• 56.00 miles
  • 18.93 Mi/hr

See Race report. Up to 8/33 and 29/221

Run
  • 1h 48m 28s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 08m 17s /Mi

See race report. Up to 7/33 AG and 25/221 OA

Cold morning, started raining as they cleared transition. Got to wait and extra hour and a 15 min to start since HIM was last. Was absolutely miserable on the first loop of the bike cold and very slick and wet, shivering and wanted to just stop after 1 loop but I kept at it and was rewarded. The rain stopped and my run was awesome. Hurt alot, bad nutrition execution, but I held it together for a PR on a very tough course 5:24:12 for 7th place in my AG and 25th overall! Who would have thought that was coming! Would have qualified for USAT HalfMax!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 05m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 20.31 Mi/hr

Decided I wasn't going to do the cycling class, then changed my mind since I had to bring Adrian to teach Little Eagles anyway. Go there and it was Chris teaching so I ended up pushing it for my old friend. Got a good warmup then class started, warm up and stretching. Then right into a 30 min hill. Song seated, song standing, song alternating, song surging, and another seated, then standing, then progressive seated to max then standing to lock up resistance barely able to move the pedals for the last minute. After that did a set of breakaways, then a set of jumps, then a very heavy hills with breakaways at resistance. Was supposed to be girls vs guys alternating but I just pushed whole way adding each time the guys came up and pushed it to the end.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 05m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 20.31 Mi/hr

After a afternoon of IRC training, doc, and calls about FCS, I finally got on the road and headed home. Just in time to see Tammy head out the door. Made a Pizza for dinner and headed to the Y for cycling class. Got a short warmup before Leanne got started. Warmup and stretching song ending in a standing jog, into a 3.5 min standing climb adding, then a 30/30/30 stand/hoover/sit set. Then a progressive hill 1 turn every 30 sec seated for me, then a sit/stand 30/30 ending with a 60 sec seated sprint. Then into a 45 on 45 seated sprint (recovered standing. Then a stand/hoover set done progressive, then a standing climb to seated sprints of 25,35,45. Then the endurance run standing and finally a standing heavy hill progressive. Then cooldown and stretching. Good workout.

Run
  • 49m
  • 5.95 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

Another one of those days where I have no idea what happened to the morning. Blink and its gone. So off I went for a B street loop today in a steady light rain. Felt good and smooth. Good run

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 45m
  • 5.43 miles
  • 08m 17s /Mi

Misty day which made commuting no fun but didn't preclude a run at lunch. Pavement was damp but did get any real rain until the last two miles of my River Loop going up Jefferson. Picked it up as the rain started but nice smooth run for the most part.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 21.77 miles
  • 21.77 Mi/hr

Came home made tacitos and mash potatoes and mandrain oranges for dinner then went to pick up Adrian and then went to the college/carrer fair. 2 days in a row at the high school. Came home after getting a ton of flyers and catalogs and went for a ride. Listened to some sting and played bad poker but finished 67th. Sort of a struggle mentally but got through it.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 07m 49s
  • 24.84 miles
  • 21.98 Mi/hr

Rainy Tuesday so no lunch run and then Adrian's Open house at school (rescheduled after the transformer fire) so didn't get home till late. Made bourbon beef tips over white rice and manderain oranges. Went down and road the bike for a nice tempo 40K. Hit 1 hour at 21.79 and 40K in 1:07:49. Felt steady and under control. Good ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 46m
  • 5.43 miles
  • 08m 28s /Mi

Another Monday, with too many priority one tasks dominating the morning. So the morning was over before I had a chance to sit down. Glad to get a break and do a River loop going down Jefferson. Nice smooth run not too fast or too easy. Felt good.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 19.00 miles
  • 19.00 Mi/hr

Monday and got a text from Tammy that Adrian cut class on Friday. Which made an already hectic day more so. Got home right before Matts Dodgeball just had time to change and get us to the Y. Right into an hour on the 2nd bike from the inside. No headphones so didn't get to listen to the TVs but I cruised through at a nice smooth steady tempo. Not a super hard effort, good ride.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

southwestmba's Training Log

October 2012 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals