Bike
  • 1h 33m 44s
  • 23.50 miles
  • 15.04 Mi/hr

a.m. commute. 1:11:14, 17.86 miles, 15 mph average. HUMID! I was soaking wet by the time I got to work. Cold front should be through by lunch so should be better for the ride home.

p.m. commute. 22:30, 5.64 miles, 15 mph average. So I'm happily starting out my ride home and I look in my little helmet mirror and there, ever so politely, perched on my shoulder is a little black spider. Ok, I don't like spiders. Nothing rational here, but that's how it is. Good thing there was no traffic because it took several swats and some drunken swerving to get the dang thing off my shoulder. LOL!

Rode past a herd of longhorn cows and calves this morning.  I was thinking how it's a really good thing that the calves are not born with horns already.  ;)

• Health data: Sick: 2
Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 15m

6am 4 mile walk before work. 15:02, 14:33, 14:19, 14:34. Still experiencing some achilles soreness (mostly in the first one I injured) off and on. Taking it day by day before I decide how long to give running a break, but I'm guessing it will be at least a month. Time will tell.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 58m 28s

6am 4 mile walk before work. 15:02, 14:33, 14:19, 14:34. Still experiencing some achilles soreness (mostly in the first one I injured) off and on. Taking it day by day before I decide how long to give running a break, but I'm guessing it will be at least a month. Time will tell.

Decided to walk before work instead of bike commute due to the prediction of afternoon thunderstorms.  Plus if I drive into work today, I can take the stinky beagle with me for a scrubby in the tubby.  :)

• Health data: Sick: 3
Swim
  • 35m
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 02m 55s /100 yards

6am lap swim.
100y breast.
Ladder, free style. 100y, 100y (trouble getting off the first rung, LOL!), 200y, 300y, 200y, 100y.
100y breast.

I really concentrated on my pull today. Now my arms feel like jello.

Sport
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 25m

I think I'm getting the hang of this water running because now my legs feel like jello. Feeling good!

Bike
  • 1h 26m 35s
  • 21.74 miles
  • 15.07 Mi/hr

a.m. commute. 22:23, 5.62 miles, 15 mph average.

p.m. commute. 1:04:12, 16.12 miles, 15 mph average. Part of this ride was dang painful, but part was beautiful. There was a long section of headwind where I could only go around 12 mph. Fortunately, there was a long section of tailwind at the end. It was a long uphill grade, but I was steadily cruising at 17.5 mph up the hill. I could have gone faster too, but wanted to keep my cadence pretty high to keep my knee happy. That was sweet because for awhile I thought my legs must be totally dead tired. It's just amazing how much difference the wind direction makes. And it wasn't even blowing that hard tonight.

One of my goals this year is to ride more miles every month than I did last year and therefore more total miles for the year too.  I was above in March and much above in May, but fell short in April due to all the freakish snow the first part of the month.  As of right now, I need 14.55 miles to pass June 2006 monthly miles and 9.1 miles to pass year-to-date miles at the end of June 2006.

I'm cleaning the house today.  And probably will move out to the barn to start cleaning there.  Anyone want to come and help?  :)

Bike
  • 2h 50m 18s
  • 40.17 miles
  • 14.15 Mi/hr

10:30am start. Perfect day for a bike ride! Temps in the 60's and sunny. I felt really good until about mile 30. Then I was getting hungry for lunch. I knew I only had about 10 more miles to go and was hoping a fresh bottle of Gatorade would see me through. It didn't. Around mile 35 I turned into the wind. Then I reached a section of some bad chip seal road with a headwind. Then there was a section of uphill chip seal with a headwind. My tail was draggin' by the time I got to the end.

Today's ride was a ride of exploration to some extent.  Instead of riding from home, I loaded up the bike and drove to the village where I work.  From there I rode my bike to the YMCA to explore how I might be able to ride to the Y to swim and then ride back.  Some stop and go traffic through town, but it wasn't bad.  I then turned around and headed over to the start of the bike and hike trail known as the Greenway Trail.  Rode that partway and got off at one the intersecting roads and back to my car.  Well, I made a short pitstop for lunch about 1 mile from where I parked.  The little village where I parked is having their local fair this weekend so I splurged on a hotdog and some sweet potato french fries.  mmmmmm good!  Loaded up my bike and headed to the ice cream store to pick up the ice cream Birthday Cake that I ordered for my DH's birthday today!  Dessert for tonight!!!!!!

Swim
  • 32m
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 02m 40s /100 yards

7am lap swim.
100y breast, 1000y free continuous, 100y breast.

Sport
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 15m

Read some more about technique and I think I am doing this better. At least I felt like it was harder than the last time so that is good.

Official times for my 5k from over a week ago are FINALLY posted so the race report is done now.  That took awhile!

• Health data: Sick: 3

drdi's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • March's totals