Bike
  • 2h 05m 41s
  • 30.22 miles
  • 14.43 Mi/hr

Rode to Linesville beach to swim and back home.

Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Pymatuning, Linesville Beach. First OWS of the season. First OWS somewhere other than Lake Erie. I'd never been to this beach before so I decided to see what it was like. It's very small and the water was pretty shallow, but deep enough for swimming. Probably only about 100y long. Still, a lot better than swimming 25y, turn, swim 25y, etc.

There were pluses and minuses of swimming in the reservoir vs Lake Erie. Pluses: warmer water, waves much smaller (so no seasickness). Minuses: more seaweed and muckier bottom. The visibility is about the same for both, i.e. zero. Overall, I think I like the reservoir just a little better since I didn't feel seasick from the waves.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Bike, swim, bike.

My tan is becoming stupid looking.  White feet.  White hands except for the fingers.  White left wrist (from my watch).  Shorts line mid thigh.  At least I've been wearing sleeveless tops so I don't have a farmer's tan too.  :)

Decided to delay my test run until next week since I had a chance to do an OWS today.

• Health data: Sick: 2
Rest day!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 05m

6am 4 mile walk. I didn't take my watch. I think I slept walked through the whole thing. Holidays should not be immediatlely followed by a work day.

Depending on how things go on Saturday, I may start off with some 1-2 minute intervals of jogging during my walk.  It will have been three weeks of no running and everything has felt good for the past week.  Going to take it VERY slow and easy.  Someone please feel free to get on my case and make sure I am icing after every workout.  I've been so lazy about this and ice helps so much.

Bike
  • 1h 16m 25s
  • 19.25 miles
  • 15.11 Mi/hr

10am I know why I almost always start off my bike on the uphill grade into the wind. But gosh, it is demoralizing to start off and not even be able to stay above 13mph. Oh but the return trip is oh so sweet!

Calories burned = one slice of cheesecake.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 25m

Happy 4th of July to the U.S. peeps!

Typical start on the farm.  Got up around 4:30am to put the finishing touches on the cheesecake for the family cookout (new recipe:  Decadent chocolate chunk cheesecake.  New York style baked cheesecake with chocolate chunks throughout on an Oreo cookie crust and topped with ganache.)  I hope it tastes half as good as it looks.  Got the deviled eggs done too.  Oh so pretty!

Then outside to take care of the poultry.  We've been having trouble with racoons getting in the barns and making a mess.  Discovered the nicely baited-with-marshmallows live trap was holding a skunk.  I hate that!  Didn't actually spray too bad, but I am carrying a faint odor of skunk around with me.  :)

Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 15m

6am. 4 mile walk. 14:26, 13:45, 13:27, 13:31. Really tried to push the pace this morning. Thrilled to see 3 miles under 14:00 pace. It was a nice cool morning with lower humidity so it was much easier to do than the last time.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 55m 09s

6am. 4 mile walk. 14:26, 13:45, 13:27, 13:31. Really tried to push the pace this morning. Thrilled to see 3 miles under 14:00 pace. It was a nice cool morning with lower humidity so it was much easier to do than the last time.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m 40s /100 yards

7am lap swim.
warm up: 100y breast
1300y free continuous
cool down: 100y breast

Bike
  • 3h 29m 33s
  • 47.28 miles
  • 13.54 Mi/hr

Another self-tour exploring different nooks and crannies of the county. Basically I rode up to Conneaut and had lunch at a park on Lake Erie and rode back home. I explored quite a few roads that I had not ridden on before. The first 25 miles were a direct shot into the wind. It was ugly, but I just took my time. Temps were in the mid 60's. Kind of weird for the first day of July. I was surprised to see about a dozen people swimming in Lake Erie when I got there. Lake temps are around 68 now and the air temp was cooler plus the 15+ mph winds. No thanks!

Overall a nice ride. Had some stomach issues on the ride home, but not until the very end. Don't know what caused that? Maybe I ate too much for lunch? Hmmmm?

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

drdi's Training Log

July 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31