reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
Alrighty, I think I've got a decent plan of action in my head now. One more lunchtime 3 miler this week, a 5 mile over the weekend, then another 5 Tuesday or Wednesday, and then nothing the rest of the week except panic. :)
OK, and now we see what happens when I suck it up. Did the first mile in 10, walked about 1.5 minutes, ran most of rest of the way to mile 2, sprinted into the mile 2 mark, walked about 3 minutes, and then ran most of the way home from there, with another sprint into the finish. Didn't even want to barf. Probably helps that I walk when I drink, and I drink a LOT, and I decided from the outset this would only be 3 miles. (Can't drink and run, water OR beer.)
Yesterday was just BAD on every level possible. (Some days looking at your bank book and realizing you can be unemployed for a long time and still eat is liberating, other days, it's just a BAD thing to know.) Decided I am not going to let it spill into the rest of the week if I can help it. Run at lunch, won't be a full 5 for time constraints, but that's OK. Probably throw some interval work in there just to see what it does for me. Upside of working at home, I'm already dressed for the run, and if I don't have time to hit the shower the minute I get back in, the only ones offended are the dog & cats. :)

Dentalwork induced rest day. Ecch.
Run
  • 56m 56s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 18s /Mi
Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches

Abs Challenge FINISHED!!
4,310 crunches between 8/21 & today!

WOOHOO! ChipmunkHeart is going to come do the Quantico run with me!
Couldn't figure out why the first mile on this route always kinda sucked (other than the hill that starts it) - pulled up the *satellite* view of the route map - turns out mile 1 is *not* the elementary school driveway, but 6 houses closer. Sure, it's only about 1/10th of a mile, but at least I know now that I really haven't been so bad on that first mile afterall.
OK, I've got to do these throwaway runs more often. The main goal was just get out and move for 5 miles, very secondary was to break 11m35s miles, because that's my average of all my runs that have been under 12m miles. So, I walked when I felt like it, played with my stride, threw in some sprints, and managed to come in my best 5 mile time so far. Also helped A LOT that I didn't overdress today - by mile 3 I was down to shorts & my sports bra and generally scandalizing the neighborhood. "Look kids, that's what a hooker looks like!"
Run again today, with ZERO expectations - I may have gone out and abused my body just a little bit yesterday evening...

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
Two weeks from now I will be done with my first timed race in 20+ years, and the first race of this distance in oh, forever. I'll admit I'm starting to get a little freaked out, and I know part of it is from yesterdays semi-crappy run, and I just need to shake that. My past 4 runs have all been under 12m miles, which is good (for me) and I've hit the 5 mile mark for distance twice without wanting to throw myself under a car at the end, so I know I CAN finish. The "plan" is to get in a run every 2-3 days, resist the temptation to try longer runs and focus on "knowing" what 5 miles feels like so I can pace it. Nothing the last couple days beforehand except panic, but try to look really cool about it. Advice from a friend: "Find a good looking Marine and follow him" :) Finding a looker should be easy, finding a SLOW one may be a little tougher. I'm thinking that realistically with focusing more on my run over the next two weeks and some race day adrenaline, I should be able to come really, really close to an 11m mile, maybe even under. The last (and only) time I broke 11m I near hurled at the end of it, but I'm feeling much better now... My competitive streak has kicked back in big time over the past couple months and I really want to see what I can pull out on this, but I'm still nervous. Just gotta get through this first race so I will KNOW I can do this stuff.

Run
  • 58m 38s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 42s /Mi

Just no juice today, that number includes a full on sprint at the last 1/4 mile. Pushed too hard at the start. Dressed too much so I was roasting a good bit of the time... My head was just not in it.

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches

Now made up for missed days this week

Gear review: REI Double Shot Waistpack I like it!!! Needed to get something that would take care of all the crap I need when I run, and this seemed to fit the bill. It's great - comes w/2 20oz water bottles, but the half liter water bottles I get from the store fit with no problem. There is an elastic at the top of each bottle holder that seems pretty pointless to me since the bottles are quite secure w/out it, guess it's for transporting it so if you pick it up upside down you don't have the bottles flying all over the place. It's well padded and comfy, and very little bouncing around when I ran - only downside is that it's a one size fits all, so I'm probably going to cut down the belt webbing a bit since I've got at least a foot of excess. Zipper compartment is big enough to hold wallet, keys & cell, could probably cram a little more in if you needed. Overall quite pleased, it was nice to not have to carry my water bottle, though it will take a little practice to be able to grab a bottle on the fly. (I can't drink & run at the same time anyway.)
Day off work in theory, but sitting here helping a coworker...grrr...run in a little bit.

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m
Note to self: when basking in the glow of an 5 mile run with an 11m18s pace, don't go talking to the Marine who finished his last marathon in 3:30...*headdesk* (It's a good thing I like him.) On the "ooh, new gear" front, the idiot bag arrived, I now have a place for my keys, cell, 2 water bottles (I am getting sick of having to carry my water bottle) and all that good stuff when I run, since I don't have pockets in my leggings... Downside, this thing is going to make my ass look huge.

Run
  • 56m 57s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 18s /Mi

Not being able to leave well enough alone, still tinkering w/R/W splits, ended up doing something along the lines of 11/1/10/2/9/3, etc, actually worked nicely for me.

Was still feeling kind of crappy this morning, but really wanted to get out and at least move around for a while, figured if nothing, if I felt like crap after a mile I could always go back home. Instead, I pulled the whole five miles and apparently just sweated out whatever was making me feel crappy.

BodyCheck's Training Log

November 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time