Bike
  • 1h 39m 51s
  • 23.67 miles
  • 14.22 Mi/hr

Bike commute. Morning commute was really nice. I had to take a little bit longer way in because the railroad crossing on my road is closed for a few days. So the morning commute was around 8.7 miles. Average mph was right at 15mph.

Afternoon commute was blech! I planned to take a little longer route and do some exploring on some backroads. Started off ok. Had to slow down for about a mile or two of gravel road. After I got back onto regular pavement, I just couldn't muster any energy. I was fighting a headwind and I was SO hungry. Dang, I knew I should have eaten a snack before I set out. I was just kind of bonking and it was really starting to suck. Fortunately the last 5 miles or so was with a tailwind so that made it a little better. Total route home was about 14.9 miles and only about 14 mph average if that.

Sorry I haven't been getting to my inspires folks!  I have been so busy the past few days.  Just enough to time to sit down and log my workouts and off I go again.  I know you have all been having great workouts so keep it up!

Run
  • 28m 09s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

Lunchtime run outside. Tried to make this a tempo type run. Felt sluggish at the beginning and end, but really good in the middle.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 21m 20s

Walking before and after running.

Swim
  • 43m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m 52s /100 yards

5pm lap swim at the Y. Warm up: 100y bs, 100y fs. Main set: 200y X 6 on 5:45. Ended up pretty consistantly having 41-43 secs of rest in between sets. Cool down: 100y bs

Well, I didn't think I was going to get a workout in today because today is STRAWBERRY JAM MAKING DAY!  I picked strawberries this morning, ate lunch, took a short nap and then started getting everything ready.   I thought I had enough canning lids, but turned out I was short.  So since I had to go to the store anyway, I just planned a trip to the Y to swim  (between batch 1 and batch 2).  I'll be up kind of late with the second batch and won't get to the third batch until tomorrow night, but at least I got to swim.

Bike
  • 3h 33m 53s
  • 49.16 miles
  • 13.79 Mi/hr

Sunday in June bike tour, Burton, Ohio. I love this ride. It's been a few years since I've done it, but I absolutely love it. I had been debating about doing the 50 mile route vs. the metric century and decided on the shorter route. It was a good decision as I have been a bike slacker so far this season. The area is relatively hilly (well anything is hilly compared to where I live). I think the 50 mile route had something like 1600 feet of climbing and the 62 mile route had 3000 feet of climbing. I could have easily done a flat metric century, but my legs would have been yelling at me if I had done today's route. Right now my legs are tired, but in a good way. It was a perfectly beautiful ride.

It still boggles my mind what some of the sprint triathlons charge for entry fees.  Just for comparison.  Today's bike tour was $26 for same day registration.  Well it would have been $18 if I had done early registration.  Routes of 25, 50, 62 or 100 miles.  Routes were well marked and there were support people everywhere.  Well maybe not everywhere, but I saw them A LOT.   I did the 50 mile route and had two snack stop breaks complete with grapes, bananas, apples, watermelon, granola bars, huge cookies, water and gatorade.  The century route had 4 snack stops.  Then afterwards lunch (or after the first 62 miles for the century riders): rigatoni, chicken, salad, garlic bread, more HUGE cookies, and lemonade.   It was REALLY good.

There is a USAT sprint and HIM triathlon close to me in August.  Same day registration fee for the sprint is $90.  For that price, they better serve a steak dinner!  Actually the entry form/web site information page doesn't even mention post race meal, but I have to believe that there is one.   I am in total utter amazement though.   Even the early registration fee is $65.  I just don't get it.

I think I'll stick with my local YMCA tri for $30.  Gosh, I am in sticker shock.

Rest day!  This is too weird.  I don't have to work.  I don't have to workout.  This hasn't happened in EONS!  Oh, but I do have plenty to do around the house.  MAYBE I can get something accomplished today.  Or maybe I'll just take a lazy day.  Hmmmmm?  Probably a little of both.

I am so looking forward to the bike tour tomorrow.  It is going to be chilly in the morning though (low 40's), but will be mild and sunny during the day.  Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaw!

Swim
  • 53m
  • 1900.00 yards
  • 02m 47s /100 yards

Warm up: 100y breaststroke
Then swam a continuous mile. It's been a little while since I did that. Nice and easy tonight. Felt good and my arms are really tired. Mixed up strokes, but I am doing more and more free everytime I do this.

Tonight was 700y free, 100y breast, 500y free, 100y breast, 100y free, 100y breast, 200y free. I think that adds up to 1800 yards. :~)

Run
  • 51m 31s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 10m 18s /Mi

My next PB and my next increase on my long run. Ran outside at lunchtime. Temps around 70 and sunny. I felt really good the first 35 minutes then I started to feel hot. Hey at least I got farther before getting hot than my last lunchtime run. And even though I did feel too warm, I still felt ok and was easily able to finish the run.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

Walking before and after run. About 1/2 before and 1/2 after.

OK, what I learned on my run today.  Always, and I mean ALWAYS, bring a little spare money with you.  About 40 minutes into my run, I was feeling mighty warm.  I did have water with me so not a big deal, but then I passed the cutest kids that had set up a lemonade stand.  Doh!  I would have definitely stopped but I had no money.  Stupid me!

I still find it utterly incredible that I can now run for 5 miles without stopping.  I know a bunch of you out there know the feeling.  It is absolutely amazing!

I am feeling absolutely great this week.  Not tired at all, but I need to be working in a rest day.  I was so glad to get the long run done today so that either tomorrow or Saturday can be a do nothing day.  I hope to swim one of those two days (tomorrow preferred).  Then the 50 mile bike tour on Sunday.  :)

drdi's Training Log

June 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals