Run
  • 2h 03m 56s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

Never, ever, in my entire life, did I think that I could do what I did today.

Crossed the mat at 2:04 exactly. That is a 40 minute PR over my Gasparilla Half Marathon time.

I finished, and then I sat down and I cried. It's really nice to be healthy. It really, really is.

Edited for HR data: Avg is botton of z4. So much for a "training" run, eh?

RR is up!

Heh. My brother just sent this to me:

Venn

Run
  • 44m 50s
  • 4.73 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi

This run was pretty sweet (I mean, I was overtired and sluggish, but other than that it was good), except by the end there was a stabbing pain through the middle of my foot upon impact and I had to hobble home :(

mi 1: 10:23
mi 2: 9:14
mi 3: 9:34
mi 4: 8:43 (Woot)
mi .73: 11:42 pace (yay hobble! :) )

I think I'm getting the hang of run walk :)

Great morning to run. Lots to think about, great 'clearing head' weather.

I said head.

Run
  • -----
  • 6.46 miles
  • -----

Not sure of the time -- kept starting and stopping watch at weird intervals. Distance is from GMAPs

Run started out sucky -- just a whole assortment of aches and pains, total dead legs from last nights massage. Ended feeling strong. I'm still a bit groggy, but my body was feeling good. Sitting here with ice on my foot (could feel it complaining during run) and will be sure to stretch it all out (no, really!(

Run
  • 25m
  • -----
  • -----

You happy Ricci? :)

Quick run around the work neighborhood before heading to massage -- wanted to catalog the aches and pains accurately :)

Sport #1
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 30m

Was only suppose to be 45 minutes, but she went over because, to quote her: "...damn" My foot and calf are one big crunchy ball, and I'm pretty sure I left bite marks on the table, but so so worth it.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Was only suppose to be 45 minutes, but she went over because, to quote her: "...damn" My foot and calf are one big crunchy ball, and I'm pretty sure I left bite marks on the table, but so so worth it.

For those of you that answered: ICE to my foot problem ... ding! ding! ding! We have a winner. I spent yesterday icing the foot and stretching and rubbing it out, and today its like it never bothered me. It is still a bit tight, so I'll probeblly keep the same routine going, and then have a massage tonight where I'll get the foot and calf worked out, but so far ... so good. Let this be a lesson to me about running 18 miles and then not stretching (for those of you that aren't great with context clues: the lesson = "it's bad")

Back up and running manana, me thinks. Woot.

Swim
  • -----
  • 1400.00 meters
  • -----

Foot still hurts, so I hit the pool. Massage tomorrow -- hopefully that'll help clue me in to what is up.

Had a nice weekend -- I hosted my friend's bachlorette party. Luckily for everyone involved, she's a low key girl, and all she really wanted was to go out to dinner, have a few too many bottles of wine, and then just sit around and hang out with the girls. After dinner (and the after-dinner wine consumption), we all headed back to my place to have a good ole fashioned sleep over, complete with 'River Phoenix/Jake Ryan/John Cusack: The Glory Years' showing. Gotta love 80s chick flicks. Lloyd Dobbler: The Thinking Woman's Stalker.

It was a great way to spend an evening with old friends, and to help my good friend celebrate her upcoming marriage. And I am extremely thankful that no one was made to wear a dildo necklace or drink from a penis straw. Phew!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Ouch. My body is not loving the long run from Friday. My feet were VERY swollen all day yesterday, and it feels like I may have strained a tendon under my left foot's arch. Not much fun to walk on! Anyway, woke up before the rest of the girls to roll out and stretch out my bod.

So, oh experienced long runner people -- what's up with the post run swollen feet? Does it have something to do with the fact that I finished my long run, threw on heels and went straight to a 10 hour work day with no chance to stretch or relax? Or is it just normal wear and tear and thats-to-be-expectedness of running long? I ask because my 20 miler is schedule for the day before my best friends wedding, so that night and the next day there will be lots of 'me on my feet and in heels' for long stretches of time and I'd really like to minimize the "ouch my feet hurt" ness, y'know?

Chippy's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance