Saint Charles,IL 

WORKWORKWORK. Work is again off the hook.  I have to drive Chris to the airport. 

My two visits to the Southernmost Point in the USA. 

April 1999 (28) 

Look how normal my legs look! Ugh. I miss normal looking knees.

May 2022 (51) 

We don't get to see my knees because I keep those things covered at all costs now-a-days. They are scarred and perpetually swollen. Look at my stylish outfit and accessories instead. 

Of note, you can see the monument has been repainted! There's graffiti on it in 1999, and the fonts look slightly different now. I had no recollection of this thing being where it was. I doubt they changed the location, so it's my memory that is unreliable. Nothing about Key West was remotely familiar. SO BIZARRE. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 10

I loathe Mother's Day. My relationship with my mother has been... strained at times, crazy other times, and generally unpredictable. We all know what happened when I attempted to BECOME a mother. I have a biological mother who killed herself. It's all very complicated and I have mostly ambivalent feelings about it all. 

Bailed on OTF last night. Wanted to sleep in and have NOTHING on the schedule. 

Spent the day going through my closet (which seems to be my main hobby) and pulling stuff out that I'm realistically never going to wear again. Listed a brand new pair of Valentino heels for sale on Poshmark. I was going to wear them for my friend Julie's wedding this weekend, but decided to try to sell them. My feet just won't. And neither will my knee(s). Ugh. Hoping someone snaps them up. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 12

Took my Mom out for Mother's Day brunch a day early because her care giver couldn't come today. We picked her up early, took her to eat, then took her shopping. I wore these cute shoes and I regretted every minute of them. Good God. I took them off in the car and immediately checked Amazon to see if I could still return them. They were THAT BAD.

For the record, I received 3 totally unsolicited compliments on them. From strangers in the shoe section of Von Maur. (As I slowly hobbled past) 

They are CHEAP. My WHOLE BODY hurt after walking in these shoes for several hours. I had no idea we were going to be doing as much walking as we did. Since I can't return them and they ARE cute, I am going to save them and try them ONE MORE TIME... maybe for a sitting-only occasion. 

The first time our whole family has celebrated Mother's Day together since like... 2011.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9

The Featured Photo: Chris and me swimming in the winter of 2007. Damn. We used to workout a lot! 

Feet feel quite a bit better. I think I just needed some really good sleep. Got several loads of laundry done. Welcome developments. Celebrating Mother's Day tomorrow and returning to OTF on Sunday. After OTF on Sunday I will devote the rest of the day doing the closet switchover. Oy. Oy. Oy. 

WORKWORKWORKWORKWORKWORKWORKWORKWORK

I have an all day mediation on the schedule today. And a to-do list as long as my leg.
Yay.

These are not walking shoes

Neither are these. 

Slightly better, but not great. 

For some reason ALL THE SHOES I packed for this trip were Tory Burch flats, except for one pair of Tory Burch wedges that I could not bring myself to wear after I realized how much walking we were going to be doing: 

My poor poor feetz.
If you need me today I will be here, limping between my work desk and the washing machine.  
My PF has flared up, and my non-replaced knee is none to happy with me. Should calm down as I resume my sedentary lifestyle in the frozen (springtime?) Midwest. 

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

6642 steps. Planes, trains and automobiles.

One last pool day, then fly home tonight. 

This hat did not technically survive the flight home. It's mashed. I am going to try to reshape it using the steamer. I got it on sale, but STILL. I like it, and I hope I can salvage it.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 45m

8614 steps

Whizzzzz's Training Log

May 2022 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31