Hunted the morning.  QUIET morning.  I did have a pair of wood ducks hanging around me for quite awhile.  I still think its funny to see a duck sitting in a tree.

Mowed grass all afternoon.  I mow about 4-5 acres of grass on the farm so mowing is a 4+ hour job.  Once again, I had thought I might make it to swim in the afternoon, but ran out of time.

Bike
  • 58m 31s
  • 15.18 miles
  • 15.56 Mi/hr

Time includes short run out of transition with my bike. Bike course the same as run course except it was 5 laps around the lake.

Run
  • 26m 52s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 58s /Mi

Course was one lap around Hinckley Lake.

Time is somewhat of a guess. The race is manually timed and only records overall time. When I finally remembered to hit the lap button on my watch, it read 27:02. I figured that I had been in transition around 10 seconds when the light bulb went on.

Race time - 1:26:29.   Not too many women there this time.  The duathlon always has more participants than the biathlon, but I think last year the biathlon had 18 women.  This year only 10.  Good for me because I got 3rd overall female.  :)  :)  Last year the bi had 55 total participants.  This year only 40.  Maybe because the date got switched and people already had plans????  The weather was absolutely perfect for a race!!!  It just doesn't get any better.

Best part was I took 5 minutes exactly off my time from last year!  I was a little worried since I have hardly biked at all this year.  I pushed the bike as hard as I could.  Max speed on the big down hill was 34.5 mph.  Yippee!!!  Wish the hill was longer though.

And the second best thing was that I won a free duathlon registration in the door prize raffle after the race!  :)   :)  Now I have something to work for.  No way could I have run after the bike today.  Of course the plan was to not hold back at all because I knew I was finished at the end of the bike leg.

Pretty uneventful morning hunt.  Napped some in the afternoon.  Then went to a spaghetti dinner to benefit the local animal shelter.  Gosh I've been a slug as far as workouts go this week.  Need to do better next week.
Thought briefly about getting up to go swim this morning.  Decided a little sleep would be best.  Getting up at 4-something a.m. every day this week was starting to get old.  I won't be able to sleep in at all this weekend either.  Up early to hunt on Saturday and race on Sunday.
Run
  • 41m 57s
  • 4.27 miles
  • 09m 49s /Mi

6pm Well I almost got through the run without getting soaked. It was just sprinkling off and on during the run. I got to the spot where I start walking to cool down and the rains came. I was soaked when I got home. Reasonably warm though with temps in the 60's although the hot shower felt good after my stretching session.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Walking as warm up/cool down.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 15m 25s

Walking as warm up/cool down.

Day 4 of turkey season.  I had so many turkeys around me that I lost count.  Gobblers, jakes, hens, everything.  Squirrels, another chubby racoon and all sorts of little birds were going about their business around me.  I had two gobblers and six jakes in range, but they were too tightly bunched together to shoot.  They eventually wandered off, but I spent a good hour and half watching the show.  Amazing!

Up at 4:20am to turkey hunt a couple hours before work.  Then had an all day surgery day scheduled.  Was thinking about swimming tonight, but I am just beat.  I haven't been swimming in a week.  Next opportunity will be Friday.  Maybe.
Run
  • 39m 12s
  • 4.10 miles
  • 09m 34s /Mi

7:00pm Start at oil well road for "home 5k" route. Add Old Kyle out and back.

Perfect evening for a run! My legs have been a little stiff and sore since the race on Sunday. It felt REALLY good to go out and run.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Walking before and after run. A little on the light side. Need to do better, but it was getting dark and I wanted to eat dinner.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 12m

Walking before and after run. A little on the light side. Need to do better, but it was getting dark and I wanted to eat dinner.

Day 2 of turkey season.  Heard some.  Only saw one way way WAY across the field.  Had to leave the woods at 7:45am to go to work.  Had a racoon wander up and I really thought he was going to crawl in my lap.  Sitting in the woods in camo is cool!  I decided that I really didn't want a mangy racoon in my lap so when he got about 2 feet away I moved my head.  Poor racoon was scared out of his mind and took off running and never looked back.

10 minute power nap at lunch.  Felt good enough to go for a run when I got home from work.  I'll probably be up at 4:??am to hunt for a couple hours before work tomorrow.  Then take a couple days off.

drdi's Training Log

April 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals