Bike
  • 2h 04m 14s
  • 30.50 miles
  • 14.73 Mi/hr

Still no bike 'puter. :( Stats taken with watch and gmap.

Had to go into the clinic this morning to check a sick dog. Biked in the 5.6 miles to the clinic, took care of the dog and then left from there on my bike ride.

What a beautiful morning for a bike ride!  My Sunday morning bike rides are few and far between since I took up running.  Sundays have now become my long run day, but since I am laid up from running, the bike got to go for a ride.  And on the achilles tendon front, right now it feels perfectly normal.  Didn't notice any stiffness when I got out of bed this morning either.  :)  If things stay good, I'll probably go for a light jog on Tuesday so see how things feel.

Marathon weed whacking afternoon.  Plus I stripped two of the chicken pens.  Arms are tired.  Back is tired.  Whole body tired.

Bike
  • 46m 17s
  • 11.28 miles
  • 14.62 Mi/hr

Had to work this morning so I rode my bike. Direct route to and from. Bike commuted three times this week!!!!! Yippee!!!

Swim
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

2nd OWS practice in Lake Erie.

Alright!  MUCH better OWS experience today.  Went back down to Lake Erie to swim.  Was able to do a lot more freestyle and felt pretty comfortable.  Still have to learn sighting better.  Did not have any of the dizziness or sea sickness that I felt the last time.  Thank goodness!  Sue and I unintentionally ran into each other at one point.  I think I whacked her on the head.  We both stopped and started laughing.  Good practice for next weekend's tri!

Did a lot more research on the Achilles Tendon thing going on.  I have a plan!  Cause and treatment very similar to the plantar fasciitis nemesis of mine.  Found some good material on grading of the injury and when exactly I can start running again.  I have VERY low grade symptoms so should be able to do some light jogging next week.  Treatment:  LOTS of stretching, ice, yada yada.  Also the night sock that I used for my PF is suppose to be beneficial for this too.  Started that last night.  I feel much better about being able to manage this.  Everything I read said no problem with biking (and of course swimming is ok too).  So I look at this as a way to improve my biking!

Bike
  • 1h 26m 01s
  • 21.74 miles
  • 15.16 Mi/hr

Same as two days ago. AM bike commute: 16.1 miles / PM bike commute 5.64 miles.

Nice workout on the way to work this morning. Did the route about 1 minute faster than on Wednesday. After work I took it easy because I went out to dinner for my brother's birthday and knew I wouldn't have time to shower. Everyone probably appreciated me not being all sweaty.

On the go all day today and tonight.  Just enough time to enter today's workout and I am off to bed!  Tomorrow Sue and I are going back to Lake Erie to swim again.  Wheeeeeeeeee Doggies!

Probably going to just take today off.  Still stressing over getting everything done for company coming on Monday.  I have to work Saturday.  Going out to dinner for my brother's birthday tomorrow.  Want to get in at least a short swim in the lake this weekend.  Doesn't leave much time for getting things done.

Achilles tendon is still sore, but better than yesterday.  Hopefully a few days off of running will be all it needs.  Time will tell.

Bike
  • 1h 23m 36s
  • 21.74 miles
  • 15.60 Mi/hr

Until my new bike computer comes, all stats are with my watch and gmap.

am commute to work: left early and took a longer route in. I had a really nice ride! I have so much to do tonight at home so I will just take the short route home.

pm commute home: direct route. Felt tired when I left the office, but became more and more energized the further I rode. Good energy vibes coming from the bike tonight. 5.64 miles in 21:20. This MIGHT be the first time I rode this route in under 22 minutes. Not for sure.

My first glitch in my half mary plan and it is only week 2.  So there I was yesterday happily running along when the achilles tendon on my good leg started feeling a little "tight" toward the end of the run.  Did some good long stretching afterwards and felt ok.  Later in the day, the tendon became sore.  Actually the only time I feel it is when I am walking.  I can move it, stretch it, press on it every which way and it doesn't hurt.  But it hurts enough when I walk that I limp for a few steps when I first get up.  Didn't bother me one bit on my bike commute today.  Still this is not good!  I know the injury drill and all it entails.  rest, ice, blah blah blah blah blah.  I've never had this particular part of my body become sore though and I know tendons can be a pain to heal.   I would like to blame my PF in my other foot causing my gait to be uneven, but my PF has been REALLY good for several weeks now and has not (knowingly) affected my running form. 

I am so injury prone it is pathetic.  Even in my younger days it was no different.  There is one big difference between now and my youth though.  Back then, if I got injured I just quit what I was doing.  Now I rest, recover and try and research how to try and keep it from happening again (like that is possible).  I AM NOT QUITTING!

Run
  • 29m 03s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

Ran my home 5k route. Raining and humid. Temps right around 70 degrees at 8:30am.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Warm up: walk 0.4 miles/7 mins
Cool down: walk 0.4 miles/7 mins

1st run of 1/2 mary plan week 2.  Supposed to be 3 mile tempo run at 9:45 pace.  Went too fast, but it's good to know I can slow it down some because next week the tempo run goes up to 4 miles.  Again I felt pretty good except the humidity was miserable.  Supposedly this weather front is to move through today/tonight and then things are going to clear out.  I hope so because everything is so gosh darn soggy.

100% total lack of motivation today.  I have so much to do around the house/farm right now that I don't even know where to begin.  I did get some things done today, but it's a drop in the bucket.  Usually if I get outside and workout, it relaxes me and makes me feel better.  Just couldn't seem to justify to stop mowing the lawn to workout.  Now I am left with no workout done and a "to do" list that doesn't seem to be getting smaller. 

I will get up tomorrow morning though and go for a run.  Hopefully that will get the day started off right.

drdi's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals