Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 40m

6.2 miles. Greenway Corridor rail trail in Lake County. Decided to take Molly the dog on a little road trip one county over to walk part of a bike and hike trail that I haven't been on before. Nice little trail. Temps were right around 32F and partly sunny. Pace works out to just over 16 min/miles which is pretty good because it includes a doggy pit stop/clean up the trail on the way out and a human pit stop on the way back. So actually walking pace was probably 15 min/miles or just a little faster.

Run
  • 29m 35s
  • 3.07 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

I suck at prediction runs. LOL! Had fun though! See RR for full details.

Swim
  • 58m
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 02m 46s /100 yards

8am lap swim. First half there were only 2 of us in the entire pool swimming. Last half I was mostly swimming in the pool by myself because the other swimmer was talking to the guard. SWEET!
Warm up: 50y breast, 50y free X 3
Then 50y free X 10 w/ 20s rest. 1:03, 1:02, 1:02, 1:02, 1:03, 1:03, 1:04, 1:04, 1:04, 1:05.
Then 100y breaststroke.
Then 500y free (semi easy) 12:36
Then 100y breaststroke.
Then 500y free (easy) 13:02
Cool down: 100y breaststroke.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 17m

Did some good stretches when I got home after the race.

Ended up getting about 5 inches of snow overnight.  Decided to go ahead with my plans.  So out the door at 7:15am to go swim.  Roads were horrible!  I was rewarded with a mostly empty pool though.  :)  :)   By the time I was done swimming, it had stopped snowing so I drove over to the start of the 5k run.  Not many people showed up and the roads were horribly snowy in spots, but it was a fun run.

Ok, today is now an official rest day!

Had somewhat of a scare yesterday.  DH's father had an accident with his truck and got pinned between the truck door and the garage door frame.  Has a broken clavicle and the local hospital was worried about internal bleeding so they flew him to the trauma unit in Columbus.  So DH drove down there last night.  DH called this morning and everything looks fine.  No bleeding.  No surgery will be needed.  Going to send Dad home either today or tomorrow.

The weather forecast is changing minute by minute.  We are suppose to get snow, but depending on the moment, the forecast has changed from 1 inch to 5 inches to who knows what.  Might make for an interesting prediction 5k run tomorrow.  If the weather is too bad, I am not going!  So there!

Run
  • 35m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 10m /Mi

7am Treadmill run after swimming. A little tired overall, but my legs and achilles felt very fine today. Of course the tendon stiffens up as the day goes on, but it felt great during the run.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1100.00 yards
  • 02m 44s /100 yards

6am lap swim.
Warm up: 50y breast, 50y free X 3
Main set: 100y free X 6 w/ 30s rest. 2:13, 2;16, 2:18, 2:20, 2:20, 2:19.
Cool down: 50y breast, 50y free X 2.

Felt ok today, but no stamina. Did good on my first 100y but then rapidly tired with each 100y.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 16m

Treadmill walking before and after run. Warm up and cool down, 10 min. each, 4.2 mph.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 20m

Treadmill walking before and after run. Warm up and cool down, 10 min. each, 4.2 mph.

In less than 12 hours, the weather turned from dry and in the 60's, to pouring rain, flooding, freezing rain and then snow.  The roads were HORRIBLE on the way to the Y this morning.  Almost turned around to go back home.  I didn't sleep very well last night either.  Wind and rain blowing all night.  Probably why the lackluster workout this morning.  I am glad I went though.  I always feel good after a workout.

Bike
  • 40m 15s
  • 9.85 miles
  • 14.68 Mi/hr

B*tch of a headwind/crosswind a good chunk of the loop. But you know what? Oh it feels so good to be riding the bike outside!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 21m

Nice stretching session after the bike ride.

Ok, everyone.  I will catch on my inspires (hopefully) tomorrow evening.  Just finished supper and I HAVE to get to bed early if I want to get up at 4:15am tomorrow to swim.  Later...........................

So the Iditarod prevailed last night.  Was up until after midnight listening to live radio of the finish.  It's ok anyways because Wednesdays are usually my day off from training.  So a day off it is!  Scratch the rest day.  Got home from work.  58 degrees.  Not raining.  Light outside.  I HAD to take advantage of that and take a ride around the "block".  Weather is turning cold again and this may be the last chance to ride for a week or more.  It will work out much better anyway to take my day off on Friday.

Run
  • 33m 36s
  • 3.47 miles
  • 09m 41s /Mi

Lunchtime run with Sue! What a nice change of pace to have someone to run with. I ran 3.5 miles and she continued on to do 5 miles (she's training for a half mary in May). Temps were well up into the sixties. Both of us felt the "heat" as we are not acclimated to any kind of warm temps yet. Still it was a beautiful day outside.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 12m

Walking. warm up 10 mins. cool down 10 mins.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 20m

Walking. warm up 10 mins. cool down 10 mins.

Ok, so I want to go to bed so I can get up early and swim.  But I also want to stay up late and watch Lance Mackey (hopefully) win the Iditarod Sled Dog race.  The race has been so exciting this year!  I can't seem to drag myself away from the 'puter.  So far the Iditarod is beating out swimming. 

What a beautiful day for a run!

Bike
  • 29m 36s
  • 7.59 miles
  • 15.39 Mi/hr

First outside bike ride of the season. 50F temps. Yippee!!!! I now have green on my mini graph!

Swim
  • 43m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 02m 41s /100 yards

5pm lap swim.
100y breast, 500y free, 50y breast, 500y free, 50y breast, 100y free, 100y breast, 100y free, 100y breast.

A decent swim. My arms were sore and tired from a morning of spring cleaning. Lots of scrubbing things and mopping the floor!

I spy something green!  More later......   I rode my bike for the first time this season.  :)

drdi's Training Log

March 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals