• 40m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m 40s /100 yards

7am lap swim.
Warm up: 100y breast, 100y free
500y free. 2:12 (nice for me, but unsustainable. boo!), 2:21, 2:20, 2:23, 2:19 = 11:35. Actually it was 11:38 with all the hundreths of seconds added. I seeded myself for 11:40 at the tri. Pretty darn close. But they are splitting lanes at the tri anyway so it doesn't really matter.
50y breast
500y free easy. 2:26, 2:27, 2:31, 2:28, 2:24 = 12:16.
Cool down: Alternate 50y breast/free for 250y.

Kind of a sucky swim, but that's what happens when one becomes a pool slacker.  Next week, it's back to business as usual!

  • Walking
  • 29m

7:30pm Walk 2 miles. First mile 15:05. Second mile 13:55.

Had some delusion of being able to ride my bike after work.  What was I thinking?  Tuesdays are my evening to work until past 6pm.  So by the time I got home and did the chicken chores, it was getting dark.  I did get to chat with my neighbors a few minutes while on my walk though!  :)  :)

  • 42m 38s
  • 4.57 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

9am. I didn't feel this fast. My legs felt good, but overall my body feels tired. Going to take a couple weeks to recover from the sleep deprivation of the last few weeks.

Temp starting out was around 47F. Sprinkled a little bit in the middle, but not even enough to get wet.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Walking split before and after run.

Been awhile since I did a good focused stretching session afterwards. Felt good!

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 33m

Walking split before and after run.

Been awhile since I did a good focused stretching session afterwards. Felt good!

Had a triathlon dream while taking a quick post lunch nap.  What could go wrong?  The race must have started on the bike.  Pretty much the only thing I remember here was I got "stuck" behind some guy on a fancy road bike.  I would catch him and start to pass and then he would speed up.  This happened over and over and over again.  I was so worried I was going to get called for drafting.  We came into transition together side by side.   I was looking all over for my place in transition.  I found my spot, but I forgot to put my stuff there.  I had to go to my car and get my running shoes.  I drove my car over to transition, grabbed my running shoes and went to my transition spot to change shoes.  So then I am sitting down changing shoes and I get in a LONG conversation with a couple other racers and we talk about bike shoes and how ugly most of them are these days.  We talked about where to buy shoes local and Dick's has good deals.  ????   So now I am ready to run, but first I have to park my car again.  I am thinking the run course starts out on the bike course so I head that way and park my car.  Then I realize I am going the wrong way so I have to go back to my car, drive and park back at the race site and start my run again.  That's when I realize that I didn't go to the pre-race meeting and I didn't get assigned a chip so my race is not being timed.  I start running anyway because I am keeping time on my watch, but I can't run at all.  Typical slow motion dream stuff.  Finally I woke up.

Swim not happening.  Just spent 2 1/2 hours finishing up weeding the flower beds and I'm beat.  I've got to get to the pool sometime this week before the tri.  This really sucks.  I have way too many things to do.

There is something not right about mowing the lawn in a parka and gloves.

Didn't get my run in today.  :(  This was the last weekend of turkey season for me (because of work and the tri next weekend).  I could hunt the day tomorrow, but I think I'll just skip it.  Just finished supper at 10:15pm and I would have to get up at 3:45am.  I don't think it is going to happen.  I can hunt one or two mornings before work during the week if I want.  Need to do a lot more yard work tomorrow and I want to run and swim if I can.

  • 1h 19m 47s
  • 16.81 miles
  • 12.64 Mi/hr

5pm Leisurely exploration of Mill Creek Metropark in Youngstown. I drove down to ride the section of next weekend's bike course that goes through the park. VERY hilly for this flatlander. Should make the run suck. LOL! Rode a loop around the park including a bit on the bike and hike trail. Too bad this park is an hour away. It's very pretty and a nice place to ride.

When I got up this morning (at 4am to go turkey hunting), the weather service was predicting sunny skies and 63F high temperature today.  Started off sunny, well until around 10am.   At noon it was 51F, cloudy and raining.  So much for that.  By afternoon, it was dry, but windy and still cloudy and in the low 50's.  That's what happens when the north wind blows over a large body of cold water.  Chilly!!!!!!  Drove the 50 miles south to ride part of the triathlon bike course and down there it was sunny and 65F.  Hmmmm 15 degrees warmer every 50 miles south?  I wonder what the temperature would be in Florida? 


Was going to ride my bike when I got home from work.  Instead had to do an emergency c-section on a cat.  Did deliver 3 live kittens.  :)  Now it's dark and I'm hungry so I guess today is a "rest" day.

I am celebrating the end of a long week of early mornings and late nights and I am now officially NOT on call for a whole week!  So tonight I am having a beer!  I got to laughing about this.  I do love a good cold beer, but when I went to the fridge, I realized that I am still working on the last of a case of beer that I bought for a party here last fall.  Obviously I don't drink enough beer!  LOL!

  • 40m 36s
  • 4.18 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi

8:40pm Ran the back of the farm route and tacked on the end of the 5k route.

Nice evening run. I am just loving this string of good weather! Felt good. Achilles has been a little sore lately. Was sore in the beginning, but loosened up and felt fine after the first 1/2 mile. I need to start icing again. I've been slacking. Been slacking on the stretching too. Bad me.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Walking before and after run.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 22m 37s

Walking before and after run.

I run in the dark in the winter because, uh, well, it's dark a lot.  I run in the dark in the summer because I have so many outside things to do after work.  Tonight was some mowing (until I hit a big rock and bent the mower blade).  So then I continued on my work preparing the flower beds for spring planting.  Then my run.  I like it better when I run in the morning, but I really needed to sleep a little this morning.

drdi's Training Log

 May 2007 
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  
  • March's totals
  • February's totals
  • 2008 totals
  • 2007 totals