Run
  • 39m 07s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 09m 47s /Mi

6:15am Start at Home 5k route, but instead of going straight, turn and do Old Kyle out and back.

It took a couple of miles to get warmed up (about 28F degrees out), but after that, lots of happy running thoughts! Birds singing. Sun shining. Good stuff!

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Walking as warm up/cool down.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 14m

Walking as warm up/cool down.

Who is the funny person who changed the weather forecast for Sunday?  It WAS going to be around 50 with a slight chance of rain.  NOW it is going to be in the low 30's with a rain/snow mix.  Oh what a fun day for a biathlon!

I did NOT want to get up when the alarm went off this morning.  I am so glad I had a lot of external stuff pushing me to get up and do my run this morning.  The weather is going to turn bad this afternoon and my schedule is tight.  Once I got going, I felt GREAT, but oh, those first moments out of bed can be hard sometimes.

Swim
  • 1h 05m
  • 2300.00 yards
  • 02m 50s /100 yards

6am lap swim.
Warm up: 100y breast.
1000y free. (2:20, 2:21, 2:27, 2:26, 2:29, 2:36, 10:07 for 400y = 24:46)
100y breast
500y free (2:20, 2:25, 2:30, 2:22, 2:26 = 12:03)
100y breast
500y free (2:25, 2:26, 2:26, 2:28, 2:24 = 12:09)
100y breast

One of the really nice guys at the pool (and a beautiful swimmer!) told me I was dropping my elbow too low underwater. Dang I thought I was doing better at the high elbow thing! Well, he was watching me at the end so I hope it was just some fatigue setting in. I was tired! My lats, triceps and deltoid are where I feel the tiredness (in that order). My times showed it too. I guess that's what happens trying to swim back to back long (for me) swim days.

I'd love to swim on alternate days, but if I want to swim 3 days a week with the pool's stupid schedule, then there will be at least two days back to back every week.  Not ideal, but it's the way it is.

Should have one more swim this week on Thursday.  My next lesson is this Sunday.  Yes you got that right.  I'm going to race a biathlon in the morning and swim lesson in the afternoon.  Yes I am nuts!

Swim
  • 55m
  • 1975.00 yards
  • 02m 47s /100 yards

500y free 11:09 (forgot to get splits, 2:14/100y average)
50y free X 7 w/ 20s rest between. :58, :59, 1:00, 1:00, 1:00, 1:00, :59
50y breast
50y pull
150y pull, armpit drill
50y breast
200y kick
100y free with fins X 4 with 30s rest between. 1:31, 1:33, 1:32, 1:31 (I like fins!)
125y breast

Don't know why my 50y times are a little slower than 2 weeks ago? My 100y times are staying the same. My 500y times have improved a lot. Oh well, keep plugging away.

Good pool workout today.  I was pooped when I got finished!

Run
  • 42m 04s
  • 4.27 miles
  • 09m 51s /Mi

10:30am. I am SO glad I got my run in today. When I got up this morning, the snowplows had already been down the road and the roads were in decent shape. Yay! I was kind of dreading going out though because it is still snowing, but it turned out to be a really good run. Everything is so pretty and clean and white.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Walking split before and after run.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 14m 23s

Walking split before and after run.

Still snowing.  Totals so far: 25 inches of snow over the past three days.  Because of melting and compaction, only about 12 inches of actual snow on the ground.  The roads are in surprisingly good shape; but then again, the road crews around here are used to this.  Good job!!!!!  The robins look a little startled.  I bet they are wishing they hadn't traveled up north this far yet.

Big family get together for Easter Sunday.  Is it kind of ironic that I made deviled eggs for Easter?  ;)

Sport #1
  • Stairmaster
  • 45m

3pm workout at the YMCA
Stairmaster, followed by 2 miles of walking on the treadmill, followed by stretching.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 15m

3pm workout at the YMCA
Stairmaster, followed by 2 miles of walking on the treadmill, followed by stretching.

Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 30m

3pm workout at the YMCA

DH and I headed out together to workout at the Y this afternoon.  Cold and snowy outside.  Had 5 inches of new snow overnight.  Has been snowing off and on all day.  Could see 4-8 inches more tonight, maybe, who knows with lake effect.   LOL!  I was hoping to run outside tomorrow, but I won't be able to if it snows a lot.  It's a death wish to try and run on the country roads with the snow plows out in force.  The Y is closed for Easter Sunday so right now the weather dictates if I workout tomorrow or not.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 02m 30s /100 yards

5pm lap swim.
800y free. 18:37 (100y splits: 2:11, 2:22, 2:15, 2:22, 2:21, 2:21, 2:23, 2:22)
100y breast
pee break
500y free. 11:58 (100y splits: 2:24, 2:25, 2:22, 2:28, 2:19)
100y breast

Decompression swim after work. Did not do any specific workout except my swim coach did want me to swim 800y straight at least once a week in order to get ready for my 500y swim for this year's first tri.

And the BIG positive side of a late afternoon swim on Good Friday....... I had to pool to myself! Cool!

The day started out all whacky.  I set the alarm to get up and go to lap swim before work.  Must have bumped the volume on the clock radio because I slept right through the alarm.  When I finally did wake up, I could barely hear the radio playing.  Of course by then it was too late to go swim.

So I took all my swim stuff to work so I could leave directly from work to go swim.  I was a little late to lap swim this afternoon.  I thought I would be able to get out of work early, but my surgeries ran a little bit longer than anticipated.   I spayed the beagle that I am going to adopt from the APL today and she also had a small mammary tumor that needed removed.  I didn't know about it before hand so that added a little time to the procedure.

Been snowing off and on all day and I don't think the temps ever got out of the 20's.  We are still under a lake effect snow warning through tomorrow.  That means we can get anywhere from zero inches to a foot of snow.  So far we've dodged the bullet pretty good.  Probably got about 4-5 inches yesterday, but most of it is melting because the ground is so warm.  The snow just barely covers the grass.  The roads are all ice and snow though.  Yuck!

As I type this, the Cleveland Indians have played 5 innings of their home opener and are in a snow delay.  Egads!

I'm blowing off swimming today.  Yep that's right!  I don't do this very often, but I'm going to take the liberty of doing it today!  Minor reasons: I'm due for a rest day.  I swam 4 times last week so if I only swim twice this week it will even out my usual 3X's/week.  Aunt Flo just came for her monthly visit.  The major reason though is that we got several inches of snow last night.  It's still snowing and the roads are horrible.  I made the drive to the pool in snowy slippery weather all winter long and you know what?  I am sick of making that drive in bad weather.  Plain and simple.  If the drive were just a few miles, it would be different, but it's 15 miles of slip and slide.  I am not going and you can't make me.  ;)  ;)

drdi's Training Log

April 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals