Bike
  • 1h 18m 38s
  • 19.44 miles
  • 14.83 Mi/hr

a.m. commute. 5.63 miles, 22:18, 15.1 mph average.

p.m. commute. 13.81 miles, 56:20, 14.7 mph average. Was doing ok until I hit the rough chip seal road. Then the state route with the crappy shoulder and lots of traffic. Then the road with the funky seams across the road every 20' or so. Then the last 4 miles directly into the 30mph wind. What was I thinking? (hehehehe I still love my bike even if I am slow. HA!)

Sport
  • Walking
  • 57m 37s

6am. 4 mile walk. 14:20, 14:07, 14:06, 15:04. Last mile was slower because my neighbor's dog kept trying to follow me and I had to turn around and shoo it home.

Stage 4 of 12 of the Tour de France challenge complete.

• Health data: Sick: 2
Bike
  • 45m 10s
  • 11.25 miles
  • 14.94 Mi/hr

a.m. commute. 5.62 miles, 23:38, 14.3 mph average. Took the short route in. Still VERY humid and oppressive feeling ahead of the cold front that will push through during the lunch hour. I felt tired and sluggish, probably from not sleeping very well in the heat the past couple of nights. Started raining a bit during the last 1/2 mile of my morning commute. We need the RAIN! All plant life is turning brown and shrivled.

p.m. commute. 5.63 miles, 21:32, 15.7 mph average. Front came through. Now it's nice and cool. Perfect!

So my achilles that I am trying to get healed felt perfect all day, until bedtime.  Then I noticed some soreness when I was doing my evening bedtime stretches and massage.  My test run was just that.  A test.  And things are not ready yet.  Will try again in another couple weeks.  I'm really not too bummed this time around.  It is what it is.  At least there are other activities I can do to stay fit. 

Sport #1
  • Jogging
  • 12m

6am Beat the heat walk. Testing the waters so to speak. Walk 1 mile. Then walk 2:00/jog 2:00 intervals for 2 miles. Then walk 1 mile. Going to take this nice and slow. No complaints at all from my acute achilles injury. Feels normal. My chronic achilles is back to not hurting at all during activity, but it still is sore some at other times during the day. Not bad. Just enough to let me know it is there. I don't know if it will ever really be normal again.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m

6am Beat the heat walk. Testing the waters so to speak. Walk 1 mile. Then walk 2:00/jog 2:00 intervals for 2 miles. Then walk 1 mile. Going to take this nice and slow. No complaints at all from my acute achilles injury. Feels normal. My chronic achilles is back to not hurting at all during activity, but it still is sore some at other times during the day. Not bad. Just enough to let me know it is there. I don't know if it will ever really be normal again.

Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 48m

ICE ICE BABY!  :)

Was going to swim today, but now I'm thinking I may just skip a workout.  I'm tired from yesterday.  It's 95 degrees (if you ask me, anything above 75 is too hot).  My back is bothering me some today (although feels better after some vitamin I earlier today).  My back is also sunburnt from Saturday's excursion.  We have no air conditioning in our home except for windows and a fan.  Actually I refuse to spend money for air conditioning when the reality is that we need it less than 7 days every summer.  Would be a waste.  Still, it's one of those days to sit back, relax and try not to sweat.  Ok I did mow grass (or more appropriately weeds since the grass is brown) for 2 hours this morning.

This may all sound like I'm crabby, but I'm really not.  I'm mostly just hot and don't want to move.  I'm really in a pretty good mood.  :)

Bike
  • 4h 45m 31s
  • 63.96 miles
  • 13.44 Mi/hr

Tour of Crawford County metric century route. The route was roughly split into three 20 mile segments. Forecast was for temps in the 90's so I got to the ride early and got started around 7:30am. I felt really good when I reached the first rest stop at 19 miles. Stopped just long enough to eat a banana, a fruit bar and drink some gatorade.

Second segment included a BIG hill up. Maybe about a mile long or not quite. Will see when I get the route mapped. Whatever, it was long, but it was worth it because there was a downhill on the backside that I reached 36mph. That was fun. Around mile 35, I had to pee. Bad. Could not find anywhere because of all the houses. By the last couple of miles into the rest stop (at mile 41), I didn't even want to pedal my bike. But I did, and made it to the rest stop. There I ate another banana, a couple pretzel sticks and a couple cookies and drank more gatorade. I was drinking just plain water in between rest stops.

The hills were starting to catch up with me some on the last segment. Plus it was getting warm. I finally turned my computer so I couldn't see the mileage because I found myself counting down the miles. Once I did that I had a much better ride. After a bit, I had to pee again. When I stopped to pee, I checked the mileage and it said 59 miles. Cool! Only 3 more miles to go. A lot of the miles toward the end were downhill and that helped a lot.

They had pizza, watermelon, pop and water at the end. Yummy! Not a fancy ride, but this was a VERY nice route. No mountains, but considering how flat it is around my house, the hills felt like mountains from time to time. The longer hills, I just shifted down into the small chainring (thank god for triples) and took my time. My knees were thanking me for that and gave me little trouble.

I would do this ride again.

Well I just spent an hour putting in the route in the BT route tracker.  Hit the save button and get an error message that it failed to save.  WTF!!!!!  Will try again later.  It was a fun day!  Hot!  Hilly!  But fun!

Measured out the biggest hill on the route.  It was 300 feet of elevation gain in 0.86 miles for a 6.6% average grade if I am doing my math correctly.  That is not a mountain, but it is a decent hill for someone's whose "bike around the block" route has something like 45 feet of elevation change in 7 miles.  :)  :)  :)

Bike
  • 2h 05m 41s
  • 30.22 miles
  • 14.43 Mi/hr

Rode to Linesville beach to swim and back home.

Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Pymatuning, Linesville Beach. First OWS of the season. First OWS somewhere other than Lake Erie. I'd never been to this beach before so I decided to see what it was like. It's very small and the water was pretty shallow, but deep enough for swimming. Probably only about 100y long. Still, a lot better than swimming 25y, turn, swim 25y, etc.

There were pluses and minuses of swimming in the reservoir vs Lake Erie. Pluses: warmer water, waves much smaller (so no seasickness). Minuses: more seaweed and muckier bottom. The visibility is about the same for both, i.e. zero. Overall, I think I like the reservoir just a little better since I didn't feel seasick from the waves.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Bike, swim, bike.

My tan is becoming stupid looking.  White feet.  White hands except for the fingers.  White left wrist (from my watch).  Shorts line mid thigh.  At least I've been wearing sleeveless tops so I don't have a farmer's tan too.  :)

Decided to delay my test run until next week since I had a chance to do an OWS today.

Rest day!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

drdi's Training Log

July 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time