Saint Charles,IL 

Monday -- REST 
  Tuesday -- OTF 200M benchmark row 6:30 AM
  Wednesday -- OTF noon or bike ride/trainer ride?
 Thursday -- Bike
 Friday -- OTF noon
 Saturday -- OTF 9:30 AM
  Sunday-- Gravel Ride or Road Ride?

THE PLOT THICKENS. 

I got ANOTHER CLOSE MATCH on Ancestry.com. This time Jason didn't also match. We know we have different fathers, so this means the match is on my father's side. 

I reached out to Samantha, my match. She and her brother live in Seattle. Her father is David Egelhoff. The timeline, as cobbled together by me and Jason and Samantha and David Jr.  and various aunts on my bio-Mom's side is this: 

Summer 1969 (the summer of '69!) Bonnie (bio-Mom) leaves IL and somehow goes cross country to CA. How? I don't know. She didn't have a car and she didn't have access to a car as far as anyone can tell. 
Fall/Winter 1969 Bonnie is in Pomona CA and/or Los Angeles where she hooks up with David Egelhoff, who lived in the area and was 20-21 at the time. At or around late November or early December she gets pregnant with me. 
Summer of 1970 Bonnie somehow manages to get (us) home, in her pregnant state, has me in August, gives me up for adoption, and here we are. It's very likely that David Egelhoff never knew about me. And probably never even knew Bonnie was pregnant. 
Summer of 1970 (Literally days after my birth) David, who is a private pilot, attempts a funky landing with his father as a passenger. Plane crash ensues, and David's father is killed. David survives. 
1972 David marries Kate. The mother of Samantha and David Jr. 
1984 David and Kate divorce. 
Somewhere in there David marries Donna Rae. They divorce in 1994
1994 David is killed in a car accident, at the same age as his father was when he died. 
2020 The world is in a pandemic, and I am turning 50 and spitting into tubes only to find out I have relatives strewn across the country... and my biological parents were wild, reckless, and far too young when they died. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 2h 42m 03s
  • 38.85 miles
  • 14.44 Mi/hr

Long Gravel Loop with Chris. Chris pushed the pace inasmuch as that is possible on a crowded gravel path. The stopping, the starting, the stopping, the starting. Dear God in Heaven. HELP. As soon as I got some momentum going we'd have to slam on the brakes for a dog or a stroller or a person turning around without notice.

Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

ESP

Monday -- Biking with Trudy & Scotty
 Tuesday -- REST Molly Follow up appt @ VCA
  Wednesday -- OTF 
 Thursday -- Bike
 Friday -- OTF
 Saturday -- OTF 11 AM
  Sunday-- Gravel Ride &/or volunteer @ CL Half Marathon.

Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

POOOOOOWWWWWWEEEERRRRRR DDDDAAAAYYYYYY

My fave!

The weather has been absolute shit. Didn't ride bikes yesterday. Chris rode the trainer, but I didn't.... instead I ordered and picked up dinner for us. Had every intention of folding the MOUNTAIN OF LAUNDRY that is in our living room, but I didn't do that either. The mountain remains and rises ever higher... like some sort of real time sweat-wicking geological marvel emerging from the floor. If we took the time to dissect it, we may be able to identify different strata. 

9 years ago today, Chris and I got engaged at the finish line of IMWI 2011; in an effort to TAKE BACK THE DAY! 

Wednesday -- OTF 
 Thursday -- Bike
 Friday -- OTF
 Saturday -- OTF 11 AM
  Sunday-- Gravel Ride &/or volunteer @ CL Half Marathon.

Those of you following the Tour may have seen Peter Sagan's maneuver at the sprint end of yesterday's stage. He came in second on the stage, but due to his "argy-bargy", he was relegated, lost whatever points he won, PLUS he lost an additional 13 points. He was ALSO fined 500 CHF. I agree that the move was... questionable. Peter doesn't usually operate that way, but I'm wondering if he's becoming desperate. I am also wondering why the fines are in Swiss Franks v. Euros, but, I guess that's not my problem. It's PETER'S! 

My BFF here is quickly running out of real estate and time. If he thinks he can win the green jersey this year he's going to have to be in every break away for the remainder of the tour. Let's go Peter! 

Who? Me?

Yes. You. Green Means GO! 

Wednesday -- OTF 
 Thursday -- Bike
 Friday -- OTF
 Saturday -- Gravel Ride. Maybe a road ride???
  Sunday-- OTF 11 AM. Orrrrrr maybe volunteer @ CL Half Marathon.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Endurance. I think being lighter is making running easier. Who knew...? I mean aside from every single paper thin runner?

Wednesday -- OTF 
 Thursday -- Bike
 Friday -- OTF

Wednesday -- OTF 
 Thursday -- Bike
 Friday -- OTF

Molly has her follow up appointment regarding her heart meds today. A non emergency pre-scheduled appointment. 

Where you takin' me, hooman? 

I had to give Molly Gabapentin again in preparation for her visit. She was SEDATED. I gave her 1/4 of a capsule (which is HALF what I gave her last time). She's just too small. The vet told me she needs the diuretic again and we're going to supplement that with Vitamin K (Potassium). She doesn't have a pleural effusion, she has an effusion in her body cavity, so this COULD BE making it difficult for her to breathe. I have not noticed any strained breathing and I count her respirations nightly. Anyway, I started the diuretic last night along with her other pills, and she wet the bed (and me). The diuretic flushes all of her potassium and makes her weak. This combined with the Gabapentin made it nearly impossible for her to get up to pee in the middle of the night. I think we may only do the diuretic therapy once or twice a week. And only in the morning. 

I woke up with wet sheets and thought it was from a hot flash. LOL. My first response was not that Molly peed on me. #thisis50

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

Whizzzzz's Training Log

September 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time