Run
  • 27m 09s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

7pm 5k race. Nice race, but the temps were still close to 80 degrees at race time. Not exactly ideal temps to try and PB, but Sue and I did it! I was 5/11 age group and 129/203 overall. Sue finished less than a half minute behind me 6/11 age group. Now all we have to do is "shave" 4 minutes off our 5k time and we might win the age group. Isn't that awesome? A 45-49 year old woman running a 23:something 5k. How cool!

A new PB by :21!  Yay!  (This is my watch time so I might have to edit slightly.)  My goal was sub 27:00 so I didn't quite reach my goal, but the weather wasn't very ideal either (hot, ok warm to you southerners, and somewhat humid).  Getting closer though!  :)

Congrats to Sue's son who ran his first 5k ever and finished a respectable 26:something.  Yay!!!!!!!

This week is going to be interesting.  Probably will turn into a vacation from training for the most part.  I do have the 5k race though tomorrow evening.  But I have something every evening this week, so no bike commuting because I will need my car.  My poor DH is on his own for dinner all week.  Oh, and he has got to hold down the fort back at the farm and probably do the chicken chores a couple evenings.  :)

Friday from 6pm until Saturday noon, I will be captain of a Relay for Life team.  I've never done one of these events before, but I hear they are pretty awesome.  I had a sister die of cancer about 7 years ago.  Also lost my stepmom and an aunt to cancer.  They will all have luminaries lit in their remembrance.

Planted 150 flowers and unloaded/spread 1 1/2 yards of mulch.  Plus did some pruning of one of our pine trees.  My body worked hard today, but I feel funny logging anything so I won't.  Last two days I have done quite a bit of physical work around the farm.  Good cross training I hope.  My back feels suprisingly good after two days of shoveling, bending, stooping, etc.
Full day of housework and yardwork.  No tri related training, but I did work up a sweat working outside.  :)
Bike
  • 2h 14m 18s
  • 30.65 miles
  • 13.69 Mi/hr

9:30am Nice morning ride. All I wanted to accomplish today was an easy ride with more miles than I have been doing. Mission accomplished. I actually made three brief stops along the way. One at 7 miles to check out the strawberries at a local farm. Two at 12 miles to say a quick hello to a friend and confirm that the route I chose was all on paved roads. Three at 25 miles to pick up a couple packages of smoked pork chops at the local smokehouse.

The cold front came through last night so temps were in the 60's and bright blue skies. The only down side was a gusty north wind. The majority of the first 17 miles was directly into the wind.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

My back isn't bad, but I have had a slight increase in soreness the past two days.  I feel pretty darn good on the bike as long as I am not pedaling too hard.  So since I can't bike at the intensity level that I want to, I decided to utilize the red border on my mini calendar to highlight days like today.

• Health data: Sick: 2
Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 20m

6am walk 4 miles, 13:54 pace. Pleasantly surprised that I kept the pace under 14:00.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 55m 37s

6am walk 4 miles, 13:54 pace. Pleasantly surprised that I kept the pace under 14:00.

I don't know if it was the lawn mowing yesterday evening or standing at the kitchen counter baking late last night, but my back started bothering me just a tad.  Whatever, I thought it best to not run today so I just did a brisk 4 mile walk instead.  Now I have to keep my hands off the chocolate chip cookies and the blueberry muffins that I baked last night for my Relay for Life team's bake sale.

• Health data: Sick: 2
Bike
  • 1h 36m 34s
  • 23.63 miles
  • 14.68 Mi/hr

a.m. commute. 18.0 miles, 1:11:52, 15.0mph average. Finally able to arrange my schedule to take the longer route into work this morning. First 5 miles mostly uphill and into the wind. That was ugly. The tailwind sections were grand! Warm front on its way so it was quite breezy this morning. Other than the wind, a beautiful morning for a ride into work.

p.m. commute. 5.63 miles, 24:42, 13.7 mph average. Hot and windy. No, I mean HOT AND WINDY. Wind on the way home was all headwind or crosswind. The crosswinds were strong enough to push me sideways a bit. Just took it easy and spun my way home.

How can I have a nice filling breakfast of an egg and cheese on whole grain english muffin and a large glass of OJ and then ride my bike to work and all I can think about is devouring a large pizza?  Then when I left work I wasn't hungry at all, but during the bike ride, I kept thinking about that pizza again!  yeesh!  :)

drdi's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals