Saint Charles,IL 

Goodbye Molly. You were my favorite. You taught me everything I needed to know about cats, about unconditional love and about life in general. I have never met anyone (or any THING) more precocious, ferocious, protective, loving or clever. You made me laugh EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. You picked me, and for that I am forever grateful.  My little Mol. "I lava you". 

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

Today was a downward slide. We will be bringing Molly in tomorrow to have her put to sleep. 

She has a heavy cream goatee. We let her eat whatever she wanted today. She didn't want much, but she did have the fat off of a NY Strip Steak and a couple of (small) dishes of heavy whipping cream. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 6

So today, I got all dressed for OTF and I stopped to pick up Molly so I could give her her daily meds. As I did, I realized she was sitting on a wet blanket, and she was covered in urine. I held her in my arms and she peed all over me and all over the kitchen as I walked around with her. It appeared as though she lost bladder control, not just during an "episode" but... all the time. This was concerning. 

I changed my clothes, canceled OTF, packed her up, and we went to the vet. They didn't have a lot to say, other than her breathing is very labored and her heart was failing. They cleaned her up. When I picked her up and held her I could feel her heart racing... not just beating fast, but beating HARD. Struggling. With force. 

We decided that we'd stop giving her all the pills... it was stressing her out, and she was having so much trouble breathing that she was panting when I tried to administer them, so when I put my finger in her mouth I was almost choking her. 

She spent tonight hanging with me. We'll see how she does tomorrow. 

I was ridiculously over my calories yesterday... and most of this week. I need to buckle back down. Yesterday was a "holiday" so it was literally ANYTHING goes. 

I fear Molly is deteriorating. Although I realize I have been saying this for the past 5ish months... I am (and have been!) genuinely concerned. She *is* still eating steak, but I haven't seen her poop in a couple of days and her personality appears to be just running out of steam. She's under the bed in the basement now. I'm here too, in my office, trying to work. 

Trying to lure her out with a piece of steak. 

I am 2 hours into a mediation... Molly is upstairs. I am sitting here in front of my computer, business on the top (plus accessories!) and Lulu on the bottom.  Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh. 

I am now 4 hours and 53 minutes into this mediation and I am about to punch someone in the face. That is all. 

5 hours and 43 minutes in... I made a final time limited offer set to expire in 17 minutes. This offer will not be available at 6:01 PM and it will not be available on Monday. Sitting... and... waiting. 

Mediation Failure. I am so disappointed I could cry. I need wine. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

ESP again! Inclines on the treadmill. Power Rowing. Endurance Sets on the floor with Bosu Ball. Chris got 19 "splat" points so the coach had to do 19 burpees for his birthday!

Monday -- REST; maybe a PLOG? 
  Tuesday -- OTF 6:30 AM
  Wednesday -- Bike Trainer/Outside? 
 Thursday -- OTF. Chris Birthday 
 Friday -- Bike + Truffle Shuffle. (Maybe rest?) 
 Saturday -- OTF 11:00 AM 
  Sunday-- Gravel Ride or Road Ride? (Chris DRI-TRI @ OTF)

Happy Birthday to Chris... @coredumpster right here on BT. Literally my better half. 

Dare I say that Molly appears to have improved without the diuretic? I don't know. I think it's hard on her kidneys and I am going to make the executive decision that it's not necessary. Her resting respirations yesterday were 21. That's pretty good and well within normal. She eats 2 bowls of rare steak a day. Her appetite is still going strong. She also brought me a pair of socks in the middle of the night, which is normal behavior. So... We will continue to watch her.  

Saturday -- OTF 11:00 AM 
  Sunday-- Gravel Ride or Road Ride? (Chris DRI-TRI @ OTF)

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Orange Theory
  • 1h 00m

Strength... Run/Row... Not my favorite. Lots of straight up running.

Still can't burn 400 calories. 

Saturday -- OTF 9:30 AM 
  Sunday-- Gravel Ride or Road Ride?

No diuretic for Molly today. I may do it once per week. She fucking hates it, it makes her pee all over everything, and quality of life is top of the charts for her these days. Sleeping in your own piss does not seem synonymous with a "quality life". So. Fuck it. 

I'm a real potty mouth it seems. I'm surrounded by excrement, so I'm not sure what else could be expected. 

Chris and Molly together. This year just keeps getting weirder. 

Whizzzzz's Training Log

September 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals