3 11 15/60
4 10 47/60
5 11 41/60
6 10 47/60
7 10 53/60
8 10 54/60
9 10 43/60
10 10 16/60

Ahhh, nothing like comin' down off a race high. Got a little Brian Setzer Orchestra blasting, getting all dolled up for my date and just hitting that nice even mellow spot.

Gotta say, those last 4 miles were very odd for me. Just hit the point of "I'm here to kick ass and chew gum and damned if I haven't run out of gum." It was the kind of messed up stress high I used to get when I was on the verge of throwing Vice Presidents out of windows at my various workplaces, and I loved every second of it. Shoulda known that little part of my brain would find it's way into races eventually. ;)

Race report is up!

Very pleased with the results today. 2:55 improvement over the GW Parkway Classic in April, and check out that last mile.

Though today is really for fun more than anything, the overriding theme of the morning will be "take revenge on the course for Chippy." :)

WOOHOO, Caps win!!!!  I also got a call telling me to have fun and run fast tomorrow and to call as soon as I was done to let him know how it went.  Yes, I am a big cheesy dork. :)

In other news, my little brother turned 29 again today.  Good thing he's decided to stop aging, as I don't think I could handle his being 30. 

Finally remembered to go find the official results from the half last weekend - I did even better than I'd thought - 2:21:31!

Off to breakfast and packet pickup here shortly, and at some point I need to figure out exactly where the start is on this thing tomorrow. It's wet and cold and nasty today, and I really, REALLY hope it passes before tomorrow morning like the forecast says it will.

Didn't make it to Meridian, but had a TOTAL BLAST.  Drum, striper & rocks may have been running, but they sure weren't biting.  Did some night fishing when we rolled in Tuesday night, from about 2:30 til sunup, caught a blue and think we had a ray on the line but lost it.  Tried again early Wednesday evening, couldn't land a thing - they were out there and at least nibbling, but just not that interested.  Surfcasting is VERY different from bass fishing.  Cast, set line, crack open beer, and just kick back and wait and watch the lines and chill out. 

Kayaking yesterday afternoon in the sound - the rain held off quite nicely and we had a great time.  It's been 13 years since I've been kayaking, and this was SO much better than last time.  Combo of not being in a 2 man kayak (that really isn't much fun) and good company.  Dave tipped his 4 or 5 times, I managed to stay upright the entire time, despite the wind kicking up and getting some chop & swells on the sound.

And the dog absolutely LOVED the beach, despite the fact that it meant a whole new list of things he is not allowed to eat. 

Sport
  • Kayaking
  • 1h 30m
If all goes as planned, dinner at Meridian 42 tonight - restaurant report to follow.

Sport
  • Fishing
  • 2h 00m

Gone fishin' at OBX... Supposedly the stripers are running - we'll see - regardless, Rockfish season has opened and live croakers will bring in the limit. (Hell, it's been so long since I've been fishing, I'm not sure I even remember how to cast properly, much less worry about limits...) Dave's promised he can hook me up with a saltwater rig, which is a good thing since I have NO saltwater experience - I'm an ugly stik largemouth bass fisherchick. This should be interesting to say the least, but if nothing else, a ton of fun.

Lordy, Dave had better know how to scale and clean those suckers, cause it's been too long for me to remember how...I can cook them once they're ready to go, but...

Run
  • 3h 54m 44s
  • 18.01 miles
  • 13m 02s /Mi
Sport
  • Walking
  • -----

Warmup/cooldown, didn't pay attention to the time

WOOT, new high on the Dow today - 11727.34 - makes my little inner market geek happy.

OK, 18 miles *and* the property taxes are all paid. NOW I can focus on getting things together to go tonight. Mox is coming along, too - I cannot wait to see his reaction to the beach.

Done. Stayed up stupid, stupid late last night, and then was too wound up to sleep, so headed out ugly early and got it done. Now I can go on my road trip with a clear conscience.

Long run today. Somewhere between 16-20, which in theory, should be 18, shouldn't it? ;) We'll see what the legs have to offer and not worry about the rest. If nothing else, I'll have my 20 in next week.

Talked w/ my squeeze tonight about my volunteering for Kona next season and possibly doing the SC HIM. He didn't even blink an eye. (Assuming I don't scare the daylights out of him, seems we've got a kayak volunteer, and possibly a relay partner for Xterra tris next season...it would seem I'm the runner of the two of us.)

He gets it.

Swim
  • 19m 17s
  • 650.00 meters
  • 02m 58s /100 meters

100/150/150/100 w/50m recovery in between. f/s pace: 2:25
Focused on bodyroll.

So, I have this playlist on my ipod called "Dry Dirty Vodka Martini" - lots of old school stuff, rat pack, swing/big band, some ska, latin, old school beach - great boogie around the kitchen and sing along music. Sadly, the animals seem somewhat afraid of my rendition of Peggy Lee's "Fever" - they just have no appreciation of the good stuff.

Dinner: Meatloaf, potatoes & sugar snap peas.

Awesome swim today.

Giving the legs one more reward day off. Probably a short swim this afternoon, but no running til tomorrow.

Army 10 this weekend - that should be fun! Figure it will be good prep for MCM as far as the volume of people goes - Cherry Blossom had 10K people running, this one will have 24K, and MCM will have 30K. No cares on time, I signed up for this one cause I just wanted to do it. :)

BodyCheck's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
Time