Had to work all morning.  Rained hard all morning and sprinkled on and off all afternoon.  We only got an inch of rain that we didn't need because everything was still wet from the last rain.  Really need to mow the lawn, but now it is a swamp once again.  At least we didn't get it as bad as the northern part of the county where there were reports of 7 inches of rain!

Today pretty much turned into a rest day.  I did get my new bike computer on the bike.  Hopefully will test it out tomorrow on a long bike ride.  Might as well have fun while I'm waiting for the lawn to dry out!

Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

OWS Lake Erie

Sue, her son and I went down to the lake to swim tonight.  The big lake was pretty wavy tonight.  At least, the biggest waves that we have swam in so far.  I was REALLY tired at the end of swimming through all the waves, but I was surprised I was still able to bilateral breathe pretty well.  Very few breaking waves where we were.  More just swells.  Felt like a bobber bobbing in the water some of the time.  So not a long workout, but a good one.  Oh and lots of water up my nose everytime a wave would decide to break over my face.  Just a minor annoyance.

Bike
  • 1h 31m 56s
  • 22.10 miles
  • 14.42 Mi/hr

Bike commute to work and back home.

Bike commute a.m.:  16.5 miles / 1:05:12 / 15.18 mph average.  I had a VERY nice commute this morning.  I felt good.  The weather was nice.  No dogs tried to follow me all the way to work.  It was just very nice.

Bike commute p.m.:  5.6 miles/ 26:44 / 12.57 mph average.  OK, just a little different.  I felt really sluggish after spending most of the day sitting in a training session.  Then I had bumped my helmet mirror earlier in the day and I spent a good chunk of the ride home trying to fix the mirror while coasting along.  I think I MAY have the dang thing close to where I like it.  YEESH!  :)

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 03m /100 yards

5pm lap swim at the Y
Warm up: 100 bs, 100 fs
Main set: 200y X 6 on 5:45, most sets ended up with 35-40 seconds rest, but my very first set had 52 secs rest! That was fast for me. LOL!
Cool down: talking then 100y bs

Seems like forever since I've swam sets at the pool.  The Masters swim coach was there and still trying to get me to join.  I know it would be good for me, but the swim time often conflicts with my work.  I would be able to get there MAYBE once a month.  Probably should just go ahead and do it.  Every little bit helps.

Bike
  • 1h 20m 50s
  • 19.20 miles
  • 14.25 Mi/hr

Bike commute to work and back.

HAPPY BT BIRTHDAY TO ME! 

I started logging on BT exactly one year ago today!  Here is my first log entry:

[quote]July 18, 2005:  Just started keeping a journal today. I've been doing the walk/run bit for a month or two. Currently I am at 12 minutes of running per session. Today I did 6 sets of run 2 min/walk 2 min plus additional walking before and after.
[/quote]

Pretty cool how far I have come with a goal and the help of BT.

Today's workout:  Bike commute a.m.: 13.6 miles / 57:35

Bike commute p.m.: 5.6 miles / 23:15

Easy spin this morning to work and then again back home.  Felt good with just a little bit of stiffness.  The weather was much cooler today than yesterday so that was nice. 

Sue and I were dissecting the race all day at work today.  We both had so much fun.  I would have never thought about doing something crazy like a triathlon if it hadn't been for her.

There is another local tri in September.  So maybe ............  ???????

Unplanned trip to Columbus and back today.  Seven hours of driving.  :(  Hot here, just like practically everywhere in the U.S..  Still feel good about the race yesterday.   Next two goals: get my achilles tendon healed (decrease run volume, increase bike and swim, do all my exercises and stretching, and all that jazz) and increase my biking to get ready for a century ride.  Hmmmm?  Funny how those two things go together!
Bike
  • 32m 21s
  • 9.25 miles
  • 17.16 Mi/hr
Run
  • 28m 12s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 09m 24s /Mi
Swim
  • 10m 53s
  • 440.00 yards
  • 02m 28s /100 yards

Just got back from my first tri.  Sue and I had a GREAT time.  We finished only about a minute apart from each other.  Times are off my watch.  Official times will not be posted for a couple of days.  My total watch time was 1:15:41. official time 1:15:43.  The official times are in my race report.  The swim/bike/run times in my log are off my watch. 

Oh and I got 2nd in my AG!  Pretty amazing!  Race report later.  11pm: race report done!  I am tired and need to go to bed.

drdi's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals