Canning day!  Green and wax beans are today.

• Health data: Sick: 2
Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 30m

Actually more like five hours of yard work, but that would make my log look too weird. Besides, first 3 1/2 hours was just sitting on the riding lawn mower. Then about 1 hour of weed wacking and 1/2 hour with the push mower. Tired, sweaty and smelly. Ahhhhhhhhhhh summertime!

Bike
  • 2h 01m 32s
  • 30.19 miles
  • 14.90 Mi/hr

Two part bike ride. Left home around 3pm and rode over to a client's farm where they were putting on a big event for Rhodesian Ridgebacks. All sorts of different events from agility, herding, conformation, weight pulling and racing. It's really just a fun show and not a competition per se. I am the vet on call for the event so I decided to go see what was happening. Spent about an hour and a half there. Pretty cool watching the dogs do their thing. So 16 some miles on the first leg (most of it uphill into the wind) and 13 some miles coming home.

Tour de France bike challenge done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 20m

9pm. 4 mile walk. 15:06, 14:11, 13:44, 13:50. Last three miles I tried racewalking for about 5-6 minutes then finished the mile regular walking. My legs were tired from standing all day so I had an even harder time with the racewalking thing than the other day. At least I got some exercise done. That was doubtful for awhile.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 56m 51s

9pm. 4 mile walk. 15:06, 14:11, 13:44, 13:50. Last three miles I tried racewalking for about 5-6 minutes then finished the mile regular walking. My legs were tired from standing all day so I had an even harder time with the racewalking thing than the other day. At least I got some exercise done. That was doubtful for awhile.

What a weird afternoon at work.  5 emergencies squeezed in at the end of the day.  Dog not eating, dog can't pee, cat can't breath, cat can't close mouth, dog chewed on by another dog.  Every one legitimately needed seen today.  Got out of work 2 hours later than normal.  Then had to go home and get the eggs ready for market and pick a peck of green beans.  I was very surprised at the end that I felt motivated to go for a walk.  But I did.  That is good.  :)

Bike
  • 43m 15s
  • 11.32 miles
  • 15.70 Mi/hr

6:15am My plan was to bike commute today, but woke up and the forecast was changed from a 50% chance of rain to an 80% chance of rain with thunderstorms a possibility. Decided to just ride around the block before work this morning. It was a little foggy at first light, but it started clearing up nicely. I won't be able to do this much longer though as the days are getting shorter.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 25m

5:45am. 4 mile walk. 15:10 (warm-up mile), 13:28 (my sorry excuse for race walking, but still a nice pace), 14:09 (regular walking because that racewalking stuff is HARD), 13:21 (another mile of race walking, but I find it very difficult to maintain a good pace/form for a whole mile).

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 56m 08s

5:45am. 4 mile walk. 15:10 (warm-up mile), 13:28 (my sorry excuse for race walking, but still a nice pace), 14:09 (regular walking because that racewalking stuff is HARD), 13:21 (another mile of race walking, but I find it very difficult to maintain a good pace/form for a whole mile).

Picked a bushel of green beans in the evening.  Not aerobic, but good for flexibility of the spine.  Or something.  :)

Quads are MUCH better this a.m. although I can still feel them.  Weird.  I've never have my quads stiffen up like that.  Calves, yes.  Quads, no.  Well, always something different.   At least this is just muscle soreness.  THAT I can deal with.  Just wish my massage guy wasn't on vacation!  Darn him!

Decided to sleep in a little this morning and not do a morning workout as I usually do on Tuesdays.  Today is my long day at work too.  I'd like to get a walk in, but it all depends on how I feel when I get home.  Plus it's kind of a rainy drizzly day.   I may just take the day off.  Maybe.

drdi's Training Log

July 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • March's totals