• 25m 08s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 23s /Mi
Swim
  • 20m 18s
  • 706.00 yards
  • 02m 53s /100 yards

Quick highlights: 

Swim: Yes!  I swam the entire distance!  No resting.  No backstroke.  No breaststroke.  No resting on lifeguard floats.  No deep water freak-out.  I was SO happy coming out of the water, I couldn't contain my excitement and sprinted out of the water to T1.  Yeah, my swim speed definitely needs improvement, but I feel like I broke a big psychological barrier.
Bike:  Very nice.  19mph.  Wouldn't do anything different.
Run:  Hot.  Only goal was to run the whole distance.  Decent run (8:22s).  It was all I could muster in the heat.

Biggest bummer: Not hooking up with more BTers (Hayes was even in town from Chicago).  With my chaotic work schedule, I didn't have the chance to organize any meeting points.  It was a freaking people zoo.  Lot's o' people.  Couldn't find anyone if I tried...

Good times:  Spent time with UTTriman (good friend and former Minnesotan).  I owed him a dinner on Thursday night for breaking sub 8s on a 10K.  Hung out with Lakeville/Rosemount/Apple Valley running buddies/aspiring triathletes.  Just a fun time...

RR to follow...

• RACE DAY: Life Time Fitness Triathlon - Sprint
Last day at work.  Felt weird bringing all my personal belongings into the car.  A few other co-workers are taking me out to lunch again today.  Hope to get in an OW swim later this afternoon.
Bike
  • 31m
  • 10.11 miles
  • 19.57 Mi/hr

Was supposed to be an easy ride in small chain.  Ended up being a ride where I just went out and enjoyed myself on the bike.  Part of that included not worrying about pace.  Flat course.  Was surprised when I got done with the ride and it ended up being 19.6 mph.  Something to say about relaxation and enjoyment.

Had dinner with Brett (UTTriman), his wife & my wife.  He's in town for the Lifetime Fitness Tri.  Ate WAY TOO MUCH (appetizers, steak), and then had ice cream when I got home.  My tummy hurts...LIFETIME FITNESS TRI IN 2 DAYS...96 degrees...

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.41 miles
  • 08m 18s /Mi
Quick, fairly easy paced run this morning.  RPE 4-5.  2.4 miles in 20 min (8:18 pace).  Wife is away with my daughter at a church camp.  So us boys are eating leftovers and lots of ice cream.  I'm going to kind of be in 'forced' taper before this Saturday's race.  Only critical day will be Friday.  Wanted to get in a relaxed 1332 yd (1200m) open water day before the race.  3 more days until Lifetime Fitness Tri...96 degrees...

Can I just go hide under a rock?  Life is uber-busy.  It would have been nice to take a week off before starting my new job...no workout this morning.  Slept in...needed it...Lifetime Fitness Tri in 4 days...98 degrees...102 degrees...96 degrees...
Bike
  • 31m 15s
  • 9.63 miles
  • 18.49 Mi/hr
Nice easy ride.  RPE 5-6.  Getting colder in the morning--59 degrees, threw on a Body Armor vest underneath cycling jersey.  18.5 mph...

Off day!

sparco's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance