool early to start getting ready. 

Not many people in this pool. They were congregating in the Corona-pool. (That's what we called it) We stayed the FUCK away from everyone. So much chlorine in this pool that it wrecked my swimsuit. In one day. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

A more moderate day. Jody and Dara were out much later than we were last night. I sprang alive at 5 AM, took a shower, and got up for the day. We went down to reserve good beach chairs and had breakfast. Jody and Dara never left their room today. 

Agnes and I went down the the beach area. I have swum in the Sea of Cortez plenty of times... and I tried to go into the water today. The undertow was out of control. I am a confident swimmer, but was dragged under a couple of times and decided to forget about it. I literally ran for my life with a swimsuit FULL OF SAND. It would suck you in waaaay up the beach. Scary. Even for me. 

We had dinner reservations at Sunset MonaLisa. Only Agnes and I went. Jody and Dara didn't want to leave the resort. This restaurant is one of my favorite places on the planet. 

In that beach photo I am quite literally running for my life. The water is coming and it's hungry to pull me in. In those two "hat" photos I am posing on the beach with the butt of my swimsuit droopy from sand. Imagine it. It was worse than anything you could imagine. Sand in places I didn't know I had. Sand all over the room. Sand in the shower. Sand in my hat. Sand. Sand. Sand. 

Bike
  • 25m
  • -----
  • -----

Made myself get up and ride the stationary bike in the Covid Gym. Rode with my mask. Chose the bike because it was the furthest away from everyone else. The workout room wasn't SUPER packed by normal standards, but by Covid standards I was spooked. Wore my mask and never returned to the gym.

Took full advantage of the pool bar. Missed dinner. Was back in the room and asleep by 7 PM. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 12

Whizzzzz's Training Log

October 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time