Bike
  • 1h 20m 38s
  • 19.56 miles
  • 14.55 Mi/hr

a.m. commute. 23:57, 5.63 miles, 14.1 mph average.

p.m. commute. 56:41, 13.93 miles, 14.75 mph average.

Not the planned miles, but at least some miles. Was going to do the longer route in the a.m., but it was pretty foggy early so I chose the shorter route. I was wanting to do a 20-25 mile ride on the way home, but I left work late and then had to run into town to do an errand before heading home. So the first couple miles on the ride home were in stop and go traffic, but I didn't separate them out.

Well this might be good news.  I was really doubtful that I was going to be able to do our local triathlon next month BUT now there is a possibility of putting together a relay team with me on the bike leg.  :)  :)  This might just work.  If it doesn't pan out, maybe I will just volunteer. 

• Health data: Sick: 3
Swim
  • 35m
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 02m 55s /100 yards

6am lap swim
100y breast
100y free X 10 on 3:00
100y breast

BORING! All I could think about was how nice it was outside and how I should be outside working out.

Sport
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 15m

Tried some pool running this morning. Don't know if I was doing it properly or not, but I was doing something.

Bike
  • 1h 30m 24s
  • 22.50 miles
  • 14.93 Mi/hr

11:30am Hot and breezy ride. I love my bike. Nice loop south and east of home. Coming down a hill I had to brake for a deer. Probably passed about 15 feet in front of me. That collision would have ruined my day.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 20m

Lotsa weed whacking in the morning before it got too hot.

Sport #2
  • Yard Work
  • -----

Lotsa weed whacking in the morning before it got too hot.

Weed whacking/bike brick.

Back on the disabled list.  About a week ago, I noticed some soreness in my left achilles which is opposite the one that has been giving me all the trouble for the past 11 months.  I was hoping with lots of icing and cutting way back on my volume that it would be ok.  Ok cutting back on volume.  That is so funny.  I run around 10-12 mpw.  [sarc]Yep, I've been really going all out on my mileage.[/sarc]  Jeez!   It felt ok during my 2am jog around the track yesterday.  Maybe it was all the dancing and cheering?  All I know is that it is VERY sore today.  I'm not going to push it any further so me and my bike are going to be best friends until further notice.  I guess the pool is calling me too.

Run
  • 11m
  • 1.20 miles
  • 09m 10s /Mi

2am Time and distance estimated. Ran 4 laps during my hour-long walking shift.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 45m

Relay for Life walking. 2am to 3:10am. 5am to 6:15am. And a couple 15-20 minute stints between 8:30am and 11am.

All night party.  We danced, cheered and rang cowbells so much.  Thought I might have slightly pulled my hamstring during one of the dance songs, but feels ok now.  LOL!  DJ played dance music all night long.  We got admonished by one of the nearby campsites for ringing our cowbells too loud at about 12:30am.  We did tone it down some after that.  Actually after 3am we pretty much took turns walking and napping until our relief crew started showing up at 6am.  Didn't start the cowbells and cheering back up until after 8am.  The walking wasn't bad, but I think the dancing and cheering did me in.  :)  :)  :)  :)

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

6:30pm Relay for Life. Walked the first half hour with one of my co-workers until the rest of our team started to show up. Then I sat at the campsite and cheered as team members went by.

6pm Start of Relay for Life.  What an awesome experience.  From all the stories, the fun contests and events to the 800+ luminaries that were lit at dusk.  Each one with the name of a cancer victim or survivor or someone going through the battle right now.  It was awesome.  Our team was properly equipped with two cowbells so each time a team member would walk by our campsite we would loudly ring the cowbells and cheer.  We were so annoying.  :)  :)  :)

My training vacation is almost over.  Will be able to at least log some walking the next two days.  Then hopefully get some sleep Saturday afternoon and back to working out Sunday or Monday depending on how I recover from tonight's sleep deprivation fest.

ICE ICE BABY!  Ice is a wonderful thing.  I love ice.  Ice makes everything better!

I've been so lazy about ice lately, but I've got my motivation back!  Thanks Bill!

drdi's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals