Run
  • 36m 32s
  • 3.75 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi

6am Had to pull the tights out of the closet this morning as temps were in the 40's. Near perfect conditions for a run! I love walking out the door at 10 minutes to 6 and it is light outside. Still enjoying the wildflowers. Saw my first wild indigo blooming today. Still don't quite get why the flowers are yellow (although someone once explained it to me, but I have since forgotten).

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Warm up: walk 1 mile, 16:40
Cool down: walk 1 mile, 15:10

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 31m 50s

Warm up: walk 1 mile, 16:40
Cool down: walk 1 mile, 15:10

So swimming was changed from Tuesday to Monday and biking from Monday to Wednesday and running from Wednesday to Tuesday, but I was lazy Tuesday so running was changed from Tuesday to Wednesday and biking changed from Wednesday to Thursday.  :)  :)  :)  :)

Not good.   2nd missed workout in 3 days.  Woke up this morning and was going to run, but the rain and wind howling outside made me stay in bed.  Yep, it MADE me do it!  ;)  Then work ran late as usual on Tuesdays.  I HAD to start making a little headway on the mowing before dark.  So now it's 9pm and I'm eating because I'm starving.  Will try again tomorrow to get back on track.
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1700.00 yards
  • 02m 39s /100 yards

Just swimming laps. I have a tiny bit of pool burnout going on right now. I figure if I can go at least once a week and do what I like, which is just swim, then I will get through this phase. Plus OWS season will be here soon! I like that!

So now that I moved swimming to Monday this week, I think I may move biking to Wednesday and running to Tuesday.  :)

Long day.  Up early to get a bunch of chores done.  Then made the trip to Cleveland to watch my niece (as part of her high school choir) sing the National Anthem at the Cleveland Indians ballgame.  Then afterwards my sister and I went and visited my mom for a bit.

I was going to bike tomorrow; but now I am thinking more towards swimming.  I have to get up earlier for swimming than for biking, but the weather is suppose to be rainy so switching Monday and Tuesday workouts make some sense.  Of course, I rarely do things that make sense.  ;)

Bike
  • 43m 36s
  • 11.24 miles
  • 15.47 Mi/hr

a.m. commute. 5.62 miles, 22:08, 15.2 mph average, perfect weather!

p.m. commute: 5.62 miles, 21:28, 15.7 mph average, muggy ride home, being chased by thunder, but it never did rain.

Run
  • 40m 58s
  • 4.27 miles
  • 09m 35s /Mi

6am Another predicted 90 degree day so up and out the door early. Didn't seem quite as humid as the other morning. I had a very nice run. There were 8 wild turkeys out feeding in one of their usual fields. Lots of wild flowers starting to bloom in the roadside ditches.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Walking before and after run.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 17m 30s

Worked all morning.  I need a nap.

Nap completed.  I feel better.  :)

Water temperature in Lake Erie is approaching 60 degrees.  With any luck, water temps will be warm enough to swim in without a wet suit in 2-3 weeks.  This is important since I don't have a wet suit and one is not in my budget.   Looking forward to getting out of the pool!

I'm going to start my bright white blank calendar off with a rest day.  I haven't had a true no workout day since last Wednesday.  Of course there is lawn mowing and flower planting to do if it doesn't rain. 

Bike
  • 46m 11s
  • 11.25 miles
  • 14.62 Mi/hr

a.m. commute. 5.62 miles, 23:17, 14.5 mph average.

p.m. commute. 5.63 miles, 22:54, 14.7 mph average.

Run
  • 39m 30s
  • 4.09 miles
  • 09m 40s /Mi

6am Going to be 90 degrees today, so off and running early. Still a bug free run. Deer flies are just starting to hatch so it won't be long before they'll be dive bombing me on my runs. Very pretty, but humid summery morning.

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Stretching session too short. In a hurry as usual.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 13m 30s

Stretching session too short. In a hurry as usual.

It would be really nice if weed wacking were good cross training for swimming or something.  My arms are pooped!

My legs felt fresh this morning after not running last week.  Too bad my upper body and core feels worn down from the weed wacking session yesterday.  More weed wacking tonight if it is not raining.

drdi's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals