Bike
  • 1h 19m 47s
  • 16.81 miles
  • 12.64 Mi/hr

5pm Leisurely exploration of Mill Creek Metropark in Youngstown. I drove down to ride the section of next weekend's bike course that goes through the park. VERY hilly for this flatlander. Should make the run suck. LOL! Rode a loop around the park including a bit on the bike and hike trail. Too bad this park is an hour away. It's very pretty and a nice place to ride.

When I got up this morning (at 4am to go turkey hunting), the weather service was predicting sunny skies and 63F high temperature today.  Started off sunny, well until around 10am.   At noon it was 51F, cloudy and raining.  So much for that.  By afternoon, it was dry, but windy and still cloudy and in the low 50's.  That's what happens when the north wind blows over a large body of cold water.  Chilly!!!!!!  Drove the 50 miles south to ride part of the triathlon bike course and down there it was sunny and 65F.  Hmmmm 15 degrees warmer every 50 miles south?  I wonder what the temperature would be in Florida? 

Was going to ride my bike when I got home from work.  Instead had to do an emergency c-section on a cat.  Did deliver 3 live kittens.  :)  Now it's dark and I'm hungry so I guess today is a "rest" day.

I am celebrating the end of a long week of early mornings and late nights and I am now officially NOT on call for a whole week!  So tonight I am having a beer!  I got to laughing about this.  I do love a good cold beer, but when I went to the fridge, I realized that I am still working on the last of a case of beer that I bought for a party here last fall.  Obviously I don't drink enough beer!  LOL!

Run
  • 40m 36s
  • 4.18 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi

8:40pm Ran the back of the farm route and tacked on the end of the 5k route.

Nice evening run. I am just loving this string of good weather! Felt good. Achilles has been a little sore lately. Was sore in the beginning, but loosened up and felt fine after the first 1/2 mile. I need to start icing again. I've been slacking. Been slacking on the stretching too. Bad me.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Walking before and after run.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 22m 37s

Walking before and after run.

I run in the dark in the winter because, uh, well, it's dark a lot.  I run in the dark in the summer because I have so many outside things to do after work.  Tonight was some mowing (until I hit a big rock and bent the mower blade).  So then I continued on my work preparing the flower beds for spring planting.  Then my run.  I like it better when I run in the morning, but I really needed to sleep a little this morning.

Bike
  • 1h 05m 46s
  • 17.04 miles
  • 15.55 Mi/hr

am bike commute: 5.63 miles, 21:44

pm bike commute: 11.41 miles, 44:02 First part into the wind sucked (or blew?), but then it was fine. Except in the headwind sections, I practiced keeping my cadence between 95-100. Normal cadence in the headwind sections 85-90.

[quote]I ride my bike, I roller-skate
Don't drive no car
Don't go too fast
But I go pretty far
Ahhh, for somebody who don't drive
I been all around the world
Some people say I done all right for a girl

[/quote]

Run
  • 40m 04s
  • 4.09 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

6am Another fine spring morning. 50 degrees and sunny. It's nice running when it's light out in the morning now. Lots of trilium and wild geraniums blooming in the woods along the road.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

walking split before and after run.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 13m

walking split before and after run.

23 feet of elevation gain over 4 miles.  Now THAT is funny!

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1400.00 yards
  • 02m 52s /100 yards

5pm lap swim
Warm up: 100y breast, 100y free.
50y free X 4 w/ 30s rest. :58, :57, :58, :58
50y breast
100y free X 4 w/ 45s rest. 2:07, 2:08, 2:06, 2:08
50y breast
500y free 11:54. Bad foot cramps the last 150y. Kept swimming anyway. I know why though. I'm still a little dehydrated from hunting all morning. Couldn't quite catch up enough by swim time.
Cool down: 100y breast

I've been really concentrating on making sure I am extending my push all the way back. Thus my triceps are pooped!

Turkey success!  :)  :)  :)  Picture uploaded into my album in "Dr. Di's photos".

Bike
  • 54m 02s
  • 13.28 miles
  • 14.75 Mi/hr

Mid 50's and winds gusting 20-25 mph. Started off directly into the wind and thought I had lost every bit of fitness I ever had. Gosh it was hard. When I finally turned the corner, I realized that I could still ride a bike.

Run
  • 28m 44s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 09m 35s /Mi

Brick run. 4 minute transition to change shoes, pee and drink. My legs felt so horrible the first mile that I was totally shocked when I clicked off that mile in 9:30 (my usual pace). By mile two, my legs felt much better, but I was feeling very fatigued. It's just early in the season and I need to build up some endurance. That should come in time.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 20m

0.9 mile walk to cool down

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 14m 32s

0.9 mile walk to cool down

Slept in a little today.  Snuggled with DH.   Boy I needed that!

Brick workout.  Hard.  I was whining in my head.

drdi's Training Log

May 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals