Springfield,VA 
Run
  • 52m 55s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi

Official time

I'm still flying pretty high from this morning. Have to say, there are just not enough good words for ChipmunkHeart for running with me today - I don't think my time would have been nearly as good without her sticking with me and to have someone that totally appreciates what you've accomplished as you come across the finish line is just awesome
Race report posted, will edit if they post the chip times.
I never thought I'd be saying the words, "I puked and it was awesome!" but there you go - unofficial time 52m54s, 10 MINUTE 35 SEC MILES! Race report to follow soon.
Cocked, Locked & READY TO ROCK!! Race Day!

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Figure a little extra stretching on the legs isn't a bad idea.

Mmmmmmmmmm, carbo loading. I have no idea if it truly makes a difference, but it's a great excuse for comfort food on a cold night. I've come to the realization that I've put more thought into what I am wearing to run tomorrow than I do for most dates. (Yes, gents, hard to believe I am available isn't it?) Yeah, I'm just a tad stoked for this. Oh, neat thing last night - after a day so mind-numbing that I completely forgot HH, I decided to stop in at my bar and catch the end of the hockey game. After getting stuck next to a nice but borderline lecherous gentleman, I throw out a 'help me' to two guys down the bar that I'd made eye contact w/earlier - got over w/them and they said they'd been talking about me and were betting that I was a marathon runner, because "Well, you look like one." I have no idea what one looks like, but after 3 1/2 months of training, that was a killer compliment to me. :)
There is ICE on the back deck this morning... Still trying to figure out what on earth to wear tomorrow so that I don't freeze and yet don't leave a 5 mile trail of clothing in my wake as I get warm.

Today distracted me to the point where I forgot there was a HH... that's just sad.
Just chilling out today & tomorrow. I need to figure out what on earth I'm gonna wear on Saturday so I can hit that happy medium between wardrobe induced heatstroke & hypothermia...
Run
  • 35m 49s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 11m 54s /Mi
From the TriRats mailing list today: Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb. ---Sir Winston Churchill
I think the best description for today's run is "messy"... But knocked it out, got the blood moving and onward w/the day.

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches

40/40/30

Planned workout for after work is packing! Oh how I love moving. The next 7 weeks are going to be interesting to say the least - 2 races, 2 holidays, getting my townhouse rental ready, and having grandma in town for a month, who is probably not going to be terribly understanding about training...part of me thinks, "Yes, she will think this is great!" but the reality will be more along the lines of "yet again, the BAD granddaughter." I see myself sneaking out to the gym at 4:30 in the morning. I've already put several friends on notice that the day grandma goes home, they're going to have to come fetch my butt from the bar when I close it down. I have decided that I will find time in there to get down to Yorktown to give my Coastie a proper sendoff once the pick lists are done - we're both gonna need a fun night out on the town.

Swim
  • 07m 19s
  • 250.00 meters
  • 02m 56s /100 meters
Strength
  • 1h 00m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -
  • ABS - Crunches

Full weight circuit

Great weight session, short swim - been neglecting the water and oh boy did it show. Lesson learned.
My little brother is going to do the MudRun with me next September! I tried to convince him that if he started training now, he could do the Shamrock run - I am taking the "laughing so hard beer came out his nose" reaction as a "no thanks". But he did say he'd stick w/me on the MudRun to get me over any obstacles I'm too short for. :) (I bet if he lets me do his training plan, he'll be ready for the Army 10 miler without knowing it...)

Run
  • 57m 37s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 30s /Mi
Not the best pace on the run today, but it felt good and when we finished I felt pretty darn good, right up until the point I put the key in the lock of my door and it just spun instead of opening the door... Why you should always have your cell with you, so you can call the locksmith to get you back in your house. :) Also, it's slightly depressing to run with someone who can walk as fast as you can run. (I chalk it up to the fact that he is 6'5" and I am oh so not.) But, I ran the entire way, walking only for water. (However, I did easily down at least 20oz of water...)

BodyCheck's Training Log

November 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time