• 26.20 miles
  • 12m 16s /Mi

See Race Report
13:03:59 Overall PR

Swim
  • 20m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Comedy of errors this morning, got up packed up for the gatorade swim. walked out the door, mo wallet or room key. Fortunately the housekeeping folks were next store so she let me in. Now I'm off, I get all the way out and Oh sh** ! I forgot my goggles. So U turn back to the hotel, grab the goggle and just make it back in time, to hear gear drop off closes in 5 minutes. SO jump into my wetsuit, drop my bag and off I go. The edge is a serious drop so you have to jump in, and wham the water was cold!!!!! Took a minute to catch my breath. Then I cruised out under the Mill street bridges to the start then headed towards the bouy and swam the way back in. Good swim, got to the dock as they closed up shop and called everyone in. Got my butt kicked taking my wetsuit off, thank god for strippers (wet suit strippers that is). Spotted my bike in the tri bike transport pen and then drove the bike course.

Went to the Welcome Banquet and Athletes meeting. Met a nice family from Toronto. She was turning 60 and wanted to do her first Ironman so here she was. Then A fellow BTer (two cougars) sits down next to me. Got to watch GymGirl get up on stage as the youngest female in the race, but the oldest guy 76 who was doing his thrid zim of the year and had open heart surgury to start the year. Good time, but was a bit brisk. Good to know since I'll spend a couple hours in it on Sunday once the sun goes down.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Got up and found the race site. Parked across from the ASU football stadium, whick is just around the corner from the Mill street bridge. Found out that was ASU student parking with permit only (but no ticket, so ignorance is bliss sometimes) Walked along the shoreline of Lake Tempe and watched the morning Gatorade swim (didn't have my stuff and only allowed to swim from 8-10am). Walked by the stair ramp to check that out and come across someone giving some open water swim advice to a small group of people and listened to try and learn something. About 5 minutes later the guy on the mic says Andy Potts is here at the swim right in front of the stairs. Wow, I'm talking to and getting tips from a US Olympian, and IM 70.3 World Champion and here he is giving is full atttention to 3 mid aged MOP age groupers. Never would have known it, exteremly cool guy stayed and talked with everyone who wanted to. I signed in after standing in a long line , but the expo just wasn't big enough to burn time, then I grabbed a sandwich and then listened to Paul Huddle, Mike Riley, and The other Race director give a prentation. Then I walked around some more found the Arts Center. Drove back to the hotel, found a grocery store, stocked the mini fridge, then drove the beeline(bike course).

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3
Fly out to Phoenix. 4.5 hour flight but we left early and got here early, and everything just went ridiculously smooth, (no traffic on the Blue Route, no wait for the Shuttle bus, line of 4 people at terminal security). There was a problem with the hotel cable but they fixed it and even hada cable for Internet access. Cool deal. Walked out to get some food and that was about it for the day. Went to bed early.
Swim
  • 39m
  • 2150.00 yards
  • 01m 49s /100 yards

Last workout this timezone prior to IMAZ. Slept in (or tried to between the kids, the cats, and Tammy) then headed to the Y. 38 degrees this morning burr. Got there just as an old guy was leahe gave me his lane. Actually had it to myself the whole time. Just planned on going smooth and easy. Felt pretty good and had a good feel for the water. Couldn't quite tell if the guy in the lane next to me was racing me a length at a time, but I won each time and as I ramped it up towards the end I was crushing him. Good swim and then sat in the hot tub for 5 minutes after.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 50m
  • 17.46 miles
  • 20.95 Mi/hr

On leave for this week for IMAZ. Fly out on Wednesday, so just hung out all day. Actually put some of my energy to good use and cleaned up the house and made Tammy feel guilty (and then cashed in on that a bit later..hehehe). After band practice Adrian wanted to skip out on karate but I had to work out so he was going. I dropped off Matthew and went to the Wellness center pick one of the good Pecor's (but no foot straps) and just hammered away for 50 min to the beat playlist. Had the whole screen covered so no feedback but I went at a high tempo and di some sprints per the music including Rocket in the Sky. pulled up the towel at 3:37 to go and saw 16.3 miles, and really didn't feel that hard. Hammer to the end, then changed, picked up Matthew, did some stretching and so plometrics waiting for Adrian. Very good workout.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

southwestmba's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals
  • 2015 totals