Run
  • 5h 25m 50s
  • 26.28 miles
  • 12m 24s /Mi

Chicago Marathon! Race report pending.

It was hot and my feet and knees were hurting from at least the halfway point, hence the slow time. I think this is the first time I've finished and not felt really happy with my performance. I had TONS of energy left (we even walked all over Chicago afterwards and visited the Sears Tower), but I just could NOT get my legs to cooperate and go any faster!

My HR actually is about 10 beats higher on avg than normal, so I'm sure that was part of it and probably due to the heat.

Oh well. It's a blessing to be able to do it.

Run
  • 42m
  • 4.48 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

Went out for a nice easy run with Dash and met my friends on the way. I said "Hey, we need to arrange to run in the same direction at some point! So we started running and talking. They're faster than I am so that meant I came in with a great time.

Marathon is Sunday...yes, I am very stressed. However, to prep I have been listening to the music from Spirit of the Marathon all day and have listened to the movie a few times as well. Wonderful movie! I bought it off iTunes last night. I'll watch it on the plane on the way to Chicago tomorrow night.

45,000 people will be running this marathon...and I'll be just one of the stories out there. I am running this in honor of one of my favorite students (if teachers had favorites), Todd. Todd was in a very serious auto accident three weeks ago. He is still in a coma. He is a "tigger" like kid who enters a room and fills it up, and leaves it empty when he's gone. I miss him this year (he graduated in June) but was looking forward to many visits. So Todd, this marathon is for you.

Run
  • 44m
  • 3.91 miles
  • 11m 15s /Mi

Wellness Wednesday!

Swim
  • 54m 44s
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 02m 29s /100 yards

Run
  • 44m 32s
  • 4.10 miles
  • 10m 52s /Mi

Run
  • 44m 30s
  • 4.38 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

Oh the joy of taper week before a "big" marathon. I think I like doing impromptu marathons better where I don't put much thought into it beyond, "Yeah! That sounds cool!" But when I'm traveling, taking time off work, spending family money I get all nervous. So today my hamstring is tight, I have a new pain in the back of my knee, and my ankle hurts.

Yes friends, it is TAPER MADNESS! I hate it!

On a good note, got two new runners today! Wahoo! I'm lovin' it!

Swim
  • 49m 04s
  • 1900.00 yards
  • 02m 35s /100 yards

Slowbee Joe today! But oh well. It's Monday and I had Monday arms. At least I didn't have anyone standing in my lane, or trying to get out while I was swimming.

Roy swam too. It feels good on his gouty leg. Doctor thinks he might have gout. How odd is that? He doesn't have any risk factors, beyond being a little overweight (but that's generally a factor along with diet). He will know when his blood tests come back. I'm glad he's getting it taken care of. It's only been almost a year since it started hurting. (Don't get me started on whining as a way to treat ailments.)

teechur's Training Log

October 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals