Run
  • 7h 52m 52s
  • 31.10 miles
  • -----

That took just SO much longer than I thought it would!

First 10k was a walk due to congestion, then the first lap was pretty slow as I was trying to mitigate the effects of the 85 degree weather and 90% humidity. Felt AWESOME going into lap two (12.5 miles left) but hit a total wall at mile 25. Bummer. The heat took a lot out of me, and it was pretty hard to keep my HR in check, but I'm extremely happy that I never experiences any mechnical breakdowns -- no ITB, no shin issues, no nothing. Just the fatigue you'd expect after being on your feet for 8 hours :)

I'd like to run this race on a cooler day -- I think I'd see a very different type of pace and experience. Oh well -- I had fun, I'm glad I did it, and I'm SO happy I'm not injured!

• RACE DAY: Sunmart Texas Trail Endurance Run
Run
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Treddy. Easy.

It took me 3 hours to drive the 12 miles to work today. This Minnesota girl is Not Impressed with the measly 3 inches of snow that is currently shutting down DC.

30 minute run on the treadmill at lunch. My Honda might not fear the snow and ice, but my feet could do with out it :)

(Also, DC Tri Club members: go vote for me! I masochistically want to be on the board for next year. Because I thought I might have all this free time, what with IM training and all...)

Run
  • 1h 42m
  • 9.02 miles
  • 11m 19s /Mi

nice little z1/2 run. Yay for Taper!!!

Wanted to do this yesterday but elected to sleep in and hit yoga instead. Needed to rest. Plus, it was raining, and while I care about training, at this point, not THAT much.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 30m

Saw the ART dude. He thinks I'm going to have a great race, as my "legs feel awesome". well duh. I'm a leg girl! :)

My coworker/friend who is coming out to do Sunmart 50k with us just said: "I think I'll shoot for like... I dunno, 4 hours or so." I officially hate this guy. 

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 15m

I didn't much care for this teacher, but it got the job done. Utilitarian yoga. Whatever keeps the legs stretchy, right?

Chippy's Training Log

December 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance