Run
  • 46m 20s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

Race day! Beautiful weather! Good friends! Course that traveled through a nice scenic neighborhood. Doesn't get much better than that.

46:20 is off my watch. Sue and I had the goal of a 9:15min/mile pace so we just missed it.

What a fun run today!  Sue and I are both in the 45-49 age group now.  We came in 9th and 10th in our age group (out of 12).  The winner was 38:??, second place 39:?? and third place 40:??.  Speedy, speedy women in our age group!  Hard to believe that a 9:16ish pace put us at the bottom of our age group.  My hat goes off to those other women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, Sue and I had fun and ran almost the whole race together.  I sprinted up the hill toward the finish because I wanted to beat an older guy in front of us.  LOL!  Sue was just a few seconds behind me.

Oh the other cool thing.  The first place overall female winner came in third overall.  She was smokin' fast!

The Maple Festival Pancake tent had an extraordinarily long line.  We were all hungry so Sue and her family left to go to a birthday party and eat there.  DH and I went to a Perkins and I ate pancakes there.  Yummy!

Race report later.........................

Rest day today before the race tomorrow.  Tomorrow will be the first time I have run 5 miles since I got injured last year.  I ran 4.25 last week with no problems at all so 5 shouldn't be bad.  I hope.  There will be some hills though which I don't really have around home.
Bike
  • 43m 21s
  • 11.29 miles
  • 15.63 Mi/hr

6:15pm What a beautiful sunny evening for a bike ride! Had to squeeze it in quick though before going out to dinner with friends.

70 miles to equal last year's April bike mileage total.  Going to be hard to do in 10 days with turkey season starting Monday.  The weather is finally cooperating though so maybe........

Run
  • 34m 33s
  • 3.56 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi

6pm Nice run on a sunny evening after work. The only part that sucked was a section after the turn around that was directly into the wind. Otherwise, I felt good.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 23m

Warm up: walk 1 mile. Cool down: walk 1 mile.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 30m

Warm up: walk 1 mile. Cool down: walk 1 mile.

The plan was to run this morning, but for some reason I set my alarm for 4:45pm instead of a.m..  DOH!  Woke up too late to run.  I did manage to get it done after work, but I think I like mornings better.  I am more tired after I get off work.  In the morning, I am ready to go!  :)

Brought Cutie the beagle home today for the first time.  Should be an interesting few days/weeks as the pack order works itself out.  Poor Molly the brittany feels all put out.  Cutie has taken over Molly's blanket in the computer room so I had to get a new one for Molly.  Such is the life of a pack animal.

Swim
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

5pm lap swim.
Another swim without counting laps. Did my usual 100y breaststroke warm up. Then did some drills. I forget what it's called, but it's where you swim up on one side and back on the other. Then start stroking every so many kicks. Then just a couple laps with the pull buoy so I could really concentrate on my stroke.
Then 50y free X 6 w/30s rest. :58, :58, :58, :56, :56, :56.
500y free (2:16, 2:19, 2:20, 2:23, 2:19=11:37)
Then some misc. stuff to cool down.

pm update: was able to leave work and make it to the lap swim only 15 minutes late.  That gave me 45 minutes to swim.

Did not run this a.m..  Going to either do an evening workout or take this as a rest day.  I'll decide after work.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

6am lap swim. I totally lost count of laps since I was doing some drills at the beginning. Other than the drills and easy breaststroke in between sets, here is what I remember.

50y free X 6 w/ 50s rest. :58, :58, :57, :58, :58, : 59.
100y free X 4 w/ 50 rest. 2:04, 2:07, 2:04, 2:05.
500y free. 11:33.

My arms were really tired today. That seemed to be the limiting factor today.

I was a little concerned yesterday.  My bad achilles ankle was really stiff in the morning.  This is not really unusual per se, but I would say it was a little worse than normal.   Warmed up nicely and felt fine on my run.  Afterwards, I stretched and iced as usual.  Within a couple hours, my ankle became VERY painful to walk on.  I could stand on it, press on it, move it around with no pain at all.  Actually, I could run on it fine.  Only walking made it hurt.  There was no swelling.  It was not coming from my achilles.  Oh great, another problem!  Yikes!  Iced it again last night and today it feels normal.  I'm going to try and squeeze a run in tomorrow morning so I'll see what happens then.   All this stuff is just too weird.  Could the kicking drills on Sunday be an issue?????  I left the kicking drills out of today's swim workout.

Run
  • 33m 58s
  • 3.56 miles
  • 09m 32s /Mi

7:30am Chose the gravel road route this morning as a continuation of be kind to knees and ankles week. Cold, windy, but it's done.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 25m

Warm up: walk 1 mile, 14:47
Cool down: walk 1 mile, 14:48
Weird how close those two times were. That doesn't happen very often.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 29m 35s

Warm up: walk 1 mile, 14:47
Cool down: walk 1 mile, 14:48
Weird how close those two times were. That doesn't happen very often.

Today's run is in honor of all those braving the conditons in Boston this morning.  Weather here is chilly (34F) and windy (22mph, gusting over 30mph), but at least it's dry.  So no whining from me because it could be much worse.  Uh, like in .........  BOSTON!

Good luck to all who are running in Boston!!!!!

drdi's Training Log

April 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals